[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

So I may have answered my own question I am used to holding down my right click as I usually play a cyclone build, now I am trying to click twice fast to get the corpse down and then detonate. I tried this after reading one of your other posts on the timing and placement of the spells. Please let me know if this is correct.
I feel I'm missing something with the mana reservation cost of spellslinger.

I just hit 24 and got spellslinger.
DD+Spellslinger(no inspiration yet) is a 26% reserve.
Desecrate+Cascade+Spellslinger is a 37% reserve.
VD+Spellslinger+Cascade+Conc effect(no hypothermia or inspiration yet) is a 50% reserve.
I have the Sovereignty cluster. Even if I grabbed the Charisma and Influence clusters, PoB is telling me I'd still have 105% mana reserved. Throw in the 3rd link for DD and 5th+6th for VD and I'm at 124% mana reserved.

What's the deal?

Edit-
Okay, I think I figured it out. I didn't realize Spellslinger's mana reservation seemingly goes down with level. Maybe I'm just blind, but I didn't see that mentioned anywhere on the gem. Setting all 3 spellslingers to level 20, I'm still at 103% mana reserved though, even with CHarisma+Influence.
IGN: Vortexbern
Last edited by Einzbern on Jan 18, 2021, 11:30:46 PM
"
Einzbern wrote:
Okay, I think I figured it out. I didn't realize Spellslinger's mana reservation seemingly goes down with level. Maybe I'm just blind, but I didn't see that mentioned anywhere on the gem. Setting all 3 spellslingers to level 20, I'm still at 103% mana reserved though, even with CHarisma+Influence.

Spellslinger does indeed go down from 30% to 25% mana reserved per active spell linked to it and apparently hits the 25% at level 17. It's not explained on the gem, but only on the wiki. However... Influence? You shouldn't need to go for that small node at all, Sovereignty and Charisma are enough.

I have been following this build, have my skill gems at level 19 mostly, and I'm at 97% mana reserved as the PoB shows as well.

Spellslinger + Desecrate + Spell Cascade = 26%
Spellslinger + VD + Cascade + Conc Effect + Inspiration + Hypothermia = 50%
Spellslinger + DD + Inspiration = 21%

Most likely explanation is that you have a fourth gem linked to Desecrate, as it's reservation is way, way above what it should be as a 3-link.
Okay, I found out the issue heh. I still had my clarity equipped from pre spellsligner, and pob was turning that on.
Hi, will Gloves with the Mod "52 to 78 added Fire Damage against Burning Enemies" work for this build?

I don't know if you know, but there is a sequence that spellslinger works.

That's the sequence: Main hand ⇒ Amulet ⇒ Helm ⇒ Off hand ⇒ Body armour ⇒ Gloves ⇒ Boots
Would there be any useful 4th links for the Spellslinger/Desecrate/Cascade link? I can't think of any. I'm currently leveling with a poet's pen to make my 3rd 'spellslinger' useable, and that's where I have my desecrate+cascade.
Im probably missing something here. But it looks like spell damage does not scale with the damage of VD or DD? So in that case, why are we wanting increased spell damage on a few gear pieces and as secondary stat even? Isn't that stat only gonna affect the trigger activators and flame dash?
"
Einzbern wrote:
Would there be any useful 4th links for the Spellslinger/Desecrate/Cascade link? I can't think of any. I'm currently leveling with a poet's pen to make my 3rd 'spellslinger' useable, and that's where I have my desecrate+cascade.

You don't have enough mana to add a 4th link there, you would be reserving more than 100%. And even if you did have the mana to spare, adding a 4th link to DD would be preferable.

"
slypez wrote:
Im probably missing something here. But it looks like spell damage does not scale with the damage of VD or DD? So in that case, why are we wanting increased spell damage on a few gear pieces and as secondary stat even? Isn't that stat only gonna affect the trigger activators and flame dash?

Spell damage does increase damage of VD and DD.
"
slypez wrote:
Im probably missing something here. But it looks like spell damage does not scale with the damage of VD or DD?

Spell damage does affect the spell portion of VD/DD but not the corpse explosion damage part. The corpse explosion part scales with fire damage but not with spell damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info