[3.11] Ice trap Saboteur - Freeze the Atlas

"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Emmerololth wrote:
i've been following your guide and its really amazing!! I would like some help if possible tho, i don't really know which items i should replace ASAP right now and i feel i little bit squishy sometimes. Any advice on what i should work for? also mana is not a problem while clearing maps, but in some bosses iam strugling... i was thinking about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Slavedriver%27s_Hand or https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Devouring_Diadem (i got one of those from Catarina btw) but both of them would make me even squishyer =/ but if i had to choose i think i would go with the gloves...

Any tips would be appreciated.

If you want to have much easier time on bosses with mana then I recommend devouring diadem. Indeed that means you will lose a bit of life since this helmet has no life on it, and because of EB energy shield will no longer protect your life pool. However, when I was playing with that helmet, I still felt quite tanky. I don't think slavedriver's hands are a good idea - trap throwing speed penalty is significant, and blood magic is much riskier than EB.

Speaking of your current gear, right now you have about 6.2k HP - it's obviously not maximum for this build since I had 7.5k, but even at your current situation I wouldn't say that 6k+ life is bad - most trappers in fact run with like 4-5k life at most.

When it comes to obvious upgrades:
1. Your boots have no movement speed - MS is in fact an important defensive mechanic since usually moving away from trouble is the best way of staying alive
2. Your right coral ring could be better - simply you should be able to get a better one even without spending too much
3. Gloves are not great either - again more life and resists should be easy to acquire
4. Your amulet has no annointment - why lose a good notable for no reason?
5. Helmet could have an enchant if you can manage to get one - also try to pay attention to base types - your current helmet is armor-based, with phase acro getting armor is not efficient, evasion or energy shield bases should be better
6. Your shield has no life - I can understand that getting similar shield with offensive mods that you have and also good HP might be expensive, but keep in mind you are losing 100+ life on a shield(so basically 300HP)
7. Your flasks have no quality - your diamond and quicksilver flasks could last longer, health flask could heal more life, mana flask could recover more mana. Also, some mods are questionable - what for melee knockback on diamond flask?
8. In general, you can find some small but meaningful upgrades by taking care of the implicits - your coral ring has implicit range 20-30, you have 23; same for amulet; blessed orbs cost almost nothing

Of course, there are other factors that contribute to survivability - gameplay wise, you have possibility to play very safely if you want, throwing traps from distance etc. Anyways I hope that some of the hints can show you what can be improved.

Alot of info Tyvm, i think the flask part should be the easiest lmao but i gotta farm a little bit more, tinkerskin made me a poor exile!
Started Harvest with this build. So far it has been one of the better league starters I've played and am happy with the build. I took it to 97 and have killed Shaper, Aul, Siurs, and others. You pretty much have to go with devouring diadem (or slave drivers) to drop the mana pot if you want to boss at high levels with this build. You do lose a lot of tankiness and damage, but if you don't you're stuck logging to keep the fight going. I'm going with hypothermia over increased crit strikes and I didn't like assassins mark with blasphemy. I'm going with herald of ice, zealotry, skitterbots, and precision 15 and it's pretty good. My gear isn't "great," but it's good for all around mapping and bosses fall pretty fast. I hope to get to uber atziri and uber elder soon. Thanks again for the build, it's fun.
"
Barzhal wrote:
Started Harvest with this build. So far it has been one of the better league starters I've played and am happy with the build. I took it to 97 and have killed Shaper, Aul, Siurs, and others. You pretty much have to go with devouring diadem (or slave drivers) to drop the mana pot if you want to boss at high levels with this build. You do lose a lot of tankiness and damage, but if you don't you're stuck logging to keep the fight going. I'm going with hypothermia over increased crit strikes and I didn't like assassins mark with blasphemy. I'm going with herald of ice, zealotry, skitterbots, and precision 15 and it's pretty good. My gear isn't "great," but it's good for all around mapping and bosses fall pretty fast. I hope to get to uber atziri and uber elder soon. Thanks again for the build, it's fun.

Glad you enjoy the build, just a quick mention : obviously running devouring diadem means that mana can be pretty much fully reserved, so the setup you have is probably justified. But in general, I wouldn't level up precision - the crit increase is marginal and accuracy is useless. The main benefit of precision in this build is actually being able to use watcher's eye with crit multi. While running zealotry there are other good alternatives though, like ele resist penetration, crit, cons ground etc.
Last edited by Grozaa on Jul 4, 2020, 3:29:20 PM
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Barzhal wrote:

Glad you enjoy the build, just a quick mention : obviously running devouring diadem means that mana can be pretty much fully reserved, so the setup you have is probably justified. But in general, I wouldn't level up precision - the crit increase is marginal and accuracy is useless. The main benefit of precision in this build is actually being able to use watcher's eye with crit multi. While running zealotry there are other good alternatives though, like ele resist penetration, crit, cons ground etc.

Very true, leveling precision is really only a thing until I level my enlighten and can run something else. I'm basically just reserving the rest of my mana until I can fit something else in later. I was kind of thinking about grace as my evasion is lower than I'd like. It's fine with flasks up, but I'm not sure it fits well with so much mana reserved. Vaal grace is a must imo so the gem is already there.

Killed uber atziri btw. Damage is still a bit lower than I like for that fight so a lot of dodging, but it's doable.
Last edited by Barzhal on Jul 4, 2020, 5:19:04 PM
Played as a starter in Harvest League, lvl 91 atm, and doing T16 maps, albeit dying here and there. It is actually a solid build that can take you deep to end game, fairly safe due to freeze and shatter mechanics, and I wanted to thank you for the guide.

However, like you mentioned it does run into mana problems and highly suggest switching to Devouring Diadem helmet when you can afford it.
I tweaked the skill gems a bit to get more damage into red maps because I don't have the best gear. I have 4.7k life and around 100k shaper DPS per trap

For myself I'm running
Ice trap-multiple trap-trap and mine dmg-hypothermia-concentrated effect-cold penetration
In helmet, I'm running Skitterbots, Herald of Ice, Zealotry and Dread Banner
Curse on hit-frostbite-frostbomb-increased area of effect
summon ice golem-increased duration-siphoning trap
rest just std immortal call and Vaal righteous fire

The biggest downside I've found of the build (any trap build really) is the trigger time delay of the traps. I thought traps triggered instantly when placed near mobs before I played the build. However, there is actually a delay before traps arm themselves. Just something to consider if you're considering trying it.

Last edited by KazukiHakkai on Jul 13, 2020, 2:17:21 AM
possible for an update for Heist league?
"
VolticSaurus wrote:
possible for an update for Heist league?

Nothing really changed for 3.12 . Build remains a strong starter that scales well into endgame.
since Assassin's mark is now single target, what other hex would be suitable to use?
"
jwoo2000 wrote:
since Assassin's mark is now single target, what other hex would be suitable to use?

Swap it for frostbite in blasphemy setup. Assasin's mark still might be better for single target since marks have no effectiveness penalty for bosses, but obviously it's only useful in those specific scenarios so might as well drop it altogether unless you can fit a free socket and be fine with handcasting it in boss scenarios.
Thanks for the reply, another quick question, is there a reason Precision is at level 1 in the PoB?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info