[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Thanks for the build , i love it :p

End game PoB 3.12 are not working i think.

Did anyone consistently farming T16 + do sirius on the CI version?
I dying a lot and not doing enough I feel.
Still saving up for the transition but still while a long road to go so idk how to improve.
Lots of reports of bad boss dps.
Is the build ok?
Maybe it requires some tweaking for boss clear?
Any change the author could update a bit?

Maybe the spellslinger nerf hurt this build too much.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Sep 27, 2020, 10:12:51 AM
How do we get cooldown reduction to be able to have vortex cast more?
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Is the build ok?

it is actually not that bad, clearing is perfectly fine and bossing is like 8/10. im only struggling a bit on very high end bosses like sirius and T16s
"
Vervaiin wrote:
On the cinderswallow urn, does the "15% of damage taken from hits is leeched as life during flask effect" unveil modifier convert to our ES via zealots oath?
Also any specific recommended unveil mod on the flask or is it just personal preference. :3

Unfortunately that mod doesn't help us at all :(. I personally prefer the increased movement speed during flask effect.

"
Mellers127 wrote:
Quick question, with the Saqawal Nest body armor shall we craft the Avian Aspect somewhere?

The Aspect of Avian isn't useful for this build. Double damage does not apply for DoT. Saqawal's provides a decent amount of ES, a ton of +all, % lighting res, and most importantly- 10% reduced reservation. With the hit the Spellslinger reservation- the endgame version of CI needs this chest or further investment in reservation jewels.

"
Dawnuri wrote:
Thanks for the build , i love it :p

End game PoB 3.12 are not working i think.

The POB works, but you have to have the fork POB, you cannot have the vanilla pOB. Today I'll be finishing up the LL and endgame CI forum post, so people won't need POB to view it.

"
rymanimal wrote:
How do we get cooldown reduction to be able to have vortex cast more?

You shouldn't need any cooldown reduction on Vortex. The amount of Vortices you cast are almost infinite (depending on how many Frostbolts you can put out). One cast of Vortex will apply to all Frostbolts that are on the map.

"
aka2411 wrote:
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Is the build ok?

it is actually not that bad, clearing is perfectly fine and bossing is like 8/10. im only struggling a bit on very high end bosses like sirius and T16s

The boss damage is definitely not bad on budget CI, but it isn't amazing. The league starter/budget version requires almost no investment to do ~800k shaper dps.

The biggest tweak you can do is transition to LL until you can afford endgame CI gear. Just going from the budget version of the build (~800k dps) to LL, is almost a 300% dps boost with equivalent gear (~2.4-3m+). Mega budget CI (less than 70c investment) will not take you to Sirus comfortably, but it can do it.

On a different note, for you aka2411- you should grab a +2 corrupted Rime Gaze. That should increase your Creeping Frost DPS by ~20-30%. Once you do that, you're pretty much capped with the budget version of the CI build. At this point, you'll need to start looking for the LL or CI transition. The LL transition should cost ~170c (5L Shavs is ~100C, Prism Guardian is 15c, and self-control jewel is ~35c) + ~40 regrets.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Think I’m gonna flip over to this for better clear speed. I have a basic vortex build going on now and a BL miner for heavy bosses. Mind peeking at my gear? I would just need to respec and get the right gem setups for spellslinger. Should I stick with CI or go ahead and get a 5l shavs? Already have a presence of chayula.

"
crzytimes wrote:
Think I’m gonna flip over to this for better clear speed. I have a basic vortex build going on now and a BL miner for heavy bosses. Mind peeking at my gear? I would just need to respec and get the right gem setups for spellslinger. Should I stick with CI or go ahead and get a 5l shavs? Already have a presence of chayula.

If you're looking for clearspeed only, then the basic/budget CI version would be more than enough. You'd need to swap to your BL miner on T16 or guardians if you want to efficiently kill them (elsewise it'll take a minute to kill Mino).

Your gear looks good and should be more than enough to get you into t16s, but it won't feel great doing t16 bosses. Without breaking the bank, the only upgrade you can get is +2 Rime Gaze.

I never played a "moderate budget" CI version. But I think if you're willing to shell out ~140c on a 5L 10% Saqawal's and ~100c for a crappy 15% shield, you could do that instead of going LL.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Clydehart wrote:

On a different note, for you aka2411- you should grab a +2 corrupted Rime Gaze. That should increase your Creeping Frost DPS by ~20-30%. Once you do that, you're pretty much capped with the budget version of the CI build. At this point, you'll need to start looking for the LL or CI transition. The LL transition should cost ~170c (5L Shavs is ~100C, Prism Guardian is 15c, and self-control jewel is ~35c) + ~40 regrets.

is the POE for "moderate" LL up to date? I think the large cluster jewels should be more updated right
"
Clydehart wrote:

The boss damage is definitely not bad on budget CI, but it isn't amazing. The league starter/budget version requires almost no investment to do ~800k shaper dps.

The biggest tweak you can do is transition to LL until you can afford endgame CI gear. Just going from the budget version of the build (~800k dps) to LL, is almost a 300% dps boost with equivalent gear (~2.4-3m+). Mega budget CI (less than 70c investment) will not take you to Sirus comfortably, but it can do it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!
That is very good to know.
Really loving the build. But was kind of afraid of not performing very well.
Is nice to have endgame progress too!
Otherwise it gets too boring :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info