[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
Clydehart wrote:

If you're looking for clearspeed only, then the basic/budget CI version would be more than enough. You'd need to swap to your BL miner on T16 or guardians if you want to efficiently kill them (elsewise it'll take a minute to kill Mino).

Your gear looks good and should be more than enough to get you into t16s, but it won't feel great doing t16 bosses. Without breaking the bank, the only upgrade you can get is +2 Rime Gaze.

I never played a "moderate budget" CI version. But I think if you're willing to shell out ~140c on a 5L 10% Saqawal's and ~100c for a crappy 15% shield, you could do that instead of going LL.

Yeah - I’ll check it out. I don’t have much to spend on currency right now. Just need to start clearing my top end atlas maps now.
Why is there little to no chaos resistance on the end game LL build?
Can you update a bit on the tree for level 90+ of LL build?
i'm a bit confused about the builds now.

is LL just worse compared to endgame CI?

and should the normal transition always be:

budget league starter CI > moderately expensive LL > super dupa expensive CI ?

so the first real investment from budget leagestarter CI should be a 5 link shavronne's wrappings at about 100 chaos + a prism guardian archon kite shield (super cheap) and you get a HUGE boost.

am i getting all of this correctly?

also vitality in the LL pob is at level 20, but the strength is no where near to support a level 20 vitality, so i guess use an as high vitality as possible after the transition (~level 9 vitality), or is there something i am missing with vitality in the build?

and please change the leaguestarter POB according to this:

"Prioritize high ES + resistances rare -> Beast Fur Shawl -> Incandescent Heart."
the POB shows incandescent heart saintly chainmail as the selected choice (assumed best), but as you said high es + res rare and beast for shawl are better, then either of those should be the selected one in the POB league starter version, right?

"
aka2411 wrote:
"
Clydehart wrote:

On a different note, for you aka2411- you should grab a +2 corrupted Rime Gaze. That should increase your Creeping Frost DPS by ~20-30%. Once you do that, you're pretty much capped with the budget version of the CI build. At this point, you'll need to start looking for the LL or CI transition. The LL transition should cost ~170c (5L Shavs is ~100C, Prism Guardian is 15c, and self-control jewel is ~35c) + ~40 regrets.

is the POE for "moderate" LL up to date? I think the large cluster jewels should be more updated right

The large cluster jewel used in the LL variant is not best in slot, it's just an 8 passive with 2 notables. If you can afford an 8-passive large cluster with 3 notables, then definitely go for it!

"
buckr49 wrote:
Why is there little to no chaos resistance on the end game LL build?

The items in the POB don't have chaos resistance on them, nor is the gear perfect. If I need chaos resistance for Sirus, I just swap out my amulet for a Chayula's. You can also drop Profane Bloom and grab Withering Presence for 60% chaos resistance. Take the example gear with a grain of salt, they're not meant to be exactly matched but to give you an idea of what to shoot for. What is required is a Shavronne's, prism guardian, self-control medium jewel, and 2 % reduced mana jewels to make all the reservation work. I'm still working on updating the guide with the LL variation and endgame CI variation that will detail all of the required items versus what is nice to have.

"
aka2411 wrote:
Can you update a bit on the tree for level 90+ of LL build?

Absolutely, I'll update the passive trees to target both level 85 and level 95!

"
cataria wrote:
i'm a bit confused about the builds now.

is LL just worse compared to endgame CI?

and should the normal transition always be:

budget league starter CI > moderately expensive LL > super dupa expensive CI ?

so the first real investment from budget leagestarter CI should be a 5 link shavronne's wrappings at about 100 chaos + a prism guardian archon kite shield (super cheap) and you get a HUGE boost.

am i getting all of this correctly?

also vitality in the LL pob is at level 20, but the strength is no where near to support a level 20 vitality, so i guess use an as high vitality as possible after the transition (~level 9 vitality), or is there something i am missing with vitality in the build?

and please change the leaguestarter POB according to this:

"Prioritize high ES + resistances rare -> Beast Fur Shawl -> Incandescent Heart."
the POB shows incandescent heart saintly chainmail as the selected choice (assumed best), but as you said high es + res rare and beast for shawl are better, then either of those should be the selected one in the POB league starter version, right?

