[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

"
LordDuckiie wrote:
"
pageslinger wrote:
I can say as well that with a few tweaks to the tree and a few gem link adjustments this build is actually just fine so far.

What tweeks have you done :)?

I've done zero tweaks and I'm doing just fine. Maybe a bit of a different cluster jewel and some rares. But I'm still running around with poets pen and tabula. I haven't run in to a single issue.
Hey,

problably a stupid question. But I can't really figure out why i can't use all three spellslingers. I got Sovereignty.
https://pastebin.com/4WvPkZ6D
Due to pob I should be fine but my spellslingers are 57, 30 and 24% reserved.

edit.. was using the old pob my bad
Last edited by Keruvil on Oct 10, 2020, 8:56:28 AM
I am having trouble with bosses any idea what I could upgrade?

here is my pob - https://pastebin.com/37sXE8tn
"
itsLumiis wrote:
You get inspiration charges from your Barrage in this case and the other inspiration connected to VD doesn't care where the charges came from.

Do you have to have inspiration in chest if you have inspiration charges from barrage or frenzy or w/e ? And are you SURE? :) Thanks.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
itsLumiis wrote:
You get inspiration charges from your Barrage in this case and the other inspiration connected to VD doesn't care where the charges came from.

Do you have to have inspiration in chest if you have inspiration charges from barrage or frenzy or w/e ? And are you SURE? :) Thanks.

You must have inspiration in chest to get the damage boost. You have to have inspiration in the barrage setup to be able to get the charges. Hope this helps!
played this build during endless delve and it was very fun!
thank for the build guide
I am about time and money like a Swiss.
Hi
Why do you need flat fire (local) to the wand ?
If you have cold or light, we can use EE, no ?

Thks
Thierry
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Hi. can't get all 3 spellslings after getting the node.
Can someone help me please ?

He is my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/4J7jsYiB

Spoiler
Last edited by Bobylapointee on Dec 25, 2020, 8:38:06 AM
"
Bobylapointee wrote:
Hi. can't get all 3 spellslings after getting the node.
Can someone help me please ?

He is my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/4J7jsYiB

Spoiler

you need to get the Charisma node too to reduce the reserved mana even more.
I am about time and money like a Swiss.
Just got to 80 with this build, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Boss damage isn't great, but clearing is excellent. Huge swarms of fireballs going everywhere is very satisfying. Survivability is also great, I can face-tank most stuff (though I'm still only doing non-juiced T16 maps so that could change once I get higher level). A few notes for anyone considering the build:

- Getting the third spellslinger for detonate dead was way more impactful than I expected. I refunded the whole Heart of Flame branch (~50+% fire damage and resistance pen) to get Charisma (which is needed to get the third spellslinger) and I still felt like my damage went up considerably. Make sure to get Sovereignty and Charisma asap.

- Getting #% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life on my neck was a huge survivability boost. Before I got it, I felt like I was relying entirely on health potions for recovery, but now the leech is enough to face-tank through even medium levels of damage without worry. Some source of fire/spell life leech is highly recommended.

- I don't know why the build calls for Glancing Blows. If I de-select it in PoB, the calculated EHP nearly doubles. Seems like a straight downgrade, especially since even without it this build can get 75/60 attack/spell block relatively easily (including Rumi's flask). I grabbed some extra block on gear/jewels where it was convenient, and I'm already capped for attack block (without glancing blows) on <100c worth of gear.

- Meeting the dex requirement was a lot easier than I expected (given the warnings in the guide). There's basically no required uniques with this build, so it was actually very easy to get 1 or 2 items with a decent dex roll. All in all any build with this many rare slots is going to be pretty easy to gear.

I'm definitely going to keep levelling this build, it's super satisfying to play, and surprisingly competent. I'd love to find some way to tweak it to lean even more into block/armor, like possibly getting a "Recover 5% of Life on Block" shield for even more sustain. Also maybe I can find some way to get Fortify without shield charge (possibly work it into Frenzy) because getting caught on objects when trying to charge sucks. I have a feeling that with more investment/time, this build could be surprisingly tanky.

EDIT: After writing this, I did a "medium juiced" T16. An Atoll with 4 simple sextants of extra packs, harbinger/breach/metamorph scarabs, Beyond zana map mod, and Einhar mission. I only died twice, once to shield charge getting me caught on terrain (doh!) and once to the boss getting a lucky one-shot as I walked in before I had my buffs up. This build is already much better than I even thought. I didn't die once to the metamorph boss, or any of the beyond bosses. I've only played a few builds that could do semi-juiced T16s before 85 on such cheap gear before. It's impressively good.
Last edited by Phate4219 on Dec 28, 2020, 8:01:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info