[3.11] Ice trap Saboteur - Freeze the Atlas

"
Grozaa,

Maybe you can add Pantheon Gods choices?

Both pantheon choices and bandit choices are present in POB. In case you missed it: Brine King, Shakari.
Why Born in the Shadows is our first ascendancy ? Perfect Crime isn't a best choice for early game ?

Thanks for the great build!
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
CoyoteGti27 wrote:
Hi! I really like this build (it will be my starter for Harvest) and i have a question: about the ascendancy, what do you think about explosives expert? Better/worse than chain reaction? Last time i played traps was in Incursion, so i don't really remember whats best.

I'd say chain reaction is a much better choice. It's similar to explosives expert in terms of damage and aoe, but the benefit of automatically triggering nearby traps is just too good to skip.
Ok thanks!
"
rmfaregonos wrote:
Why Born in the Shadows is our first ascendancy ? Perfect Crime isn't a best choice for early game ?

Thanks for the great build!

Early on you can't really spam traps anyways. Born in the Shadows is a defensive ascendancy and to me it makes sense since traps do good damage at any level anyways. Reducing enemy's chance to hit by half thanks to blind is very helpful especially as a starter when you might be low on HP. So overall I'd say this choice still allows you to breeze through acts while making sure to avoid deaths. Of course if you want to you can pick Perfect Crime first and it's not a bad choice, the order of ascendancy in the build is just my recommendation.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Grozaa,

Maybe you can add Pantheon Gods choices?

Both pantheon choices and bandit choices are present in POB. In case you missed it: Brine King, Shakari.

Oh.. PoB -.-

Yeah..skipped it by accident,heh..
Hey guys, I'm starting out with this build. I don't have the PoB version, I'm winging it with character information instead.

But I can't find bandit info anywhere xD Kill all?
"
Schinu wrote:
Hey guys, I'm starting out with this build. I don't have the PoB version, I'm winging it with character information instead.

But I can't find bandit info anywhere xD Kill all?

Help Alira.
I think ur build got a littel hype this league :D
I'm just at the beginning of act 6 with this as league start. Having a great time so far! I think traps in general are very strong for the league mechanic, since you can start the grove fights with tons of traps sitting where the monsters will spawn. Damage has been very good. The only annoying thing is keeping mana up. Looking forward to getting a Devouring Diadem, esp for boss fights without a lot of adds.

I'm thinking of swapping out tempest shield for withering step for extra move speed and dodge (this is a dodge based build after all).

The last two leagues, I played Pathfinder Poison (Scourge Arrow, Venom Gyre) using a lot of active skills, and I'm thinking of trying something similar here. I may try out self-casting curses, alternating between assassin's mark and frostbite, where assassin's mark is mainly for generating power charges and frostbite for extra damage. On top of that, I might try to work in enduring cry to generate endurance charges for immortal call CWDT. The keyboard setup will be something like
Q -> Ice Trap, W -> Withering Step, E -> Assassin's Mark, R -> Frostbite, T-> Enduring Cry, Space -> Flame Dash, Left Click -> Force Move, Right Click -> Frost Bomb.

Gonna be pretty chaotic to play, but I find the complexity exciting.

Any thoughts?

"
axiomatiks wrote:
I'm just at the beginning of act 6 with this as league start. Having a great time so far! I think traps in general are very strong for the league mechanic, since you can start the grove fights with tons of traps sitting where the monsters will spawn. Damage has been very good. The only annoying thing is keeping mana up. Looking forward to getting a Devouring Diadem, esp for boss fights without a lot of adds.

I'm thinking of swapping out tempest shield for withering step for extra move speed and dodge (this is a dodge based build after all).

The last two leagues, I played Pathfinder Poison (Scourge Arrow, Venom Gyre) using a lot of active skills, and I'm thinking of trying something similar here. I may try out self-casting curses, alternating between assassin's mark and frostbite, where assassin's mark is mainly for generating power charges and frostbite for extra damage. On top of that, I might try to work in enduring cry to generate endurance charges for immortal call CWDT. The keyboard setup will be something like
Q -> Ice Trap, W -> Withering Step, E -> Assassin's Mark, R -> Frostbite, T-> Enduring Cry, Space -> Flame Dash, Left Click -> Force Move, Right Click -> Frost Bomb.

Gonna be pretty chaotic to play, but I find the complexity exciting.

Any thoughts?

There is plenty of room for personalization of the build to make it more of an active playstyle. There is already a lot of clicking with the traps themselves so I usually wouldn't recommend putting too much strain on the wrists/fingers with some extra stuff, but if you like using many active skills then why not, it certainly can give you an extra edge. Withering step is certainly fine, and so is curse self-cast (though of course without extra curse it's not extremely influencial). I'm not sure about the warcry though - you would have to test it yourself, but without investement into warcry it seems to me that the animation time is actually significant and generally standing still while doing nothing and not throwing traps is not a good idea.
Last edited by Grozaa on Jun 20, 2020, 5:05:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info