[3.11] Ice trap Saboteur - Freeze the Atlas

"
PowerForth wrote:
I saw Somayd was playing Ice trap this league with great results so far (top rank with it currently) and he is running many different supports than you are here: Inspiration, Cluster Traps, Charged Traps instead of: Cold Pen, Multi Traps and Cont D. It's still super early so maybe he will switch things around. Looks to be more utility over damage and larger mana cushion. He also went explosive expert over chain reaction and pathed completely differently (connected life wheel by going thru witch area). Curious if you had an opinions on these decisions. I have yet to start this league and was interested in going ice trap so I'm trying to narrow things down.

Multiple traps/cluster traps is purely a matter of preference.
I don't think charged traps make sense if the sustain of frenzy/power charges is good enough without it.
Inspiration is a choice to consider, reduced mana cost is certainly a benefit. But it should be said that the damage gained from this support is conditional, and also you can't use that in case of using EB.
Last edited by Grozaa on Jun 21, 2020, 4:40:04 PM
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
PowerForth wrote:
I saw Somayd was playing Ice trap this league with great results so far (top rank with it currently) and he is running many different supports than you are here: Inspiration, Cluster Traps, Charged Traps instead of: Cold Pen, Multi Traps and Cont D. It's still super early so maybe he will switch things around. Looks to be more utility over damage and larger mana cushion. He also went explosive expert over chain reaction and pathed completely differently (connected life wheel by going thru witch area). Curious if you had an opinions on these decisions. I have yet to start this league and was interested in going ice trap so I'm trying to narrow things down.

Multiple traps/cluster traps is purely a matter of preference.
I don't think charged traps make sense if the sustain of frenzy/power charges is good enough without it.
Inspiration is a choice to consider, reduced mana cost is certainly a benefit. But it should be said that the damage gained from this support is conditional, and also you can't use that in case of using EB.

I couldn't make my edit in time because the site was acting up for a bit with a bad gateway but I think I get the idea to his pathing because I'm pretty sure he is switching to LL later and I noticed you answered that you like CR more in an earlier post.
Hey, so I noticed that in PoB you're using gloves that have the "#% increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies" mod.

Are you using those simply for the resists and life? As far as I'm aware, spells don't "Hit" and therefore wouldn't make any use of that mod, correct?
"
Gallowz wrote:
Hey, so I noticed that in PoB you're using gloves that have the "#% increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies" mod.

Are you using those simply for the resists and life? As far as I'm aware, spells don't "Hit" and therefore wouldn't make any use of that mod, correct?

This is a temple mod and it does work. Ice trap is a spell and spells can hit. You might be confusing damage over time effect (for example righteous fire/ essence drain).
Hi,

I used this as my league starter for Harvest and I am very happy with it.
Had a great start and freezing bosses just feels awesome.

Thank you for this build.
Great start here, ty for build

:)
Thank you for the guide - the build is very fun in a not so fun league :) kudos
I killed Catarina for the first time today (on last portal) and got a Devouring Diadem as I'd hoped! It's nice not to have to worry about mana at all now. You do have to sacrifice arcane surge since you're not spending mana anymore, but oh well.

i've been following your guide and its really amazing!! I would like some help if possible tho, i don't really know which items i should replace ASAP right now and i feel i little bit squishy sometimes. Any advice on what i should work for? also mana is not a problem while clearing maps, but in some bosses iam strugling... i was thinking about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Slavedriver%27s_Hand or https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Devouring_Diadem (i got one of those from Catarina btw) but both of them would make me even squishyer =/ but if i had to choose i think i would go with the gloves...

Any tips would be appreciated.
Last edited by Emmerololth on Jul 2, 2020, 3:59:51 PM
"
Emmerololth wrote:
i've been following your guide and its really amazing!! I would like some help if possible tho, i don't really know which items i should replace ASAP right now and i feel i little bit squishy sometimes. Any advice on what i should work for? also mana is not a problem while clearing maps, but in some bosses iam strugling... i was thinking about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Slavedriver%27s_Hand or https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Devouring_Diadem (i got one of those from Catarina btw) but both of them would make me even squishyer =/ but if i had to choose i think i would go with the gloves...

Any tips would be appreciated.

If you want to have much easier time on bosses with mana then I recommend devouring diadem. Indeed that means you will lose a bit of life since this helmet has no life on it, and because of EB energy shield will no longer protect your life pool. However, when I was playing with that helmet, I still felt quite tanky. I don't think slavedriver's hands are a good idea - trap throwing speed penalty is significant, and blood magic is much riskier than EB.

Speaking of your current gear, right now you have about 6.2k HP - it's obviously not maximum for this build since I had 7.5k, but even at your current situation I wouldn't say that 6k+ life is bad - most trappers in fact run with like 4-5k life at most.

When it comes to obvious upgrades:
1. Your boots have no movement speed - MS is in fact an important defensive mechanic since usually moving away from trouble is the best way of staying alive
2. Your right coral ring could be better - simply you should be able to get a better one even without spending too much
3. Gloves are not great either - again more life and resists should be easy to acquire
4. Your amulet has no annointment - why lose a good notable for no reason?
5. Helmet could have an enchant if you can manage to get one - also try to pay attention to base types - your current helmet is armor-based, with phase acro getting armor is not efficient, evasion or energy shield bases should be better
6. Your shield has no life - I can understand that getting similar shield with offensive mods that you have and also good HP might be expensive, but keep in mind you are losing 100+ life on a shield(so basically 300HP)
7. Your flasks have no quality - your diamond and quicksilver flasks could last longer, health flask could heal more life, mana flask could recover more mana. Also, some mods are questionable - what for melee knockback on diamond flask?
8. In general, you can find some small but meaningful upgrades by taking care of the implicits - your coral ring has implicit range 20-30, you have 23; same for amulet; blessed orbs cost almost nothing

Of course, there are other factors that contribute to survivability - gameplay wise, you have possibility to play very safely if you want, throwing traps from distance etc. Anyways I hope that some of the hints can show you what can be improved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info