[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
rawesomericky wrote:
"
Sarjin wrote:
"
rawesomericky wrote:
Hey, returning player for this league and loving the build. Any suggestions on what changes you would make to the passives or skills for focusing mostly on mapping? especially which weapon type trigger or non trigger and what gems in it.

Thanks a ton

If you want to have some convenience, having a trigger wand makes for a somewhat more lazy experience than manually casting spells. Aside from that there's some swaps you could make (using chain for example). However the regular build already easily fully clears T16 maps before delirium runs out (assuming decent layouts) so I've not found any need to modify for mapping. (And that was before I roughly tripled my DPS in the past week)

Could you post an example of a wand for the trigger on cast build that could handle end game and which stats are mandatory or important so I know what to look for?

This is my wand which I've had forever.. I would like to have crit multi and cast speed on it and higher crit but they aren't on the market or are insanely priced.

This will do just fine.. Currently sitting at around 16 mil dps per brand if I go for max damage with my SB gems (no awakened gems at all).
"
Valant wrote:
Any tips for Chimera ? Dieing to smoke phase

Use Arcane Cloak and then just jump in the cloud and you should be fine.
Absolutely having a blast with this build. My PoB is below, I would love some feedback.

https://pastebin.com/2FTYmpTD

I wondered if there's an obvious priority of the real big boys I really want to get my hands on;

- Unnatural Instinct ( ~ 23ex atm, saves me five skill points, and opens up a way to get more charges)
- Watcher's eye (only Clarity ~30 ex atm)
- Bottled Faith (20ex)

I've been both lucky and efficient but been farming around 10ex the two past days, so I'm aiming for all as a league goal. I'm mostly farming T14+ maps, dont really care about dying now and then, as I've also gone Ailment Immunity by dropping Sanctuary of Thought (without the Watcher's eye, yolo)

Also thinking about manually casting Arcane Cloak with a phat Arcane Surge, anyone have some experience with this?

Last edited by Saaledes on May 3, 2020, 2:05:25 PM
"
Saaledes wrote:
Absolutely having a blast with this build. My PoB is below, I would love some feedback.

https://pastebin.com/2FTYmpTD

I wondered if there's an obvious priority of the real big boys I really want to get my hands on;

- Unnatural Instinct ( ~ 23ex atm, saves me five skill points, and opens up a way to get more charges)
- Watcher's eye (only Clarity ~30 ex atm)
- Bottled Faith (20ex)

I've been both lucky and efficient but been farming around 10ex the two past days, so I'm aiming for all as a league goal. I'm mostly farming T14+ maps, dont really care about dying now and then, as I've also gone Ailment Immunity by dropping Sanctuary of Thought (without the Watcher's eye, yolo)

Also thinking about manually casting Arcane Cloak with a phat Arcane Surge, anyone have some experience with this?

I personally have the Watcher's Eye while now grinding for the other 2. Based on other comments in the thread, the Bottled Faith offers the greater DPS upgrade. (Depending on your build, Unnatural Instincs might 'free up' a number of points around the Pain Attunement node, which could be useful if you want to mess around with Cluster Jewels a bit more.)

Generally speaking, the Watcher's Eye is considered the biggest DPS upgrade, since this is usually the moment people swap Sanctuary of Thought for Arcane Blessing, which tend to roughly double DPS by itself. That said if you are comfortable with your current ES level, the Watcher's Eye of course won't be much of a DPS upgrade by itself (a DPS loss, if anything, compared to a Fevered Mind) and merely upgrade your survivability. (My 18% Watcher's Eye adds 2815 ES)

So breaking it down for your situation:
* Watcher's Eye: Massive survivability upgrade
* Bottled Faith: Biggest DPS upgrade
* Unnatural Instinct: Significant DPS upgrade (Frenzy charges), potentially free up points.

I personally based on advise in this thread switched from a CWDT Arcane Cloak to an Arcane Cloak/Increased Duration/ Arcane Surge self-casted version (In Gloves for the +1 level). Still getting used to it though, so I don't feel qualified to comment yet.
Today I actually linked a 20/23 arcane surge to my arcane cloak as well.. Big increase in damage as it should overwrite the lvl 1 AS you get from ascendancy.

This character has been my furthest progression on poe ever. Thanks for the great guide!
At what point should i drop sanctuary of thought? Can you take a quick look at my stuff and advice me what to focus next?

https://pastebin.com/WNa4VGzM
"
Seksiy wrote:
This character has been my furthest progression on poe ever. Thanks for the great guide!
At what point should i drop sanctuary of thought? Can you take a quick look at my stuff and advice me what to focus next?

https://pastebin.com/WNa4VGzM

Some cheap improvements:
- Replace the Quartz Flask with a Diamond Flask (According to PoB, taking my Diamond flask out would cost me 20% of DPS).
- The phasing you get from the Quartz flask, you should get from your Abyss Jewel instead. Your current Abyss Jewel doesn't add much since you already get Onslaught from the Cinderswallow Urn.
- The Orb of Storms setup in your Skyforth is pointless; Skyforth already gives you Power Charges. Several ways to use the freed up slots. For example using a self casted and further boosted Arcane Cloak, or do a setup with Brand Recall + Empower + Second Wind + Vaal Righteous Fire for example.
- At first glance your weapon isn't the greatest, so look for a budget concious option to upgrade.

Assuming you don't have a Watcher's Eye yet, that's your next big upgrade. Most people drop Sanctuary of Thought when you have the Watcher's Eye to offset the loss of Energy Shield from switching to Arcane Blessing. (And some approach it in a bit more of a YOLO fashion)
Last edited by Sarjin on May 3, 2020, 4:14:00 PM
This flask, it was mentioned by someone else before is a great QOL for people who have very high mana cost per brands.

I actually ditched atziri for my regular mana+anti bleed mana flask together with that one.

Start of map, just pop that flask, put up your brands, run.. if you happen to loose brands in the middle of fights, just pop that flask. For some reason I lose brands during sirus fights, no problem anymore.

No gem switching at start no panic because you are losing brands.

My dps is way high enough to worry about losing atziri over that. It's just great, great QOL.
Last edited by Zweetsok on May 4, 2020, 4:06:10 AM
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Today I actually linked a 20/23 arcane surge to my arcane cloak as well.. Big increase in damage as it should overwrite the lvl 1 AS you get from ascendancy.

My experience is that it doesn't. It looks like the level 1 overwrites the higher level arcane surge when linked to arcane cloak.

"
skarpa wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:

My experience is that it doesn't. It looks like the level 1 overwrites the higher level arcane surge when linked to arcane cloak.

Yeh beginning to doubt it too.. POB shows it does but POB is wrong in many areas.

Ah well, back to the old setup, no harm done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info