GGPK Defragmenter

"
Perusoe wrote:

Edit: Is there a way to add the information so it shows in the file's Properties -> Details tab?

Example:
File Version:
Product name:
Product version:

I have no idea. Ruby isn't my main language, and I hadn't used Ocra until the other day when I made that EXE I linked. You can always "reshack" it to have a version and there might be a way to actually version the compiled exe.. I just haven't done enough research to look.
This game is an challenging PIA adventure in computer science just to play, luckily im an enthusiast!
I dont write code, so im not THAT deep tho... ;)

I had issues with game crashing to login, someone ingame said do the --nosound thing,
(ok did that)
and I googled and found the redit thread (re: --nosound)
and in that thread, it also had a link pointing to this thread,
so I have downloaded the defrag tool and running it now...

currently the game servers are down and being reset, so I will see in a few minutes if these two things help me, and how much!

Running the game on a Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop ~ Win7 x64, Single Core AMD CPU, 2 GB RAM
ATI HD4200 GPU verion 13.9 drivers

( I also am running the productionConfig.ini graphics set to
texture_filtering=4
texture_quality=4
Vsync off, and all graphics either off, or as low as they will go, both in the game, and ATI setup.

ALSO: using an external Dell square flat screen and running the game at 1024x768
hooked to the laptop by VGA cable ( laptop monitor is off)

I also am using a 4 GB Sandisk USB thumbdrive; setup for ReadyBoost and formatted with ExFAT
THAT was a big plus, because I only have 2 gigs ram, and a single core cpu.
so yeah, big help there!

sometimes set the Ini settings to 5, for big boss fights ..yeah really sucky visuals, but it runs smooth)
about 20-ish fps dropping to sometimes to 15 and 10! Dominus is a nitemare! I die ALOT
hardcore is no game. sometimes the screen locks up and then of course ..death

The game usually takes a while to startup at first, and load screens between instances take a while to load too.
I will post back, and let you know if this helped me or not :)

looks like the servers are back up .... good timing :) Time to see if these tweaks helps!
crossing my fingers! here we goooooooooooo!

---------------------------------------

ok im back - DEFINITE fps improvement on the --nosound trick ! FPS in the 30-40ish range ! :))
as far as defrag'ing yes, a tad bit faster loading times, was wondering how to defrag poe
nice to have a solution for that, I normally use Raxco Perfect Disk ( ver 13.0)

I also use AutoHotKey and the Macro Script by Willywonka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_hirS7jrFU
thats a big help too, not having to run to a safe area to type /oos

It would be really nice if the GGG devs could add a hotkey mapping to the game for /oos,
cmon man, is it THAT HARD? For real...

I should not have to go to such hassles for /oos! no one else should either.

Having said all the above I really like the game, altho I think the race rewards suck this season.
I mean cmon man, all that stuff is pretty lame. I got the first belt and thats it,
Im not racing any more this season.

Good day, Thanks GGG for an awesome game I used to play Diablo II LOD, Torchlight 2, Fate,
this has effectively replaced those games! Bravo, I just need a better pc.

Have Fun! :)) Time to Play! Game ON!
Last edited by Slippster on Mar 7, 2014, 2:30:52 AM
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Perusoe wrote:
Edit: Is there a way to add the information so it shows in the file's Properties -> Details tab?

Example:
File Version:
Product name:
Product version:

I have no idea. Ruby isn't my main language, and I hadn't used Ocra until the other day when I made that EXE I linked. You can always "reshack" it to have a version and there might be a way to actually version the compiled exe.. I just haven't done enough research to look.

Okay. Thanks, Drakier.
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
Last edited by Perusoe on Mar 7, 2014, 3:57:47 AM
Link not working anymore?? Anyone knows if the old file still would work for the new patch?
IGN: @tagames
"
TAgames wrote:
Link not working anymore?? Anyone knows if the old file still would work for the new patch?
Both myself and Drakier have posted links to versions of the software. Mine is an unchanged copy while Drakiers was rebuilt from the latest source code with some minor alterations.

It should continue to work fine wit current versions of the game.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 11, 2014, 8:46:15 AM
Original post updated with Drakiers download link.
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
Support edit: Above exe download link has stopped working. Drakier has provided the original and a slightly modified download for the exe and source code (adds version number), as well as linux friendly code:

I just downloaded from the latest link, based on the latest date added ("6 hours ago").

I still don't see where the version number is listed. Where do we look for that?
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
"
Perusoe wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
Support edit: Above exe download link has stopped working. Drakier has provided the original and a slightly modified download for the exe and source code (adds version number), as well as linux friendly code:

I just downloaded from the latest link, based on the latest date added ("6 hours ago").

I still don't see where the version number is listed. Where do we look for that?
Have you tried... running the program?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
"
Perusoe wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:

Have you tried... running the program?

Um . . . yeah. But, don't you think it's a bit time-consuming and inconvenient to have to download the file and run it in order to discover that it is the same version you already had?

There are two ways this could be simplified.

• Name the executable with the version included.
    Example:

ggpk_defragment_v1.04.exe.

• Have the version included on the Details tab of the program's Properties panel.
    Example:

Of course, this second example would also require downloading the file first. But, it would not require running the program.

Personally, I think the simplest, easiest way would be the first example. This would only require the person uploading the file to name it in accordance with the version. ;)
Last edited by Perusoe on Mar 14, 2014, 12:53:47 AM
It really isn't that hard, click the download link and choose the option to open it and bam you will see its version very quickly. You don't need to save it somewhere and you don't need to pass it a copy of your GGPK file in order to see the version number.
Computer specifications:
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 14, 2014, 4:37:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info