[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

I'm trying to achieve the CI version and feeling SUPER squishy. I'm usually dying like once a map. It feels like I don't have many defensive layers and raw ES isn't quite there yet without better gear.

Any advice on what things I should focus on to improve the survivability aspect?

Profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PeleusX/characters?characterName=StealinPeleus
"
PeleusX wrote:
I'm trying to achieve the CI version and feeling SUPER squishy. I'm usually dying like once a map. It feels like I don't have many defensive layers and raw ES isn't quite there yet without better gear.

Any advice on what things I should focus on to improve the survivability aspect?

Profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PeleusX/characters?characterName=StealinPeleus
Hi

There really aren't many defensive layers other than very high damage output and high dodge chance, however I think I figured out your issue.
I do not see the Flesh & Stone aura being used anywhere anywhere, which gives a ton of evade chance.
Also it looks like you picked up the "Swift Killer" as your last ascendancy. I only recommend doing this once you have a Presence of Chayula because of the stun immunity. For now I would use 10 regret points to respec your ascendancy to "Escape Artist".

The last thing I can recommend is to get a "Freeze Immunity during flask effect" on one of your flasks.
This will help out a TON, especially when you open strongboxes that freeze you.
"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
PeleusX wrote:

Profile:
Hi

There really aren't many defensive layers other than very high damage output and high dodge chance, however I think I figured out your issue.
I do not see the Flesh & Stone aura being used anywhere anywhere, which gives a ton of evade chance.
Also it looks like you picked up the "Swift Killer" as your last ascendancy. I only recommend doing this once you have a Presence of Chayula because of the stun immunity. For now I would use 10 regret points to respec your ascendancy to "Escape Artist".

The last thing I can recommend is to get a "Freeze Immunity during flask effect" on one of your flasks.
This will help out a TON, especially when you open strongboxes that freeze you.

Thanks so much. Made those changes now and I'll see how we go!
Hey Havoc, your build looks great. This will be my first time trying out ED so I have a few questions. I'm sure some of this has already been asked/answered before so I apologize in advance!

I noticed that your PoB pastebin links no longer work as the tree has changed a bit. I tried making your level 67 leveling skilltree in the updated PoB from the Act 10 section- does this look right? - https://pastebin.com/nF9ysz0L
If so, please feel free to use that link for the guide.

Is CI/Low-life required or recommended at level 85/90? I'm assuming without either you just don't hit the max DPS you would otherwise? Would you recommend the CI or low-life, and at what point would you start transitioning -at a specific ES value? or when you have enough currency to buy specific gear?

Also, approximately how many chaos should I expect to spend changing up my skill tree to transition to the 85/90 CI/low-life from the leveling build?

Thanks again!

-Tasmi
"
ItsTasmi wrote:

Is CI/Low-life required or recommended at level 85/90? I'm assuming without either you just don't hit the max DPS you would otherwise? Would you recommend the CI or low-life, and at what point would you start transitioning -at a specific ES value? or when you have enough currency to buy specific gear?

I switched from "leveling" to CI at lvl 88. I had ~6K ES with <5 chaos rares.

I switched to low-life at lvl 90. CI was okay but a bit slow against T10+ map bosses/conquerors. The low life tree gives you way more damage.
It is a bit more expensive because you will need more resistances on your rares. I think i spent something like 170 chaos in rares (including 90 for the boots).
I have 7050 Es right now.
What should be my next upgrade? I started off as CI and got a cheap + 1 bow.

Should I branch into Low Life now or go upgrade my bow first? Sitting at around 6k ES
Spoiler

I can easily replace the accessories for LL but wondering if I should touch up on upgrading my bow first rather than going LL
"
Freredacier wrote:

I switched to low-life at lvl 90. CI was okay but a bit slow against T10+ map bosses/conquerors. The low life tree gives you way more damage.
It is a bit more expensive because you will need more resistances on your rares. I think i spent something like 170 chaos in rares (including 90 for the boots).

Thanks for the info, this was helpful! Was the 170 chaos including all the respec'ing?

