GGPK Defragmenter

"
I tried that and I get an error box that comes up and says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

My guess is that you're downloading the ggpk_defrag.exe file to your "Downloads" folder and trying to run it from there. Try this:

7 steps to defragmenting your PoE Content file
  • Download the ggpk_defrag.exe file to your PoE installation directory
  • Copy Content.ggpk file to your Desktop
  • Rename Content.ggpk file on your Desktop to Content_old.ggpk
  • Double-click on the ggpk_defragment.exe file in your PoE directory
  • A command line window will open during defragmenting
  • When defragmenting has completed, press a key to end the program and close the window
  • Move the Content_old.ggpk to the installation directory (as a backup)

Steam users will not need to do this. Steam automatically defragments the Content file.

Edit: Oops! It looks like Drakier beat me to it. :P (Sorry, it's not working for you in Win8).
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
Last edited by Perusoe on Feb 21, 2014, 10:41:13 PM
Awesome little app. reduced my folder size by over 2.5 GB

Thanks for this
"
Perusoe wrote:
"
I tried that and I get an error box that comes up and says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

My guess is that you're downloading the ggpk_defrag.exe file to your "Downloads" folder and trying to run it from there. Try this:

7 steps to defragmenting your PoE Content file
  • Download the ggpk_defrag.exe file to your PoE installation directory
  • Copy Content.ggpk file to your Desktop
  • Rename Content.ggpk file on your Desktop to Content_old.ggpk
  • Double-click on the ggpk_defragment.exe file in your PoE directory
  • A command line window will open during defragmenting
  • When defragmenting has completed, press a key to end the program and close the window
  • Move the Content_old.ggpk to the installation directory (as a backup)

Steam users will not need to do this. Steam automatically defragments the Content file.

Edit: Oops! It looks like Drakier beat me to it. :P (Sorry, it's not working for you in Win8).

nope it was in the post that you quoted stating that I downloaded it directly to the PoE folder and like anywhere else I download it to it disappears after 5 seconds. if I manage to get it within those 5 seconds I right click and run as admin and it comes up with the message that u quoted from my previous post. I have attempted every way of doing it and get the same results. so in the longrun this is not possible to do on Windows 8 OS (I really hate Windows 8 anyways for other reasons as well) as seen in my last post this worked within 10 seconds of downloading on my Windows 7 OS Laptop.
░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
use a different browser then to download the executable.
Montogba it really sounds like you have security/antivirus/antispyware software that is incorrectly flagging the program as dangerous and subsequently silently deleting it the instant it finishes downloading it (Or 5~ seconds after the download finishes). This would explain the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." error as it gets erased before command prompt can open it... leading to a situation where command prompt fails to find the file!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 23, 2014, 1:01:01 PM
the download link does not work for me =(

Until the developer re-uploads it somewhere, you can download it from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0h3hztthrx612s5/ggpk_defrag.7z

This is the version that was available at 10/2/2014.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 4, 2014, 8:42:27 AM
I really like this program, but I really wish Zoxc would put a version number with it so we could tell if we had the latest version.
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
"
Perusoe wrote:
I really like this program, but I really wish Zoxc would put a version number with it so we could tell if we had the latest version.

Your wish is my command.

I have updated the code posted in the original post to just include a small blurb about the creator and version. I have also compiled a new exe and hosted it here since the current EXE link in the OP is no longer valid for whatever reason.

I can't guarantee that I will always keep up with any changes, and really that should be done by Zoxc.. but for now, it works.

For those interested in doing it themselves:

1) install Ruby
2) run a Ruby command prompt then run: gem install ocra

Ocra is the ruby gem that can create executables from RB files.

3) run: ocra --console ggpk_defragmenter.rb

You should now have a ggpk_defragmenter.exe that works.
Last edited by Drakier on Mar 12, 2014, 11:43:12 PM
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Perusoe wrote:

Your wish is my command.

So, you're "Zoxc"? In any event, thank you!

Edit: Is there a way to add the information so it shows in the file's Properties -> Details tab?

Example:
File Version:
Product name:
Product version:
Last edited by Perusoe on Mar 6, 2014, 4:36:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info