Each variation has their own place. LL is worse in terms of survivability (just by nature of CI inherently having 100% chaos resistance) but not worse in terms of damage (because LL has Pain Attunement). Once you get over ~1m shaper dps on DoT, the only thing you don't instantly kill are bosses.

Yep, Budget CI -> LL -> endgame CI is how you'd progress if you league started this build and didn't decide to go with a different build.

That is correct, you'll also need to grab a medium jewel with Self-Control. You can reserve your Spellslingers, Discipline, Hatred, Malevolence, Zealotry, and Vitality once you have Shav's, Prism Guardian, Self-Control med jewel, and 2 x 1% reduced reservation jewels.

Vitality was updated this league and requires 25% reduced strength, which means level 20 Vitality only requires 119 strength. You should be able to manage this and you can grab a +30 strength node to alleviate some of the str requirement. A level 20 vitality also provides ~250 ES/s regen and when coupled with ~40-50% increased aura effect (about what you get with the tree + medium jewel)- you get somewhere in the region of 350-400 ES/s.

That is correct, a good rare is the best for budget/league starter- I'll update the POB and change the verbiage to make it clearer on the guide itself!
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Clydehart wrote:

Yep, Budget CI -> LL -> endgame CI is how you'd progress if you league started this build and didn't decide to go with a different build.

Could you give us a rough indication of how to tell that we're ready to progress to LL (or perhaps, for me specifically)?

I am comfortably beating T11 maps and have just dinged level 87, with 6.7k ES.

Given that Shavronne's can be quite expensive, I'd like to know what stats I should be aiming for before considering switching to LL. Is there a certain amount of ES? DPS?
"
jnskeh wrote:
"
Clydehart wrote:

Could you give us a rough indication of how to tell that we're ready to progress to LL (or perhaps, for me specifically)?

Given that Shavronne's can be quite expensive, I'd like to know what stats I should be aiming for before considering switching to LL. Is there a certain amount of ES? DPS?

based on my experience, you can just ride CI until T16, but sirius and bossing will be hard because low dps.

dont be afraid to use 5l shav, it is still TONS of DPS better than CI build.

I farm a bit and switched around that time, 5l shav + gems + shield is pretty cheap so looking at around 3-4ex max.

currently rocking LL at sirius 6, one shotting mobs at T16s + doing boss easily for LL :)

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I didn't want to read every post. :\ So, I'm in A9 and have been using the Vanilla pastebin for the skill tree. Trouble is, none of the other pastebin links work. I'm using the latest version of POB (1.4.170) and the links are reported as valid, but I keep getting the same error whenever I try to import any of the other pastebins - "The build you are trying to load uses an unrecognized version of the passive skill tree".
"
Kohelani wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I didn't want to read every post. :\ So, I'm in A9 and have been using the Vanilla pastebin for the skill tree. Trouble is, none of the other pastebin links work. I'm using the latest version of POB (1.4.170) and the links are reported as valid, but I keep getting the same error whenever I try to import any of the other pastebins - "The build you are trying to load uses an unrecognized version of the passive skill tree".

you should try to use the pob fork version
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases
"
aka2411 wrote:
"
jnskeh wrote:
"
Clydehart wrote:

based on my experience, you can just ride CI until T16, but sirius and bossing will be hard because low dps.

dont be afraid to use 5l shav, it is still TONS of DPS better than CI build.

I farm a bit and switched around that time, 5l shav + gems + shield is pretty cheap so looking at around 3-4ex max.

currently rocking LL at sirius 6, one shotting mobs at T16s + doing boss easily for LL :)

Awesome. Thanks for that. I have preeetyyy much the same gear as you, minus the LL stuff. I think I'll go for the +1 to cold gem amulet next before looking at switching to LL.

How much ES should I be looking at to consider LL? Sitting at just below 7k now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info