[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
bvanharjr wrote:
-> Capable of killing EVERYTHING in the game

X Cannot do HoGM, thanks to Chaos Innoculation-based Exiles.
I'm not sure how to address this comment.

I mean you're not wrong, but who really cares about doing Hall of Grandmasters, and what builds can ACTUALLY do them without switching up an entire build?
"
Smallzz wrote:
What kind of a gear investment are we talking about before you don't have to run around in circles for 5m trying to kill a T16 extra life map boss?

Somehow "6.6 MIL DOT DPS" right next to the words "Beginner Friendly" seem like they leave a little to be desired if you are hoping for a shred of truth in advertising these days.
Hi!
I would say max it costs is about 15-20 Exalted Orbs.
The most expensive thing is the bow, which is roughly 7-10 Exalted Orbs, and then Shavronne's / Presence of Chayula, and then some good yellows that are required to cap resistances.

All in thoughts, no more expensive than you would actually think.

"
Ludwig_van wrote:
I really hope this guide is updated for 3.11

The most fun playstyle IMHO is probably ed/c for clearing (for bossing maybe BL Mines)
Hi
Yes, it was very frequently updated in Delirium, and I will start this build for Harvest.
I definitely will continue to keep it updated!
I started playing 1 week ago, your build is the most noob-friendly build out there, helped me a lot.

I would love it if you made crafting videos as you explain everything very smoothly.

Please update it for 3.11 <3
"
Smallzz wrote:
What kind of a gear investment are we talking about before you don't have to run around in circles for 5m trying to kill a T16 extra life map boss?

Somehow "6.6 MIL DOT DPS" right next to the words "Beginner Friendly" seem like they leave a little to be desired if you are hoping for a shred of truth in advertising these days.
I cleared 37 challenges in delirium and most of the atlas comfortably on a 2 mil dps build (counting for normal mobs not shaper / sirus who have damage reductions), you don't need ZOMG mega dps, and most "50 mill dps I promise" builds are noob traps because you won't get it without mirror tier gear.

Keep in mind you won't get 6mil dps on ED alone, that number usually counts using other spells while ED is ticking, which is normal playstyle for dot builds.

Since you don't need 6-link on the chest, don't overpay for that. Most of your expenses will be the bow & the lvl 4 empower. Bow is gonna be around 7ex to self craft no matter league economy because it's mostly pure exalts cost of mods on it. Rest depends on meta, prices vary.

P.S. When you're undergeared check your map mods, if it's like "monsters have extra life, extra chaos res and are hexproof" probably don't try it, just reroll or leave for later when you're geared up. That you can do "all map mods" doesn't mean it's always efficient to do so.
Hey, really big noob here!

Was wondering what is the build state after the patch notes. Not seeing anyone talk about choosing Ed/contagion as their option for Harvest, so I guess it was nerfed?

Additionally, will it be updated for Harvest's release?

Thanks in advance!
Curious why you dont have a watcher's eye in the endgame setup and what one other than malevolence dot you think is best
"
Rashid123 wrote:
I started playing 1 week ago, your build is the most noob-friendly build out there, helped me a lot.
I would love it if you made crafting videos as you explain everything very smoothly.
Please update it for 3.11 <3
Hi
Yeah I will release a video hopefully sometime at the start of Harvest league.
If you have any questions for crafting at the launch, feel free to stop by my stream and I can show you a little bit of what I do.
"
mosquitoblue wrote:
Hey, really big noob here!
Was wondering what is the build state after the patch notes. Not seeing anyone talk about choosing Ed/contagion as their option for Harvest, so I guess it was nerfed?
Additionally, will it be updated for Harvest's release?
Thanks in advance!
Hello!
Nope! Essence Drain did not get nerfed at all.
I actually don't think it will be hit that hard either, truth be told.

I definitely will be league starting this for Harvest and will continue to keep it up to date!
"
Brot3inshake wrote:
Curious why you dont have a watcher's eye in the endgame setup and what one other than malevolence dot you think is best
I was very confused by what you said so I took a quick look at it.
I think what happened is when I was trying to enable the jewel for the "EXPENSIVE (Unaffordable)" tab, it would not let me use 2 different watcher's eyes, so I did not add it, and I just kept the Rapture Heart in there.
If you replace the yellow Rapture's Heart with the Watcher's Eye that is actually added in the items, then the "EXPENSIVE (Unaffordable)" DPS goes from 6.1 Mil to 6.6 Mil DPS which is what the title actually says, but it's actually a bit more with skitterbots, but we won't go that far as to add Skitterbots (which is 15% more damage...)
If you are confused what I mean by "EXPENSIVE (Unaffordable)," I have two different item sets on the expensive PoB, if you were aware of that, just ignore this comment.

To be honest, I don't think its worth the investment early on, it's 300k for ~10-15 Exalted Orbs mid-league, especially if you are trying to get your DPS up and cap your resistances, it is extremely hard.

The other Watcher's Eye other than the Malevolence Dot I would say is best.. is the "Gain % Maximum Mana while affected by Clarity," but it is like 100 Exalts and definitely out of a normal person's price range.
That being said, the next best one would be the "Consecrated Ground you crate while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take % increased damage"
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jun 18, 2020, 10:01:01 AM
Is it possible to use Blight to push the bossing damage into a better range (assuming you can't get the 6.6million because its early league)?

Is there a finished hybrid version of this?

If you played hybrid version, would u use dodge/spelldodge? (my hybrid had about 8k eHp between hp and es, 50% evade 50% dodge 65% spelldodge, was super tanky!)

P.S. Need this updated ASAP its my fave build!
Last edited by Ludwig_van on Jun 18, 2020, 9:58:15 PM
Hi, quick question before start of the new league, because i want to start with this build again, is there any replecement for Doedre Damning rings? i think these will be kinda hard to get on the start
"
Ludwig_van wrote:
Is it possible to use Blight to push the bossing damage into a better range (assuming you can't get the 6.6million because its early league)?

Is there a finished hybrid version of this?

If you played hybrid version, would u use dodge/spelldodge? (my hybrid had about 8k eHp between hp and es, 50% evade 50% dodge 65% spelldodge, was super tanky!)

P.S. Need this updated ASAP its my fave build!
Yes, it definitely is possible, but make sure to Vaal Righteous Fire and Vaal Blight first, and if that doesn't work then you can use Blight, just be careful not to die to hard slams!

I'm not sure, the hybrid version is a very different playstyle and I don't think I like the playstyle.
It's been updated! And will continue to be! I hope you enjoy!
"
Puckej wrote:
Hi, quick question before start of the new league, because i want to start with this build again, is there any replecement for Doedre Damning rings? i think these will be kinda hard to get on the start
Honestly no, my suggestion is to hope to get a Chaos or two, maybe borrow them from your friends (if you can - not an easy task) and buy the ring from the trade website!

We can still level with Bane linked with Despair, we just won't have Poacher's Mark and Temporal Chains which just means we won't be able to go as fast because they aren't slowed from Temporal Chains, and we aren't getting extra flask charges from Poacher's Mark, also the damage is slightly less but not too much.
can you share a new one pob code?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info