GGPK Defragmenter

"
Drakier wrote:
"
HainKurt wrote:
Thanks... hope it does not create any issue with steam... I saw a post saying "do not run this if you use it on steam" is this still valid?

If you use the Steam version, then you cannot run this inside the Steam Content.ggpk location. It WILL mess it up.

This is because Steam uses a byte-patch to patch its content. If you use this GGPK on it, then it changes the Content.ggpk file too much and Steam will end up re-downloading the entire file.

Based on what you posted earlier though, it doesn't appear you use PoE on Steam.

:) No I am not... but I have steam as well... what will happen if I run POE from steam right now? I mean after registering POE with steam... or steam will download its own version and install it somewhere else?
"
HainKurt wrote:
:) No I am not... but I have steam as well... what will happen if I run POE from steam right now? I mean after registering POE with steam... or steam will download its own version and install it somewhere else?

Not exactly the appropriate thread for this discussion, but yes.. Steam has its own installation. When you install Path of Exile from Steam, it creates its own local copy of it that it runs from. I've heard discussion that you can copy your PathOfExile.exe from your Normal installation to the Steam installation so you can play from 1 installation with either client... but if you do that, you HAVE to patch only when using Steam.. you cannot patch using the normal launcher for the same reasons you shouldn't use the GGPK Defrag on a Steam installation.
This program took 1800 MB and 1 minute off my load time. Thanks!
Haha, thanks a whole lot for this!

Before and After
Win7 Pro, using Lappy, Started during OB

Pre-defrag: 7.29 GB
Load time: 105 sec

Post-defrag: 4.48 GB
Load time: 55 sec

Saved:
2.81 GB (39% Decrease)
50 sec (48% Decrease)

Sweet! A very excellent tool indeed. Thank you again.
IGNs:
(SC) dMightyThorOdinson dKingArthur_II dJoanOfArc dQueenPersephone
(HC) dRobinHood dRobinHood_II dJackFrost
thanks for the cleaner!!! had alota of wasted space got back 2953 mb. i can verify it works and even my avast said it was a good item!!
After using defragmentator game took more then usual to load up, about 5 mins comparing to 2 mins. After character selection screen showed up and area started to load an error came up "unable to load some kind of file" and exited with an error :(
"
Mikhail1 wrote:
After using defragmentator game took more then usual to load up, about 5 mins comparing to 2 mins. After character selection screen showed up and area started to load an error came up "unable to load some kind of file" and exited with an error :(

Are you using Steam?

Did you run the PackCheck.exe (as admin) before running the defrag (or after)?

I normally packcheck first, then defrag, then packcheck again to make sure it wasn't corrupted
Awesome utility.

Mine was taking over 10 minutes to start, after repack its down to 2 minutes max otherwise i quite and restart again.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
"
ruby ggpk_defragment.rb Content.ggpk
Defragmenting Content.ggpk
This will likely take a while...
Elapsed time: 4.63 minute(s)
File reduction: 50.77 MB(s)
Successfully defragmented the GGPK.

Press a key to close this application.

Thanks.
I think I need to run this on my system because the most recent patch has me re-downloading just about every time I boot up the game; however, the links, both old and the updated, in the original post are not working for me- not to download the executable file or even get the source code! Can anyone confirm if the links are broken, or better yet, provide one that does work? :) Any help is appreciated!
To all the girls in the red high-heeled shoes,
they took all our money and stole all our boos.
They ain't got their cherries, but that's no sin,
they still got the box the cherry came in!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info