[3.11] Soulrend/Bane Trickster - over 1.3mil Shaper dps!

"
I must use only cluster jewels like yours or its suffixes can be other? I dont know how to find jewels ideally like yours)

You can definatly use other jewels if you want :)

You can even no cluster jewels if you want, but then you might miss out on some good quality of life features.
If you decide to not use jewels for the time being, I would recommend going into the Witch area and pick up de "Arcanist Dominion node, as well as the 3 life nodes next to it.

I use these because it has nice synergies with my build.
The large cluster jewel provides quite a lot of extra damage, and the medium one helps with bossing (because of the Culling Strike it provides - culling means whenever an enemy gets down to 10% life, it will die on hit).
Hi,
Im pretty new to the game and what wondering if you could go more in depth with how we're going to level up interms of what gems to use besides Blight until level 28.

"
Vrudd wrote:
Hi,
Im pretty new to the game and what wondering if you could go more in depth with how we're going to level up interms of what gems to use besides Blight until level 28.

Hi!

Ok done!
I added the following the the build guide for you:
"

Start by leveling with Blight.
The first support gem you will get is Arcane Surge. You'll then receive Void Manipulation as a quest reward. Use it (either as your third link, or instead of Arcane Surge, as it will increase your damage by a lot).

Around this time you'll also get acces to a Clarity gem. This will help you solve the early mana problems you might have. You don't need to level this gem too high, as it will be obsolete further in the leveling anyway. Around level 5 should me more then enough.

Also try to add Wither and Spell Totem to the build, as this will help you with bossing.

Another gem you'll want to pick up is either Dash or Flame Dash. This will help you move around faster.

Pick up a Quicksilver flask from the quest rewards as well for faster movement.

When you get to around level 24, you'll get acces to the Malevolence aura. Use it, as it will increase your damage quite substantially.

If you feel that you are lacking in defence a bit, Flesh and Stone might be a good mana reservation buff to pick up. It only reserves 25% of your mana, and makes it so that enemies have a harder time hitting you.

Switch to Bane as soon as you hit level 28 (and you get access to the gem). A 4L Bane will clear all the way up to maps. You'll get acces to the gems you want to link to it around the same time: Efficacy (at level 31) and Despair. You can use Void Manipulation as your 4th link until you pick up "Whispers of Doom" (which will allow you to use a second curse), at which point you'll switch out Void Manipulation for Temporal Chains.

Don't forget to pick up a Soulrend gem, as well as some support gems for it (Efficacy, Swift Affliction and Greater Multiple Projectiles would be a good start) at this time too, so that you can already level it. You might not yet need them yet, but it doesn't hurt to level them already.
If you have a 4L available already for this, use it. It will help you kill Act bosses that much faster.

This setup will carry you all the way up to maps.

For early maps a 4 or 5L Soulrend will be enough, but if you want to proceed to higher tier maps, you're going to want to get a 6L.

If, during leveling, you manage to find a Doedre's Scorn, even early mapping should me very good with just a 4L Bane.
As for the rest of the gear pieces, I would only recommend to get as much life and resistances as possible during the leveling process, as this will make your experience considerably easier.

Add the rest of the gems and gear as shown in the "Gear"- and "Skills, gems & links"-sections whenever it is possible for you. You already have the most important stuff up and running. The rest won't alter the build dramatically but will just add some nice quality of life and will just help to increase the damage further.
Last edited by Claeysken on Apr 6, 2020, 3:09:44 PM
Hi there!

I want to thank you for the guide, I am newbie to the game and I wanted to build something diferent. Found your guide and it helped me a lot, especially the last comment you added (in order to level).

Now I have a question. I reached lvl 90+ and I feel very strong but, I would like to know something about the damage that I am not able to master.

You say tons of times to priorize + # % chaos over time mult. I know soulrend is a damage over time skill, but i don't get the point of why +10% of chaos damage is not the same as +10% increased chaos damage and also different of +10% increased global damage. Or even +% spell damage. I don't know how these things works.

I ask because now I'm fitting my last skill points and want to priorize cluster gems with one or other. Anyway I think best option overall is Chaos over Time Mult.

Lot of thanks I do really love this build !
Last edited by Sergitu on Apr 17, 2020, 2:45:12 PM
"
Sergitu wrote:
Hi there!

I want to thank you for the guide, I am newbie to the game and I wanted to build something diferent. Found your guide and it helped me a lot, especially the last comment you added (in order to level).

Now I have a question. I reached lvl 90+ and I feel very strong but, I would like to know something about the damage that I am not able to master.

You say tons of times to priorize + # % chaos over time mult. I know soulrend is a damage over time skill, but i don't get the point of why +10% of chaos damage is not the same as +10% increased chaos damage and also different of +10% increased global damage. Or even +% spell damage. I don't know how these things works.

I ask because now I'm fitting my last skill points and want to priorize cluster gems with one or other. Anyway I think best option overall is Chaos over Time Mult.

Lot of thanks I do really love this build !

Hi,
Glad you like the build!
Multipliers are better then increases because, as the name suggests, they multiply the dmg.

To put it with some examples:
Suppose you get 10% INCREASED spell damage, 15% INCREASED chaos damage, 20% INCREASED Damage over time and 10% MORE (or MULTIPLIER) damage.

The math in that would be:
(1.10 + 1.15 + 1.20) * 1.10

As you can see here, the game first adds up all the INCREASED modifiers, and then MULTIPLIES it by the MORE modifier.

Suppose you get 10% INCREASED spell damage, 15% INCREASED chaos damage, 20% MORE Damage over time and 10% MORE damage.

Then the math would be:
(1.10 + 1.15) * 1.20 * 1.10
Same here, the MORE modifiers will be multiplied by the total of INCREASED modifiers.

To answer your question very shortly:
The chaos over time multi will multiply the total of base damage you have.
As such, the multiplier will always give you more damage then an increased modifier.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer for you :)

Greetz

Last edited by Claeysken on Apr 17, 2020, 5:04:31 PM
Ok, it make sense to me now, Then I have to change my last points.

You helped me a lot, thanks for your time, you have a #1 fan by now.

:)

PD: My soulrend is finer than yours but I think this is because some Awakened support gem or aspect of the spider which I could not equip due to lack of other modifiers.

Love u bro !
"
Sergitu wrote:
Ok, it make sense to me now, Then I have to change my last points.

You helped me a lot, thanks for your time, you have a #1 fan by now.

:)

PD: My soulrend is finer than yours but I think this is because some Awakened support gem or aspect of the spider which I could not equip due to lack of other modifiers.

Love u bro !

Hey,

Glad I could help ;)

What do you mean by "finer" btw? Like it seems to have less area?
That might be because I'm using Awakened Greater Multiple Projectiles, and that adds 1 projectile more then the normal GMP (so I have 6 projectiles instead of 5).
Ok, I saw there are skill skins, maybe you have "celestial soulrend effect" and that is why i see it different !
"
Sergitu wrote:
Ok, I saw there are skill skins, maybe you have "celestial soulrend effect" and that is why i see it different !

Ah yea true!
I'm using that skin!
Hi, much appreciate what you've done. The guide is really nice
I would like to know what do you think about dual wielding with wands? It will definitely increase damage alot, but I don't know if the build will be tanky enough? I already have one wand with great rolls and Equipping one more with just 20% multiplier gives a really nice damage buff
I can't test it myself because I'm around 4k hp atm
I'm planning changing my gloves as well, as I got AS on my wand
I feel like going for rare on defensive unique gloves can be a nice shield alternative

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info