[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

so I'm trying to decide if we can get this build to endgame with this kind of setup.. Dps is acqually pretty low, I have same dps as Ziz and the calculation is about 500k dps not more....
To calculate dps you should add Average hit from VD Spell + Corpse Explosion, multiply by 6 balls (only 6 balls can hit a single target) and multiply by Spellslinger CD (usually 2.3)
So I'm kind of confused, I have inspiration support on my barrage skill but it isn't giving me charges. I can put it on flame dash or something and it works fine, but linking it to barrage doesn't give me a charge. It highlights like it is linked too. Am I doing something wrong?
Struggling with T14-T15 bosses and 4 watch stones conquerors. How do I increase single target dps?
in theory the best way to improve damage would be a trigger wand, so that you can remove one of the spellslinger and you can fit herald of ash...
Still struggling to estimate the dps capability of the build, i dont think it can go higher than 1mil
"
so I'm trying to decide if we can get this build to endgame with this kind of setup.. Dps is actually pretty low

Been playing around with it and tried various combination, and i also found it lacking on the single target damage. Don't know if it's because metamorph is still too fresh in my mind where i had some pretty nut boss melting capacity, or if it's how it is :/

Map clear is awesome though, and it is extremely tanky.
I'm currently working on A6, conqueror weren't an issue, Sirus A5 was okay i guess, minus some lag issue (Internet issues on my side, not game related for once) that made it way harder than it should in the last phase, but the lack of dps made it painful to deal with all the blinking around.

Here's how i wen about it :
https://pastebin.com/XBQSmM7e

Attack setup : Currently experimenting with power siphon/barrage support
- Got an ele weakness ring, giving me more room on the attack links. Went for life on hit.
- Note that power siphon require way more attack speed to feel smooth and not being locked in place for ages. Barrage linked to culling strike was performing better in that regard.

Sustain :
- Doryani timeless jewel for More EHP + Soul tether for overleech. Annointed Light Eater for ES leech, cluster jewel for Lie leech (ele damage)
- Rumi + Block / hp on block small jewel. This paired with bone offering is giving me 75/53 block
- life on hit in attack setup is helping as well.
- Unique kitava cluster jewel
- Stone golem.

Other :
- Maintaining Tempest Shield & Offering through a trigger on focus helmet craft (also recasting golem)
- 20% cd recovery helmet enchant allows for 2.75 spellslinger activation / sec. (Boots would push it to 3.03)
- Also, i hate shield charge, don't ask why. So not using it. Fortify didn't feel necessary though tbh.

-----------
I did some other combination of gear / passives. Mainly using a Flow Untethered (Harbinger belt) for cooldown and attack speed. That felt nice, and gave me slinger cd while i didn't have the helmet. but soul tether is giving a lot of defensive capability, especially paired with the jewel.
Global cooldwon recovery also gave more flexibility on the focus / decoy totem cooldown. (Was able to kinda cheese any Delirium boss keeping them perma taunted with totem)

Tried to use an intuitive leap above the witch starter to take Second golem, Mystic Bulwark, Prodigal Perfection. The additional mana helped, since in the current setup, i can have some trouble having enough mana to continually dash around.

Had to realistically toggle off arcane surge from PoB, since i'm not maintaining it. Using a lower level dash / arcane surge is probably advised.

Potential updates :
-More lvl (duh), can get either;
arcane surge from Arcane capacitor
an additional jewel( Up from the witch start)

-Beter timeless jewel placement (Left from witch start maybe ?) if you can get it not to screw over half your passives.

-Cooldown boots (would push slinger proc to 3.03/sec). higher proc rate require eternal enchant and most likely belt (20% cd)

-Additional curse chest, flammability ?

- Better cluster. I don't think Cremator is that great. I don't know yet if Sadist (inc damage if shocked / ignited / chilled recently) works with Corpse pact (Basically, does corpse pact count as YOU chilled / shock).

- Probably the most expensive, but most noticeable damage upgrade : Readjusting gear with a circle of anguish and more mana reservation reduction (Helm enchant most likely), to allow to slot in Herald of Ash. with +effect on the ring, and the Herald unique cluster, HoA could go up to +120% buff effect for an additional huge 'more' multiplier.

TL;DR : A lot of tweaking / experimenting, attempt to min max, for not a lot of oomph... but this is fun.
Also, RIP frame rate with that many VD balls around ><
Last edited by WdArakis on Mar 22, 2020, 8:57:19 AM
What stats are we looking for on the shield and wand specifically? Also is hypothermia better than concentrated effect? I'm kind of confused on the Hypothermia choice as it is. Is it because enemies are chilled near corpses that you chose it?
"
Brodrick2527 wrote:
Going to give this build a try. Thanks for putting it together. Any input on what nodes to shoot for first during leveling, as well as particularly useful leveling items?

At some point in my video I explain the leveling path (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEZQsgAcsuc) but shorthand version is head up to lord of dead, go to elemental overload, then go through Retribution through holy dominion, though Devotion to Spiritual Aid. Grab life node wheels as you pass them. Then go down to Constitution and lower life nodes, and grab jewels nodes when you pick up/buy a good one!
"
filthdog wrote:
why are you using inspiration since you arent spending mana it doesn't seem to give charges

In case you didn't see itsLumiis's response, we linked inspiration to barrage as well as VD. So when we cast barrage we get an inspiration charge that applies to our VD!
"
Cryogenocide wrote:
So I'm kind of confused, I have inspiration support on my barrage skill but it isn't giving me charges. I can put it on flame dash or something and it works fine, but linking it to barrage doesn't give me a charge. It highlights like it is linked too. Am I doing something wrong?

Linking inspiration to barrage, then casting should give you 1 inspiration charge (and cap at 5). When you link inspiration to VD, the inspiration you generate from barrage will also apply to the VD.
"
Mosvicious wrote:
What stats are we looking for on the shield and wand specifically? Also is hypothermia better than concentrated effect? I'm kind of confused on the Hypothermia choice as it is. Is it because enemies are chilled near corpses that you chose it?

Look under the gear->Explanation tab on the build guide. Shows what to look for in all gear. And we use Hypothermia Support because we always chill (and shock) when casting from our Ascendancy. Hypothermia Support adds as much damage as Concentrated Effect does without the -AOE side effect. You can always choose to change it out if is how the links work out for you, and everything here is for reference!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info