GGPK Defragmenter

"
Drakier wrote:
"
feuerbach wrote:
is this available for the newest patch or is the project dead?

Did you try it?

It's still working. Just click the Spoiler button for the downloads to choose a version you want.

no, i wanted to ask first to avoid reinstalling because it broke my current installation

thanks for replying!
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
Last edited by feuerbach on Aug 26, 2014, 10:49:36 AM
Is there a way to direct the executable to a different Content.ggpk file/location?
"
Is there a way to direct the executable to a different Content.ggpk file/location?
Try the Original Exe version. Alternatively just run the Drakier version in any folder that contains a content.ggpk file.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
"
Try the Original Exe version. Alternatively just run the Drakier version in any folder that contains a content.ggpk file.

You can also run the program with a parameter of the GGPK you want to defrag. It just has to be a single parameter and the FULL path to the Content.ggpk (relative, or absolute).

So if you have PoE installed to D:\Path of Exile\, you could run ggpk_defrag "D:\Path of Exile\Content.ggpk"
"
tonetta wrote:
content.ggpk created on october 14th 2011
saved 450 MB

went from 7,16 to 5,31 GB this time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is it still unusable on steam?
"
Syde wrote:
Is it still unusable on steam?

Yes, because Steam uses a byte-patch method which requires that your local version be identical to the "Steam" version.

The benefit of this is that the Steam version I believe stays relatively unfragmented ... although I've never ran it to see... perhaps it's not. *shrug*
Just downloaded Drakier's exe and put it in my PoE folder, ran it and then I get this error:

What am I doing wrong?!

I read the first few pages of the thread with the rb file and a Ruby thing but I'm no programmer, no idea what any of that means!
Last edited by dannymccann on Sep 3, 2014, 7:21:37 AM
Click on the Content.ggpk file and drag it to the ggpk_defragment?

Also, maybe right-click the ggpk_defragment and then select "Run as Administrator"?

Finally, you can open an Admin cmd prompt then CD to the PoE folder and run ggpk_defagment Content.ggpk
Right click drag seems to work perfectly, thankyou!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info