[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Wardwen wrote:
bonjour, je n'arrive pas a voir les détail du build. tout est crypter quand je clic sur un lien
my response: *translated from google translate*

bonjour, j'utilise google translate donc je m'excuse pour les erreurs. avez-vous un programme appelé chemin de construction?
Dear Havoc209,

I played ED\Cont 3 or 4 times already :D Love that skill.
I skipped Harvest but want to try Heist, even though my hype is holding back since yesterdays reveal :D

Anyways, I have a general question, whats the main difference between your build and the other big one in the forum (the creator is dark, title is 2m dps unkillable bla bla). How come you achieve 6m dps? My ED tricksrers only always had around 2-3m dps, but not more. Is Low Life the main difference? Is your version a lot less tanky?

Have a good day

\\EDIT

Oh, and a follow-up question.
I see so many ED\Cont\Soulrend-Spellslingers around. Whats up with that? Do people only it because its easier (no button combinations) or is it actually better in terms of clear\defenses\single target?
AS I said, i played a lot of ED, but it has been a while i played POE.
Last edited by markuskanada on Sep 2, 2020, 6:08:11 AM
Hi Havoc,

I'm more of a casual player but I've played a couple of ED / Contagion builds in the past (even tho I had no idea what I was doing) and yours caught my attention and I was thinking of starting next league with it.

The only thing that I'm worried about is that I have never played a CI build (and neither a low-life one, of course).
So my question would be: how much ES should I be comfortable with while mapping ? I had a look at your "Leveling to 90 pastebin" but it shows 2.6k ES and I feel like this is waaay to low. Or am I missing something ?

Last edited by laurmetall on Sep 5, 2020, 6:01:56 AM
"
markuskanada wrote:
Dear Havoc209,

Anyways, I have a general question, whats the main difference between your build and the other big one in the forum (the creator is dark, title is 2m dps unkillable bla bla). How come you achieve 6m dps? My ED tricksrers only always had around 2-3m dps, but not more. Is Low Life the main difference?

Oh, and a follow-up question.
I see so many ED\Cont\Soulrend-Spellslingers around. Whats up with that? Do people only it because its easier (no button combinations) or is it actually better in terms of clear\defenses\single target?
AS I said, i played a lot of ED, but it has been a while i played POE.
Hello!

You didn't miss too much. Harvest was pretty cool, but it was more centered around staring at a screen to determine which crafts you should craft.. but if you liked making ridiculous items to sell for high, it might have been for you!
So the difference between the builds are; in short yes. The unkillable one is tankier, or has a lot more dodge than this version, however it does not have as much damage.
6M DPS was achieved by stacking a lot of the "more" damage multipliers, and just trying to get as much damage as possible.

The Spellslinger is a great starter variant of ED, I don't think it does well past red tier maps, but I have not made a sole build based around it to be honest.
"
laurmetall wrote:
Hi Havoc,

I'm more of a casual player but I've played a couple of ED / Contagion builds in the past (even tho I had no idea what I was doing) and yours caught my attention and I was thinking of starting next league with it.

The only thing that I'm worried about is that I have never played a CI build (and neither a low-life one, of course).
So my question would be: how much ES should I be comfortable with while mapping ? I had a look at your "Leveling to 90 pastebin" but it shows 2.6k ES and I feel like this is waaay to low. Or am I missing something ?

Hello!

So I would recommend starting 3000 Energy Shield with CI (Chaos Inoculation), this way you do not get demolished immediately.
I believe you are not selecting the Discipline Aura? or changing up the levels and gear up to match? I have about 3733 Energy Shield with everything set up.

Honestly CI and Low life are a little intimidating when you first look at them, however I do not believe they are too bad.
All I can tell you from my perspective is for low life the auras are being used for more damage / survivability so it opens up options.
You just need to make sure you know what the correct gear you need and also you need to enjoy the playstyle of the build.
Keep in mind this is not a tanky build by any means, however I do tend to run straight into monsters while killing them because with Essence Drain, it's a lifestealing spell.
What I mean by that is the damage you deal with it, regenerates your health (And if you get a talent it regenerates your energy shield as well)
Updated title for 3.12.

I will also be league starting this build for Heist, so it will be updated constantly!
What's the tool tip DOT DPS for this build?
Hi,

what is the best way for leveling after Bane nerf?
Full Blight into ED/C?

Thanks
I found that using Rearguard is way more better then using Soul Strike as quiver, i could argue that its the best quiver for the build
"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
Wardwen wrote:
bonjour, je n'arrive pas a voir les détail du build. tout est crypter quand je clic sur un lien
my response: *translated from google translate*

bonjour, j'utilise google translate donc je m'excuse pour les erreurs. avez-vous un programme appelé chemin de construction?

That translated extremely poorly from english to french, lemme explain in french ^^'

Les liens pastebin.com contiennent des données utilisés pas un programme communautaire, Path of building. Tu peux le télécharger ici.

Il sert à afficher tous les items/gemmes/arbre de compétences d'un build, et à calculer ses différentes statistiques (dps, vie effective contre tel ou tel type de dégats...).

Pour importer un build dans PoB, il faut clicker sur:
Nouveau > import > from pastebin > coller le lien pastebin ici.
"
GOoldy wrote:
Hi,
what is the best way for leveling after Bane nerf?
Full Blight into ED/C?
Thanks
Hi

I still think Bane will be the best way to level to be honest, maybe with using Hex Blast as well? I'm not sure I will have to test it out! I will be doing so live @ twitch as always!

Poacher's Mark seems kinda dead now, at least for Bane, so we will be using Enfeeble instead.

The setup for leveling will most likely be: Bane > Despair > Temporal Chains > Enfeeble > Controlled Destruction > Faster Casting.
"
AeonsTorn wrote:
I found that using Rearguard is way more better then using Soul Strike as quiver, i could argue that its the best quiver for the build
Rearguard? I feel like that would only be good if we stacked block, we lose a TON of Energy Shield (600+) from dropping Soul Strike, as well as the faster start of the energy shield recharge.

Thanks for the option if others want more of a block build without switching too much out!
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
That translated extremely poorly from english to french, lemme explain in french ^^'
Thank you very much!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info