[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
Valant wrote:
If I don't wish to run Lightning Golem in boots, what can I swap it with ? Vaal RF ? CWDT doesnt work with Vaal right ?

No you only want to be using Vaal RF not regular RF because it will kill you.

but yeah.. CWDT-immortal call/tempest shield, whatever actually.. low level arcane cloak, (vaal) coldsnap, etc...

See you haven't taken arcane blessing which not only would make you ailment immune but would also free up another gem slot in your gloves with that low level arcane surge.

When should I drop sanctuary of thought ?
"
Valant wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
Valant wrote:
If I don't wish to run Lightning Golem in boots, what can I swap it with ? Vaal RF ? CWDT doesnt work with Vaal right ?

No you only want to be using Vaal RF not regular RF because it will kill you.

but yeah.. CWDT-immortal call/tempest shield, whatever actually.. low level arcane cloak, (vaal) coldsnap, etc...

See you haven't taken arcane blessing which not only would make you ailment immune but would also free up another gem slot in your gloves with that low level arcane surge.

When should I drop sanctuary of thought ?

When you are either comfortable playing with ~5.5k ES or can afford a Watcher's Eye with Gain x% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity mod. (Current going rate ~32-35 ex depending on the time of day)
Something which personally rather puzzled me in Simulacrum, asking here in case it's something Storm Brand related;

I've done several compete Simulacrum before usually getting level 5 or level 6 rewards in my old gear. I got some major upgrades the last few days including a Watcher's Eye, so my damage has increased massively. I expected this to if anything increase the rewards levels I'd get. Yet I just did a Simulacrum where stuff melted as expected, yet I typically didn't get beyond level 4 rewards before running out of mobs. Really puzzled, since mobs died much faster than before, so how could that result in less rewards tiers? Luck of the draw in this particular instance, or something else affecting this? (Update: did some more searching, also sounds like the Oriath map I got is sub optimal)

Also maybe somewhat related but I got somewhat disappointing splinter drops in some maps as well. Full clears of good maps for delirium (promenade, tropical island, etc), and few times only got 5-10 splinters rather than the 30-40 I'd expect. (I'm off course stepping on all the light blue spawning stuff)
Last edited by Sarjin on May 1, 2020, 2:45:14 PM
Up to 27m Shaper DPS per brand now. Fun to just phase through Uber Elder fight on A8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3i3QVouWm0

Ignore my Cinderswallow as I wasn't concerned with actually getting the right mod and wanted to go for bigger items first. Need to replace the Crusader mod on one of my rings. Going for corrupts on Foible and shield and double corrupts on chest now and getting the cast speed enchant on Skyforth to start pushing towards 30m per brand.
Last edited by Jolo0213 on May 1, 2020, 4:52:23 PM
"
Sarjin wrote:
Something which personally rather puzzled me in Simulacrum, asking here in case it's something Storm Brand related;

I've done several compete Simulacrum before usually getting level 5 or level 6 rewards in my old gear. I got some major upgrades the last few days including a Watcher's Eye, so my damage has increased massively. I expected this to if anything increase the rewards levels I'd get. Yet I just did a Simulacrum where stuff melted as expected, yet I typically didn't get beyond level 4 rewards before running out of mobs. Really puzzled, since mobs died much faster than before, so how could that result in less rewards tiers? Luck of the draw in this particular instance, or something else affecting this? (Update: did some more searching, also sounds like the Oriath map I got is sub optimal)

Also maybe somewhat related but I got somewhat disappointing splinter drops in some maps as well. Full clears of good maps for delirium (promenade, tropical island, etc), and few times only got 5-10 splinters rather than the 30-40 I'd expect. (I'm off course stepping on all the light blue spawning stuff)

Because it is not about damage most of the time. i was in the same boat like you. Saw a post in reddit about that. They recommend not to move too much. Try to move in a smaller area. Move around just to protect yourself from effects. I was running like hell and reach level 5 barely. Now i can reach level 6 easily.
For Large Clusters, what are we looking for in a third passive? Thunderstruck seems attractive.
"
For Large Clusters, what are we looking for in a third passive? Thunderstruck seems attractive.

I'm working on getting a Scintillating Idea/Disorienting Display/Prismatic Heart and then Scintillating Idea/Disorienting Display/Storm Drinker setup. Thunderstruck's unique feature of knockback is useless if you have ele focus without an alternative way to shock. Widespread is okay, but the brands and chaining cover a large area already anyways. I think Prismatic can definitely ease some of the jewelry's resistance needs and opens them up for more influence mods for damage or ES.
Hi, I'm following this guide and I think that more or less I'm very close to what you did.

The problem is that I got oneshotted by Atziri and Uber Atziri even while using just 1 storm brand and the Soul of Yugul,

Could anyone please give some advices? Because considering that I have to kill Atziri in the Temple this could be a problem xD

Here my PoB: https://pastebin.com/0YXcHm3x
"
Pigowallace wrote:
Hi, I'm following this guide and I think that more or less I'm very close to what you did.

The problem is that I got oneshotted by Atziri and Uber Atziri even while using just 1 storm brand and the Soul of Yugul,

Could anyone please give some advices? Because considering that I have to kill Atziri in the Temple this could be a problem xD

Atziri has a passive reflect. You have about 9mil single target boss DPS and Yugul only mitigates 25% of that so you still have 6.75mil coming back to you that you need to manage. Use a Sibyl's for the fight.
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
Pigowallace wrote:

Atziri has a passive reflect. You have about 9mil single target boss DPS and Yugul only mitigates 25% of that so you still have 6.75mil coming back to you that you need to manage. Use a Sibyl's for the fight.

Ah sorry, I mean that I was dying due the flat 2% reflected damage and not due the 100% shield reflected damage during split phase.
One storm brand attached after just the beginning of the fight and I die in about 4-5 hits (2-3 secs).
Anyway I didn't know about that ring, I'll probably grab on of these.

Another question, I feel like I lack some leech (I feel like my shield is not starting fast enough dunno how to explain) so I was trying to have arcane surge somehow since I removed it from the support to have the 0.5% damage leeched.

Should I refund the Sing of Purpose ascendancy and get Arcane Blessing?
Maybe I'll get the missing brand with the clusters.

What do you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info