Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Pohinthecube wrote:
Thank you. I also just want to mention that your crafting guide is really easy to follow and helped explain a lot of things, and it got me really interested in crafting.
Thank you.
Yeah there is so much you can do with crafting!
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
I'm starting to wonder...
Is lowlife really more damage in the true endgame this league? With harvest crafting, rares are more valuable than ever compared to uniques, and using presence of chayula kinda hurts a lot.

Maybe going occultist would be better? It's so slow I wouldn't actually use it, but I think it would have higher singletarget...
I really don't know anymore. So much potential.
So, my opinion on this is:
I do not think they will keep Harvest crafting, they might, and even if they do I don't think it would be wise to base a build around crafting.
I'm really not sure what they are possibly going to do, maybe this league could give them ideas for potential different currency orbs?

I still do think low life is the best option for damage, but you are definitely right about the Presence of Chayula. This amulet is hard-reach early on because of how hard to get because of Chayula being so rare, however; the stun immune is literally the reason we use it.

If you are talking "Harvest" League crafts - there is a CRAZY jewel implicit that is "10% chance to avoid being stunned" - if you get at least 2 of these, and if you can get the boots enchant: "80% Chance to Avoid being stunned if you've killed recently" you are pretty much immune to being stunned while killing monsters, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I actually do think CI would be the possible BEST outcome for the build, but it's about a 50+ Ex reach, so is it really worth even mentioning?

My CI setup would be:
Skin of the Loyal (Double Corrupted) with + Level of Socketed gems, and + Level of AoE gems. (Need the right color of colors too)
Atziri's Reflection
And a really good wand
Change out Presence of Chayula for a yellow Amulet
Respect Pain Attunment for CI - done

Occultust might be a good option for the stun immunity early on, however I still feel like Trickster has the best possible damage, and like you said, the quickest out of them all.
"
StevRising wrote:
Hello, thanks for the Build, cleaning maps is wonderful, but in the boses or some random projectile the character is practically a glass cannon, I don't know if it is possible to solve it with any change, likewise thank you very much for the Build, I had a good time hahaha
Hello!

Thank you for sharing!
I would have to see your pastebin to see how I could improve and what the issues were, if you would like to share I could give my thoughts.

Some of the crafts with Harvest is absolutely insane
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jul 17, 2020, 12:16:21 PM
I've been following the guide and doing pretty well.

Here is my character and gear:

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/7hawk77/characters/chaosisaladderdaysaint

I absolutely love ED for delving, it's super fast and great experience. Bossing sometimes feels awkward if you can't land the ED projectile.

I'm also planning on redeemer slamming my bow, ideally getting increased movement speed, but onslaught on kill seems good too (or inc dmg from auras).

If it rolls the blind then I'll just use harvest to remove it.
I've been playing this build for a couple of weeks now and I must say I'm really struggling from a survivability perspective.

I rip to the occasional rippy map mods and most bosses are fine because I can play around the mechanics. One thing that I really struggle to do is maxed out metamorphs in T14-16 maps. Everything 1-2 shots me and at times the screen quickly gets cluttered and it can be difficult to land the projectile on the metamorph. I've been stuck on level 92 for what seems like forever because of this. Any recommendations to improve survivability would be much appreciated. I have 7.7k ES at the moment and feel that it is not enough without additional layers of defence.

The build is still great and the guide is very well written, I suppose I just expected a bit more ease in content with this amount of currency investment (~ 20 ex)

My PoB : https://pastebin.com/wkMK6JQD
IGN: _FuRi
"
7hawk77 wrote:
I've been following the guide and doing pretty well.

I absolutely love ED for delving, it's super fast and great experience. Bossing sometimes feels awkward if you can't land the ED projectile.

I'm also planning on redeemer slamming my bow, ideally getting increased movement speed, but onslaught on kill seems good too (or inc dmg from auras).

If it rolls the blind then I'll just use harvest to remove it.
Hey!
Just pulled your Pastebin up, everything looks perfect other than the Chaos Resistance being at 42%.
Yeah the onslaught on kill would be pretty good! Also you wouldn't need to get it on a jewel.
IF the bow doesn't roll it you can always get a % chance to gain onslaught on kill on an abyss jewel or something.
"
Shadowfuri wrote:

My PoB : https://pastebin.com/wkMK6JQD
Hello!

