[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

I'm sorry, as I wrote I am fairly new to the game. I don't know what EB / MOM means. Could you please explain?
"
Horrux wrote:
I'm sorry, as I wrote I am fairly new to the game. I don't know what EB / MOM means. Could you please explain?
It means you have Eldritch Battery (EB) and Mind over Matter (MOM) keystones specced atm, which means you're using your life to take hits and your energy shield to fuel spells.

Low life uses energy shield to take hits (so you can reserve most life for auras) and unreserved mana to fuel spells (you don't need that much, so you can reserve some of mana as well).
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Horrux wrote:
It means you have Eldritch Battery (EB) and Mind over Matter (MOM) keystones specced atm, which means you're using your life to take hits and your energy shield to fuel spells.

Low life uses energy shield to take hits (so you can reserve most life for auras) and unreserved mana to fuel spells (you don't need that much, so you can reserve some of mana as well).

Thanks, that helps.

I guess my problem comes from using the build a certain way during the levelling phase (multicurse attack, dash to avoid projectiles, repeat) and then needing to adapt to a different method once levelld. Dashing to get out of projectiles' way doesn't work, as it interrupts casting ED...

So now I just move aside rather than dash. It kind of works, but I'm still get in trouble very easily. Right now I have Contagion on left click, Wither on right click, and Essence Drain on both middle click and R key. And my timing with all these seems to not work out. I switch them around to see what's going to feel the most natural and so far I guess that's my main issue with playing this. How do you play this build exactly? What should the timing be? Totems first, then contagion, then ED?
"
Horrux wrote:
Hi!
My first question after reading everything, was have you watched the full low life video?
It is here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLAT_iurj2A

So yes, the playstyle is very different from leveling up. Leveling up this way is the quickest way I have found.

The playstyle of Essence Drain, since we do need to cast 2 spells, I cast Contagion, and kind of run back a little away from monsters, trying not to get hit and then I cast Essence Drain and they die.

I will go over you with some things that I believe you should change,

You should buy an Essence Drain level 21
This will be one of the biggest improvements.

Also you should buy a Empower level 3
The Witchfire Brew is also HUGE

MoM = Mind over Matter
EB = Eldritch Battery

Next thing I read is you have problems with the unreserved mana, you cannot use Mind over Matter and EB with the auras required, it the auras also require passive Aura reservation nodes.

Usually I have enough damage that I only need to Contagion + Essence Drain and the monsters die, but when I run into a boss I need to cast Wither Totems + Contagion + Essence Drain

If you are having issues with currency, I recommend going CI, (Chaos Innoculation - this talent makes you immune to chaos damage but makes your life 1) if you have questions about that I suggest you watch the two videos and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jun 13, 2020, 11:38:11 AM
Any chance this could get through juiced T19s?

Love the ED / contagion playstyle, but my whole in game economy is based around running lvl 85+ maps.

What would you suggest either swapping to mid-league or league starting with to get the ED clearspeed but have the potential to scale into juiced t19s?
"
smallholes wrote:
Any chance this could get through juiced T19s?

Love the ED / contagion playstyle, but my whole in game economy is based around running lvl 85+ maps.

What would you suggest either swapping to mid-league or league starting with to get the ED clearspeed but have the potential to scale into juiced t19s?
Hi!

How juiced are we talking here?

I have been able to clear fully juiced, not 5 delirium orbs maps, regular JUICED maps just fine with no issues.

I WAS clearing a 5 delirium orb map easily, I do die occasionally when I make a mistake, but it was definitely do-able - but I didn't really find a point in clearing 5 delirium orb maps, the loot was good but did not seem worth the investment.
-> Capable of killing EVERYTHING in the game

X Cannot do HoGM, thanks to Chaos Innoculation-based Exiles.
"
bvanharjr wrote:
-> Capable of killing EVERYTHING in the game

X Cannot do HoGM, thanks to Chaos Innoculation-based Exiles.
HOGM is not exactly content most people want to do outside of dedicated farmer builds, similar to delving past 1k depth. But you can buy Balefire to get scorching ray, which is decently effective against the maxblock / CI boys and many generic dot multipliers will also apply to scorching ray damage (specific chaos ones won't).

Anyway if you want to farm it for the div card, best idea is to make dedicated build to run it, similar to how lab runners and deep delvers specialize their characters. If you just want the league challenge for unique maps, literally everything else is a better idea (every season this challenge is there unchanged, and every season I skip HOGM / Perandus / Doryani).
What kind of a gear investment are we talking about before you don't have to run around in circles for 5m trying to kill a T16 extra life map boss?

Somehow "6.6 MIL DOT DPS" right next to the words "Beginner Friendly" seem like they leave a little to be desired if you are hoping for a shred of truth in advertising these days.
I really hope this guide is updated for 3.11

The most fun playstyle IMHO is probably ed/c for clearing (for bossing maybe BL Mines)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info