How's the survivability of low-life vs CI? Or do you have to be much more careful with how you play, or does it feel the same defense-wise? I'm a bit noob so I don't play HC, but I find once I get to tiers 13-15 I start dying quite a bit.

-Tasmi
Last edited by ItsTasmi on Sep 23, 2020, 9:16:37 PM
"
ItsTasmi wrote:
I noticed that your PoB pastebin links no longer work as the tree has changed a bit. I tried making your level 67 leveling skilltree in the updated PoB from the Act 10 section- does this look right? - https://pastebin.com/nF9ysz0L
If so, please feel free to use that link for the guide.
Hello!
So the Mind Over Matter build is only for completing the story/shorty after it's over. I actually updated all of the pastebins, so they should be working, let me know if you have any problems!
I recommend once the story is finished to buy some energy shield gear and switch over to CI if you can get enough Energy Shield (around 3000+)

The reason for going CI is not having the required items to run the build early on. I would recommend not spend all of your currency buying just a Shavonne's as you will need also need a Presence of Chayula, and to try to work on your chaos resistance as well.
It's about 20-30 respec points in order to switch to the low-life / CI skill tree, and luckily they are the exact same trees, just switch CI and the Pain Attunement talents around.
"
Freredacier wrote:
See it all just depends on how you do it. As soon as the story is complete I actually try to switch over to CI, but whatever works for you, if you can get the right gear.
You are DEFINITELY right, the CI version is a lot less damage, however it works if you cannot afford to purchase Shavronne's and Presence of Chayula as they are very expensive early on.
"
neo_child wrote:
What should be my next upgrade? I started off as CI and got a cheap + 1 bow.
I would suggest saving up for an Essence Drain level 21, this will be the biggest damage increase for you.
After that I probably would recommend trying to save up for a Shavronne's and a Presence of Chayula, and while you can try to look for some Chaos Resistance pieces of gear so that you will not struggle for Chaos Res when you switch over.

The Bow is a MASSIVE upgrade, however it is a 8-10 exalted orb upgrade. So this is going to be one of your BIGGEST and final upgrade to save up for (other than Empower 4.) Of course it's not the final - FINAL upgrade, but you don't really have to worry too much once you get Shavs / Presence / The Bow
Also you only have Empower level 1 so the bow wouldn't be as big as if Empower was level 3 or 4.
"
ItsTasmi wrote:
How's the survivability of low-life vs CI? Or do you have to be much more careful with how you play, or does it feel the same defense-wise? I'm a bit noob so I don't play HC, but I find once I get to tiers 13-15 I start dying quite a bit.
I think low-life is much better, but you need to be able to afford it.
Of course there isn't MUCH Survivability other than instantly killing an entire screen and dodging almost everything.

I haven't really touched Hardcore much either as the fear of breaking my monitor. If I did I probably would switch the playstyle of this build up to have more block and dodge, maybe even do a hybrid playstyle.
This build is a more of a soft-core all-star as we can farm literally any content super easily as the damage output is insane once you get all the required items.

Keep in mind gem levels play a big part in Chaos Damage builds.
"
ItsTasmi wrote:
"
Freredacier wrote:

Thanks for the info, this was helpful! Was the 170 chaos including all the respec'ing?

I don't remember how many regret orbs i had to use unfortunately. You can compare both trees and see how many respet points you need !

Survivability is actually better thanks to the higher DPS (+-ES). You're not chaos immune anymore but it is not an huge issue in softcore since chaos damage is not that common (and you can use an amethyst flask for specific encounters). I was able to craft hybrid ele/chaos res on 2 rares, i have +34% chaos res which is totally fine in my opinion.
Last edited by Freredacier on Sep 24, 2020, 1:15:14 AM
Hey Havoc!

Guide looks great, but I got some troubles on what auras to run in the different versions, atleast I cant find it clearly anywhere in the guide.

Just finished the story, and will probably have to stay life for awhile getting some currency to get enough ES.

What auras should i run in mind over matter version, and then in CI version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info