[3.11] Ice trap Saboteur - Freeze the Atlas

"
jwoo2000 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, another quick question, is there a reason Precision is at level 1 in the PoB?

It is intentional. Precision is used mostly for a bit of crit it provides and it only reserves 22 mana at gem level 1 so it's easy to slot in. Levels mostly scale accuracy which is useless for this build anyways. Having precision also enables a good crit multi watcher's eye(though it got nerfed from 50 multi to 30 I believe).
I got a diadem drop today and decided to switch into it, and I've noticed that I on longer proc arcane surge when I use Frost Bomb anymore.

Is there another source of arcane surge that I have to use or do I just have to sacrifice it and replace the support with something else?

Thanks again
"
jwoo2000 wrote:
I got a diadem drop today and decided to switch into it, and I've noticed that I on longer proc arcane surge when I use Frost Bomb anymore.

Is there another source of arcane surge that I have to use or do I just have to sacrifice it and replace the support with something else?

Thanks again

With devouring diadem all your skills spend ES instead of mana, so you can't proc arcane surge this way anymore. There is a way to get it with zealotry watcher's eye, but otherwise just skip arcane surge.
How does this build gonna be in the new league 3.13? Any updates for the build or it's pretty much the same? Thanks
"
tipicozzy wrote:
How does this build gonna be in the new league 3.13? Any updates for the build or it's pretty much the same? Thanks

The build remains mostly unchanged, and still strong. There is quite a bit of shuffling within ascendancy nodes in the upcoming patch, but for traps, stats are mostly just moved around, and chain reaction will become arguably even better. Explosives expert became completely useless as an alternative last ascendancy point, but it was never the main pick in the first place.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
tipicozzy wrote:

The build remains mostly unchanged, and still strong. There is quite a bit of shuffling within ascendancy nodes in the upcoming patch, but for traps, stats are mostly just moved around, and chain reaction will become arguably even better. Explosives expert became completely useless as an alternative last ascendancy point, but it was never the main pick in the first place.

I prefer Explosives expert and i do not pick Chain reaction

80% crit strike chance, 40% crit multi and 10% ele penetration is IMO better then 50% increased AOE and 50% cooldown recovery rate
"
Daqidius wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
tipicozzy wrote:

I prefer Explosives expert and i do not pick Chain reaction

80% crit strike chance, 40% crit multi and 10% ele penetration is IMO better then 50% increased AOE and 50% cooldown recovery rate

Just remember that these stats are conditional. Arguably, you will always chill enemies, but shocking relies on behaviour of skitterbots, and for igniting you would actually need to have some added fire damage to spells.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
jwoo2000 wrote:

Thanks again

With devouring diadem all your skills spend ES instead of mana, so you can't proc arcane surge this way anymore. There is a way to get it with zealotry watcher's eye, but otherwise just skip arcane surge.

I use cluster jewel to have Arcane surge (i am also using Diadem) , the second notable on this medium is for penetration.

As moving skill i am using Shield Charge , i just like Fortify
Do we have to self cast the frost bomb? And what about using a wand with trigger socket gems? And is it better to use Frostbite now instead of assassins mark since assassins mark can target only 1 enemy.
Last edited by Afura_33 on May 30, 2021, 2:27:47 PM
"
Afura_33 wrote:
Do we have to self cast the frost bomb? And what about using a wand with trigger socket gems? And is it better to use Frostbite now instead of assassins mark since assassins mark can target only 1 enemy.

Selfcasting frost bomb is not really that incoventient and it's a nice way to proc arcane surge if you're not using devouring diadem.
Trigger socketed gems could be utilized, but it is quite difficult to get that mod alongside others, since the default crafted one is 8s cooldown, which is quite bad, and the 4s tier is only possible with something like aisling slam.
Indeed since the changes to hexes/marks, assasin's mark is only good for single target, so something like frostbite is a good replacement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info