GGPK Defragmenter

"
Slippster wrote:

I also am using a 4 GB Sandisk USB thumbdrive; setup for ReadyBoost and formatted with ExFAT
THAT was a big plus, because I only have 2 gigs ram, and a single core cpu.
so yeah, big help there!

What is this and how can I do the same thing :D?
Does it help if I have a dual core and 4gb ram?
"
It really isn't that hard, click the download link and choose the option to open it and bam you will see its version very quickly. You don't need to save it somewhere and you don't need to pass it a copy of your GGPK file in order to see the version number.

I use FireFox on Windows 7 64-bit. I don't get the "Open" option. Just "Save".

Watch this:

Drakier has now compiled and uploaded ggpk_defragmenter version 1.0.0.0.

See how easy that was?

Now, since Drakier can't edit the OP in this thread, he could just add the version to the name of the file in his DropBox. For example: ggpk_defragment_v1.0.0.0.exe

That wouldn't be too much to ask, would it?

By the way, sorry to drag you into this, Drakier. And thank you for keeping this excellent little program up-to-date!

Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
Holy shiiiiiiii...

Look at this! Well that wasn't expected.

Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"

Virustotal 2 alerts.False or ?
Last edited by Dziz on Mar 26, 2014, 5:31:53 PM
"
Dziz wrote:
"

Run that on the same one as before. There shouldn't be any virus. It was compiled off the source that is also in that folder (linked in the first post).

Just for curiosity, what virus did it say it found?
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Dziz wrote:
"

Run that on the same one as before. There shouldn't be any virus. It was compiled off the source that is also in that folder (linked in the first post).

Just for curiosity, what virus did it say it found?

I'd expect it to be silly heuristics functionality in the scanners generating a warning and not a confirmed infection.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Hi,

i had same slowness issue, and i used this tool

"
D:\games\PoE>ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk Content2.ggpk
GGPK Defragmenter v1.0.0.0 written by Zoxc (compiled by Drakier)
Defragmenting Content.ggpk
This will likely take a while...
Elapsed time: 11.47 minute(s)
File reduction: 2207.58 MB(s)
Successfully defragmented the GGPK.

Press a key to close this application.

it successfully defragmented, but it overwrote original file...

it should write to a new file! see output...

what did i do wrong?

Last edited by HainKurt on Apr 7, 2014, 9:06:55 AM
"
HainKurt wrote:
Hi,

i had same slowness issue, and i used this tool

"
D:\games\PoE>ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk Content2.ggpk
GGPK Defragmenter v1.0.0.0 written by Zoxc (compiled by Drakier)
Defragmenting Content.ggpk
This will likely take a while...
Elapsed time: 11.47 minute(s)
File reduction: 2207.58 MB(s)
Successfully defragmented the GGPK.

Press a key to close this application.

it successfully defragmented, but it overwrote original file...

it should write to a new file! see output...

what did i do wrong?

It DOES write to a new file.. until it completes successfully, then it deletes the old file and renames the new file. If it all works correctly, you only end up with 1 Content.ggpk file. Your problem is that you put in 2 filenames for parameters, but the version of the GGPK Defrag you ran only accepts one (and ignores the other). The old old version used to take 2 parameters. You can modify the current .rb file to take 2 parameters and compile using ocra if you want to... but the version that is on the main link does not do that anymore (it was changed quite a few versions ago).
"
Drakier wrote:

It DOES write to a new file.. until it completes successfully, then it deletes the old file and renames the new file. If it all works correctly, you only end up with 1 Content.ggpk file. Your problem is that you put in 2 filenames for parameters, but the version of the GGPK Defrag you ran only accepts one (and ignores the other). The old old version used to take 2 parameters. You can modify the current .rb file to take 2 parameters and compile using ocra if you want to... but the version that is on the main link does not do that anymore (it was changed quite a few versions ago).

Thanks... hope it does not create any issue with steam... I saw a post saying "do not run this if you use it on steam" is this still valid?
"
HainKurt wrote:
Thanks... hope it does not create any issue with steam... I saw a post saying "do not run this if you use it on steam" is this still valid?

If you use the Steam version, then you cannot run this inside the Steam Content.ggpk location. It WILL mess it up.

This is because Steam uses a byte-patch to patch its content. If you use this GGPK on it, then it changes the Content.ggpk file too much and Steam will end up re-downloading the entire file.

Based on what you posted earlier though, it doesn't appear you use PoE on Steam.
Last edited by Drakier on Apr 7, 2014, 1:54:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info