[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Why wouldn't you run a 6L blight when you got 2 6-links is beyond my understanding.

Also, not using a Transcendant Mind, but using Eldritch Knowledge is such a bad choice.

Just followed the guide links tbh. If I ran a 6 link blight using the links suggested I couldn't run the 5 link Contagion I think.

Don't have 2ex to drop on a Transcendant Mind right now is the reason.
"
Why wouldn't you run a 6L blight when you got 2 6-links is beyond my understanding.
Also, not using a Transcendant Mind, but using Eldritch Knowledge is such a bad choice.
We are not running a 6-Link blight because we have high enough DPS that we really do not need to.
Essence Drain kills literally EVERYTHING, if we get rid of Arcane Surge we lose 654k DPS on a 5.3 Mil DPS (Shaper DPS) Pastebin, so we would drop down to 4.6 Mil.

On top of that, we are not using Transcendant Mind because it is ONLY 6% Damage Over Time Multiplier, which is only 2.4% more Damage.
Eldritch Knowledge gives us 3.1% more Damage, from 40% Increased Chaos Damage.

Why do you think Eldritch Knowledge is such a bad choice?
"
Havoc209 wrote:
On top of that, we are not using Transcendant Mind because it is ONLY 6% Damage Over Time Multiplier,
To add to the discussion, transcendent mind requires changing the pathing on the tree to have as much unallocated int nodes in radius as possible. You can reach 15-18% dot multi that way. But ofc there's the issue of price (it's more expensive than the other gem) and whether it's worth ditching some stuff from the tree.

Thanks for the build. I just started playing POE about 3 weeks ago. I started with a Juggernaut Molten Strike build. Then did a Chieftain Totems build. This build here is way better for destroying bosses and survivability. I found your build while looking for something different and I am glad I did. Really looking forward to finishing the league with this and will probably run it again next league. Easy to build. Levels quick without dying. Melts the monsters. This build is as advertised. Thanks again
After playing this build with items from my occultist, I wanna warn you, dont play it! It's extremely squishy and not worth it.
"
Chief110 wrote:
Thanks for the build. I just started playing POE about 3 weeks ago. I started with a Juggernaut Molten Strike build. Then did a Chieftain Totems build. This build here is way better for destroying bosses and survivability. I found your build while looking for something different and I am glad I did. Really looking forward to finishing the league with this and will probably run it again next league. Easy to build. Levels quick without dying. Melts the monsters. This build is as advertised. Thanks again
No problem man! Glad you enjoyed it!
If you have any questions feel free to ask anything!
I also am a small streamer and am pretty excited for the new league so if you have any questions or need help feel free to stop by and ask!
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jun 3, 2020, 10:05:02 AM
"
lampicka95 wrote:
After playing this build with items from my occultist, I wanna warn you, dont play it! It's extremely squishy and not worth it.
I am not sure how you think it is extremely squishy.
Are you sure you built correctly?

I have over 8500 Energy Shield, with 76% Evade Chance, 30k Life Regen Per second from how much damage I do with Essence Drain
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jun 3, 2020, 10:03:46 AM
Def not criticizing but I feel too squishy as well..wanted to try essence drain again to put build together again but constant deaths make playing unpleasant..i get the whole energy shield regen thing..but appears you have to keep killing to survive..or lets not not mention what happens if u have porcupines on a map..if u don't kite or cast skills then backtrack your dead...Orchard map boss..get zapped by the green laser beam and dead in seconds..granted I have some more leveling to do and more nodes to grab...damage isn't the issue..its survivability..currently at 6518 es which is low for now..can grab more nodes upon leveling..but rate of deaths seems to much..and I understand the playstyle and mechanics..perhaps if/when u have time u can look at my build and see what im doing wrong maybe..

https://pastebin.com/qtC4nmiK
Last edited by xmasbby78 on Jun 4, 2020, 9:38:17 AM
"
xmasbby78 wrote:
Def not criticizing but I feel too squishy as well..wanted to try essence drain again to put build together again but constant deaths make playing unpleasant..i get the whole energy shield regen thing..but appears you have to keep killing to survive..or lets not not mention what happens if u have porcupines on a map..if u don't kite or cast skills then backtrack your dead...Orchard map boss..get zapped by the green laser beam and dead in seconds..granted I have some more leveling to do and more nodes to grab...damage isn't the issue..its survivability..currently at 6518 es which is low for now..can grab more nodes upon leveling..but rate of deaths seems to much..and I understand the playstyle and mechanics..perhaps if/when u have time u can look at my build and see what im doing wrong maybe..

https://pastebin.com/qtC4nmiK

Exact same for me. Same level, same ES, same gear. Same squishiness, same fear of porcupines.
Damage is fine, everything dies, but god forbid I get hit more than a couple times.
"
xmasbby78 wrote:
you have to keep killing to survive..
You need to have ED up on a mob to get the regen, even if it's on 1 boss that is alive you should get some regen.

"
xmasbby78 wrote:
or lets not not mention what happens if u have porcupines on a map..if u don't kite or cast skills then backtrack your dead...
You're not a melee, why would you stand on top of them? I played bane occultist, bow builds, and none of them really felt the "dread" of porcupines everyone's talking about. I always thought that was just for melee builds because they stand point blank and get shotgunned. Most maps with porcupines have garden / lab outdoor layout with many walls where you can throw your spell and corner / line of sight the spikes, they don't go through walls.

"
xmasbby78 wrote:

Orchard map boss..get zapped by the green laser beam and dead in seconds..
You have to hide behind a pillar to break that beam. Use vaal discipline if pillar is not close enough. But try to be close to one as this is the only boss mechanic that is actually deadly.

P.S. From the top of my head about your pastebin: pick growth & decay and probably path to it from the shorter side, you get regen (thanks to zealot's oath), rush unnatural calm asap for more ES, get escape artist, not sure why the lvl 100 pastebin has swift killer over escape artist but the lvl 90 pastebin with all the levelling trees has it the other way around, but if survivability is the issue, get escape artist, other is only a small damage buff from frenzies. Get uncorrupted Chayula so you can anoint it. Get boots with more ES.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 4, 2020, 12:39:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info