[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
Naz71 wrote:
Hey, how are u doing bro?

Finally I got a better bow, not the best but decent, and now I have aspect of the spiders. Ive been using Aspect of the spiders and clarity over zealotry, Now my question is, should I remove this skill gem (zealotry) and get another skil/aura/support? if so, what so u recomend? or should I leave it there?
Hi!
I'm doing great, how about yourself?!
Nope, I recommend you just keep it there how it is, there really isn't any other auras that would benefit us too much.
"
seikaryuu wrote:
hey, managed to do most of the content with this build already, (simulacrum 20 , A8 Sirius) but i've been dying fairly often (esp juiced t16s), i've read that you were planning to come up with a block build so we don't rip as often?

https://pastebin.com/k5JMNUbJ

here's my POB currently, any suggestions on how to go about improving ? (i've sac'd some damage for ES compared to the tree you suggested & the helm is still a work in progress) also i found that i don't really use Vaal RF so i swapped for a portal, i've seen some builds that use artic armour (how do we get enough mana reservation for this?) /CWDT with immortal call, (swap to 6-link shavs and put infused channeling and blight into the contagion link and remove faster casting support). Any thoughts on this?
Hi!
That's fantastic! I'm glad you were able to do all of the content..
A8 Sirus and 20 Simalacrum is probably the most end-game you can get.

Are you talking Full Delirium Orbs juiced T16's? That's the only T16's I find myself dying in to be honest.. and I do not think they are worth the investment of running.
Really? You don't use Vaal Righteous Fire on Bosses for the free huge damage? It gives almost 1 Mil in DoT DPS from where you are right now.
Arctic Armour isn't really worth it imo.. you don't want to stand still ever, ONLY for Infusion.. or else that will definitely mean death.
You could sacrifice Faster Casting.. but I don't really have a problem with the lack of damage to spam Blight unless we are talking about a wave 20 Simalacrum boss, which they feel way overtuned.
The problem starts to lie with the lack of gem space, that's also one why I do not use a Mark of the Shaper.. the resistances are insanely hard to cap.
I would, it gives a ton of damage; don't get me wrong, but it is extremely unrealistic with the build, so I would rather do something not insanely hard to build around.

On the block build, I'm having second thoughts on doing it, I haven't completely dove into it yet, I have a rough idea of a few different builds, CI max block but it would be very costly and the damage would not be no where near as high as the low-life version.
I also am going to try to get the full low life video out very soon.

On your build, I would get rid of Mark of the Shaper, but it's hard to say what to upgrade, you need boots with higher ES, as for damage, you need some awakened gems, and - Chaos Resistance helm like you said.
I think you should change your ascendancy out - replace Escape Artist for Swift Killer.
This will give you a bit more damage with the Frenzy Charges while you kill things.

Thx for your reply, i've been thinking of replacing the mark of the shaper but haven't found thought of what to replace it with since i don't require any resistances ... it's a dps drop of about 200k from replacing it... maybe i'll give vaal RF a try again with a crusader unset ring.. might be better than using mark of the shaper as i'll be able to get more ES from it. i've been trying to meta craft my boots to give more es/ms but not having a terribly good time with it haha.

The juiced maps i was referring to were just T16s with chisels , alch and sextants, only did t16 full delirium for the challenges. i was really fed up with dying constantly yesterday so i tried using CWDT with immortal call (i also swapped a few skill points around and swapping to energy from naught) and my survivability seems to have improved by alot but i'm unsure if it was the immortal call or the added ES from the tree..

Mb about not noticing that it was recommended to swap escape artist with swift killer after reaching end-game :x.

Looking forward to your video, as all these issues might just be me playing my character wrongly haha.
So I'm trying the low-life one and I'm confused what I'm supposed to do next, because I keep dying in low-tier maps. At the moment I have a bit over 2k hp and almost 3k shield.
"
Daerkenn wrote:
So I'm trying the low-life one and I'm confused what I'm supposed to do next, because I keep dying in low-tier maps. At the moment I have a bit over 2k hp and almost 3k shield.
You can't truly build lowlife without shavronne's, otheriwse chaos damage will insta kill you. 2k hp and 3k ES is low even for a hybrid build, and lowlife means you don't even use life (it'll be all reserved nearly), so you need big pool of ES. I'd aim 6k+ at least. You'd either need bow + soul strike or if you use wand, high ES shield.

Until you can afford shavronne's, you should buy a rare chest with either high evasion + es hybrid, or very high es vaal regalia. I'd aim 550+ ES vaal regalia or 1,2k evasion + 300 es hybrid. You will also need to spend some points on the tree to scale energy shield before you can transition to CI / lowlife and remove life nodes, without ES scaling you won't get much.

"
seikaryuu wrote:

Thx for your reply, i've been thinking of replacing the mark of the shaper but haven't found thought of what to replace it with since i don't require any resistances ... it's a dps drop of about 200k from replacing it... maybe i'll give vaal RF a try again with a crusader unset ring.. might be better than using mark of the shaper as i'll be able to get more ES from it. i've been trying to meta craft my boots to give more es/ms but not having a terribly good time with it haha.
The juiced maps i was referring to were just T16s with chisels , alch and sextants, only did t16 full delirium for the challenges. i was really fed up with dying constantly yesterday so i tried using CWDT with immortal call (i also swapped a few skill points around and swapping to energy from naught) and my survivability seems to have improved by alot but i'm unsure if it was the immortal call or the added ES from the tree..
Mb about not noticing that it was recommended to swap escape artist with swift killer after reaching end-game :x.
Looking forward to your video, as all these issues might just be me playing my character wrongly haha.
Yeah there are a few thing's you need, just some really expensive purchases to be honest to upgrade.
I don't find myself dying in regular juiced T16's with Chisel's at all, unless I am VERY careless.. Only the Delirium Orb Maps.
Yeah the Delirium Orbs are NOT worth the investment imo.. I wasted about 2-3 Ex just seeing if they were worth and they did not seem.
You are good! Just helping out.
Thanks I am trying to get it out but I'm not sure how long it will take me.
"
Daerkenn wrote:
Hi. I am a little confused by your setup.
Do you have a 5-Link Contagion, and not a 5-Link Essence Drain?
Did you watch this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ7nArMY31I

