[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
ynsae wrote:
Just switched over to the actual build and GODDAMN is this fun! One question, I've never had enough mana for Discipline. How are you guys getting it with 2 spellslingers?

That's what all the reduced mana reservation nodes in the tree are for. You should be grabbing key nodes to make the build function like those before damage nodes like the Divine Judgement cluster.
How do you manage de chaos damage?
"
"
ynsae wrote:
Just switched over to the actual build and GODDAMN is this fun! One question, I've never had enough mana for Discipline. How are you guys getting it with 2 spellslingers?

That's what all the reduced mana reservation nodes in the tree are for. You should be grabbing key nodes to make the build function like those before damage nodes like the Divine Judgement cluster.

I have all of those. I just broke 2K Mana and was able to with everything but 77 mana not re severed and haven't had any issues.

Currently rolling through the Atlas, only at T7 right now but bosses, guardians are going down in 3-5 seconds unless they have an invulnerable phase.

I'm 3 levels away from completing the CI build in the OP. How much currency does one need to jump the LL build for the more expensive CI build? Not having to worry about Chaos dmg is too good to pass up IMO.
Reserved
I want to try this build for the December minileagues but I've never leveled spellslinger and I have some doubts about leveling.

- I see you take shield nodes very early in act 2. It is better to use wand and shield for spellslinger than dual wielding? It is the attack damage from both wands not added to spellslinger?

- While leveling with spellslinger which recipe is better, the flat lightning damage added to spells (alt, topaz ring) or the increased physical damage one (rustic sash, blacksmith) as you get better wand bases with more base damage?

- Using frenzy as the attack skill do we cast the lightning spells at maximum internal spellslinger cooldown (0.6?) with a shield? I see some older guides using barrage or faster attacks.

Thanks.

Last edited by haitike on Nov 30, 2020, 4:40:37 PM
I guess this is a good build for the Endless league. Maybe some stuff needs to be tweaked since there are not a lot of options in gear.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Dec 1, 2020, 9:23:59 AM
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
I guess this is a good build for the Endless league. Maybe some stuff needs to be tweaked since there are not a lot of options in gear.

Yeah, the Spellslinger variation probably won't be good for Endless since it really relies heavily on Rime Gaze and the trigger craft for EE to work (can't leave the mine encampment = no crafts). Also, because of how cramped delve is- it isn't necessary to spread the AOE everywhere on the map. I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't recommend this build for Endless; however, it will absolutely dominate in Mayhem and/or the 3-week flashback.

I'll be putting out a temporary section for the Mayhem coming up tomorrow.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
haitike wrote:
I want to try this build for the December minileagues but I've never leveled spellslinger and I have some doubts about leveling.

- I see you take shield nodes very early in act 2. It is better to use wand and shield for spellslinger than dual wielding? It is the attack damage from both wands not added to spellslinger?

- While leveling with spellslinger which recipe is better, the flat lightning damage added to spells (alt, topaz ring) or the increased physical damage one (rustic sash, blacksmith) as you get better wand bases with more base damage?

- Using frenzy as the attack skill do we cast the lightning spells at maximum internal spellslinger cooldown (0.6?) with a shield? I see some older guides using barrage or faster attacks.

Thanks.

When dual wielding wands for Spellslinger, it requires you to have 2 good/comparable wands to be worth it. I figure at league start, people are very unlikely to come across 2 good damage wands, so I stuck with the wand + shield.

Flat lightning damage added to spells is significantly better than the increased physical damage one.

Yes, your attack rate using Frenzy and a ~1.3 aps wand is pretty much dead on the internal Spellslinger cooldown. Using barrage/faster attacks while leveling is very unnecessary since most things die in 1 shot, and it's better to have 12% more damage from the 3 Frenzy charges.

As a side note, since a lot of people had success leveling this build up with the actual build gem setups, I'm actually going to be removing the lightning slinger -> cold slinger swap over.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Man this build rocks!
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Dec 5, 2020, 11:55:32 AM
i just tried.. got 10kES but with no evade/armor phys mitigation it's dying all the time. glass cannon. I don't see how you can level with that :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info