I do notice you are only at 54% Chaos Resistance, which MIGHT be what is killing you so quickly.

Yeah you are right, there is not much defense other than killing things and dodging with Flame Dash, and that's just kind of how this build is and the playstyle.
You could change out 2 gems for a Cast When Damage Taken setup, maybe the Vaal Blight and Infused Channelling? Or the Vaal Righteous Fire and the Flame Dash?
The problem is you would lose something.

I haven't had any issues with Metamorph unless my damage is lacking, it could be the chaos resist coming into play here.
These things do MOSTLY Chaos Damage from my experience.
I cast totems, Essence Drain the Metamorph, and then the spawns his entire crew and I run around in a circle while using Contagion and Essence Drain on the little monsters to spread it around to the whole pack.
"
Havoc209 wrote:

I haven't had any issues with Metamorph unless my damage is lacking, it could be the chaos resist coming into play here.
These things do MOSTLY Chaos Damage from my experience.
I cast totems, Essence Drain the Metamorph, and then the spawns his entire crew and I run around in a circle while using Contagion and Essence Drain on the little monsters to spread it around to the whole pack.

Quick correction here: Metamorphs don't actually deal significant chaos damage.
I don't really know where this started, but reddit started saying they do after a few weeks in meta, and it hasn't stopped since. It has become a trend to say that X and Y deals chaos damage, and that chaos res is more important than ever. The thing is, while chaos res is arguably important, most commonly cited sources don't deal significant chaos damage. Morphs and sirus being the biggest offenders.

Metamorphs use special versions (or sometimes the same) of monster attacks.
Metamorphs are actually a single mob, available here: https://poedb.tw/us/Metamorph. The only thing that changes is their AI, which depends on the parts you use (each part gives a skill).
They have custom stats (like, a huge amount of life, 49523*1491%*698%=6.3M hp in a t16 map before mapmods), but nothing actually related to chaos. They use mostly physical skills with a % of damage converted to elemental. The best way to defend against these is phys reduction.

I think the idea of morphs dealing chaos damage was popularised by two things:
- The morph zombie caustic ground skill. It used to do INSANE chaos damage. It was nerfed this league and deals about 10 times less.
- The art being black and reminiscent of chaos damage sources.

If you don't think art can lead to false conclusion, consider this:
To a character with 3 endurance charges and 75% cold res, Aul deals more physical damage than cold.

Don't get me wrong, there are sources of heavy chaos damage in the game (pure chayula is omegadeadly). But Morphs aren't one of them.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Don't get me wrong, there are sources of heavy chaos damage in the game (pure chayula is omegadeadly). But Morphs aren't one of them.
Well, the numbers might say something different, but if I don't cap my Chaos Resistance, and going against any Metamorphs, generally I will die in one shot, unless I am not playing an Energy Shield build, but then again I usually take a cast when damage taken setup when playing other builds.

I could be wrong since I have not fought them on my build since capping my Chaos Resistance, but I definitely never have any problems once since it has been at 75%.
So I said I was going to remove fire on my weapon and redeemer slam it...

Well here is the end result!

Should I go the go the recommended gear even though I doing the spellslinger build?
"
7hawk77 wrote:
So I said I was going to remove fire on my weapon and redeemer slam it...
Well here is the end result!
Wow lucky!
If only it was only a tier 1 roll instead of a tier 2, but that is still really good, and better than nothing!
"
Profit_ wrote:
Should I go the go the recommended gear even though I doing the spellslinger build?
Yes, it is about the same gear, I definitely would use the same as the recommended.
Very good build , ed/c is my favorite skill in the game and i decided to try it in LL variation after seeing your build guide and it's the best variation i played by far.
Huge dps / ok survivability / extremely fast / sirus deathless and the stuff is very cheap to craft this league.

Here my stuff that i self crafted with the garden for very cheap (still need to max roll some items and finish my cluster) :

I changed a bit the tree to put a cluster jewel for more dps and survivability in maps (looking forward for a second one).
Here my pastebin for those interested : https://pastebin.com/3yFDDti3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info