As for your tree, I would recommend making it like this https://pastebin.com/HzGGwF3g

In my opinion, you should go CI and you will have 4300 Energy Shield, which is more life than you had with Energy Shield. You will also be immune to chaos damage.
You will need to drop your Divine Health Flasks and pickup a "Quartz Flask" and a "Jade Flask"
~~~ THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!! ~~~

There is more stuff that you can do but this is definitely the way to start heading
Check out the "Budget Gearing Before Low Life" Section and grab a 6-Link +1 to Socketed Gem Bow and get it crafted with 36-40% chaos damage over time multiplier, and pickup a Soul-Strike Quiver, this will give you an extra 400 Energy Shield.
Buy an Empower Level 3 and you will get a lot more damage.
After getting the bow you will have 4600 Energy Shield and a lot more damage with a TON more survivability.
I also recommend you do Uber Lab to get your last 2 Ascendancy talent points.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Apr 26, 2020, 5:37:57 AM
dis very detailed

i wil try it as me play for 1st time

if i need hlp u hlp me?
"
BigFatMan12 wrote:
dis very detailed

i wil try it as me play for 1st time

if i need hlp u hlp me?
Hi!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it.

Yes, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hello,

I have an essence drain character ( https://pastebin.com/YEMq6NNQ ) which I have had great success with - to a point.

I have what SEEMS to me to be excellent gear, my bow is certainly awesome, and there is nothing OBVIOUS to me that would GREATLY increase my dps, to the neighborhood of several millions more than I already do.

I do about 550,000 chaos dps with ED. Your POB shows you doing over 4 million.

I have messed around with the tree here and there, and can't find out where some of the 3.5 million difference comes from.

1) I am not low life. I know that some damage difference comes therefore from the lack of Pain Attunement. Yet even ticking this off the box changes not so much of the damage.

2) I see a ton of the damage difference is from Auras. I suppose there is no way for me to get these auras without going low-life and using life for reserve eh?

3) Do the awakened gems really make up the remainder of the difference?

4) If I tick off all your low-life-only auras, and the other obvious low-life-only things, you still do over 1 million dps where as I do 550,000

---------------------------

Would you mind taking a look at my POB and telling me where there is room for improvement (without going low life, or is there no other way?) ? I already absolutely destroy mapping content *except for bosses* which is a large exception. If I can get even half your damage, which would be 5x my current damage, I would feel ready to call this an "all around" character.

https://pastebin.com/YEMq6NNQ

THANK YOU!
Last edited by Ludwig_van on May 15, 2020, 1:23:17 AM
@Ludwig_van:

You got no malevolence on your pastebin that's for one.

Also why vixens, you're using only 1 curse, get gloves with chaos dot multi and spell damage and just link bane to despair in your main link (1 curse linked to bane gives it enough damage to beat a support gem).

Your flasks... they're very very basic, you should look into using utility flasks not just life / mana / runspeed.

Stone golem is kinda a waste, you should get so much regen from essence drain rolling you won't even notice a stone golem. You can use flame golem for extra damage or just ditch it altogether and use something better there. Like vaal blight.

Add quality to your support gems, also consider getting awakened void manip./ swift affliction, these are cheap, controlled destruction isn't.

Don't use 11 point cluster jewels. 8 is best, saves you 3 points. Mediums are where the good stuff is though.

If you aren't playing MOM not sure why would you go all the way to pick Quick recovery when Herbalism is more life and 1 less travel point.

If you play hybrid not full ES I'd skip the small 6% nodes that don't lead to notable and just invest in jewel sockets, 1 below melding and 1 below method to the madness. If you want more damage you should pick jewels that have 2-3 damage mods though.

You can also check transcendent mind or eldritch knowledge jewel on witch socket, if that's better than what you have atm.

I don't know how expensive it is, but hunter helmet with -9 chaos res aura would help too.

Same with ditching soul strike and getting hunter quiver with chaos multi.
Last edited by Viktranka on May 16, 2020, 2:22:40 PM
Hello,

First, thank you for this guide.
I'm a beginner and with your description, I can farm T16 map and kill Sirus alone (A1.. :) )

Now I have difficulty surviving. I often die and find the character a bit weak in survival.

I no longer know how to optimize it. I think I bought all the suggested equipment and I hardly progress any more.

Do you have any advice to move forward?

Finally, I allowed myself to take the arcane vision talent because I couldn't see anything in the dark areas with the low life build

Last question : how to see the dps? on my page, I only give you 62k dps, 12k-18k poison DPS and 14k - 22k dps poison critical hits.
edit : on the essence drain skill, I can see 756k dps (but it's not 6m :) )

how did you get 6m?
Last edited by ezekiell51 on May 15, 2020, 5:54:01 AM
Hi, thanks for the build guide. I'm struggling with survival and keep getting one shot by mobs. Any tips for this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info