3.11 Pillar of Caged God Earthquake/Sweep | 11k+ EHP 7M+ DPS | All content down|Videos

thanks for the detailed reply. what do you think the absolute minimum investment would be for gear slightly worse than yours, but still good enough for most bosses and tanking? 15 ex?

also how far do you think this build could go with cheap self crafted gear? for example a 6L str body with an essence of greed used on it, and the 6L pillar staff. gear of that quality should cost no more than 10-15C a piece. could gear of that quality reach t10 maps? t11?
Last edited by aScrollerBoy on Mar 23, 2020, 12:55:55 AM
"
aScrollerBoy wrote:
thanks for the detailed reply. what do you think the absolute minimum investment would be for gear slightly worse than yours, but still good enough for most bosses and tanking? 15 ex?

also how far do you think this build could go with cheap self crafted gear? for example a 6L str body with an essence of greed used on it, and the 6L pillar staff. gear of that quality should cost no more than 10-15C a piece. could gear of that quality reach t10 maps? t11?

Honestly t10 t11 is no problem if you can hit 900 str. I would say around 10ex will bring you late game comfortably, anymore will make it easier as you upgrade stuff
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Just started this build after saving up some currency with a league starter (atm ~lvl 70, ~1100 str).

One thing I was wondering is if the Less Duration Support has any significant impact on the DPS or is it mostly just a QoL thing? I was thinking of swapping it with some more damage because the delay hasn't bothered me that much before when I ran a 5-link without the support. Maybe sub in Impale Support so I don't have to grab Forceful Skewering (and craft a jewel with Deep Cuts).

I'll test it in maps and see how it feels.

I was also looking at the tree and if I want to invest into impale with the new jewels I'll be a bit strapped for points and the increased AoE node up by Elemental Overload seems to be the one that's least necessary. Just stack more int 4head! :D

Loving the build so far!
"
blaqwar wrote:
Just started this build after saving up some currency with a league starter (atm ~lvl 70, ~1100 str).

One thing I was wondering is if the Less Duration Support has any significant impact on the DPS or is it mostly just a QoL thing? I was thinking of swapping it with some more damage because the delay hasn't bothered me that much before when I ran a 5-link without the support. Maybe sub in Impale Support so I don't have to grab Forceful Skewering (and craft a jewel with Deep Cuts).

I'll test it in maps and see how it feels.

I was also looking at the tree and if I want to invest into impale with the new jewels I'll be a bit strapped for points and the increased AoE node up by Elemental Overload seems to be the one that's least necessary. Just stack more int 4head! :D

Loving the build so far!

1.1k str is pretty good already, probably can handle end game easy

I took less duration because we have more than 1 attack/second, without any duration modifiers, earthquake aftershocks once every one second, that is very slow and does affect our dps by quite alot

I did not build hard on impale because we are focusing more on crit and big single hits. I would rather go for cluster jewel notables with chance to deal double damage(force multiplier, Pressure point) than go for impale. Impale isnt even used much maybe except boss fights. We spread ourselves too thin investing also into impale ontop of everything we have at hand right now

As for the aoe, we wouldnt want to throw in too much into stacking int as str is our main focus. Int is more like a by product and good to have. If you do think aoe is enough, you can take out the aoe nodes, i like it because it also gives us attack speed. Faster attack speed = more fluid gameplay
My Builds/Stream

I figured I was missing something, tested it in game and it seems like aftershocks overwrite each other so with 3 attacks I get 2 aftershocks, which is an incredibly dumb mechanic (maybe I should learn to read tooltips, it says it in there).

So less duration is a must.

You might have a point with spreading out too thin but since we already have 40% impale naturally it feels like a waste to not build on it. Big crits/hits are only a benefit for Impale but you are right that it's only used for bosses, everything on the screen dies regardless of impale when it's not a boss.

The issue I have is that I can't evaluate how much Impale is worth because PoB doesn't calculate it properly and I cba doing the calculations myself (bad at math and ZzzzZzzz).

So I'll just take your word for it and go for double damage instead. :P

As one of the previous posters pointed out you don't seem to have any life leech anywhere except for the Berserker leech after killing (you do have mana leech on a jewel). I'm guessing you didn't feel like it was needed? Since if you take a big hit that goes through the shield you can just top off with a flask and you top the shield off with shield leech to prevent yourself from taking more life damage. The only issue with this that I can foresee (I don't have enough energy shield yet to feel the impact myself) is chaos damage. But as you said, need to build chaos resist regardless so that probably mitigates a lot of it.
Last edited by blaqwar on Mar 23, 2020, 12:15:13 PM
"
blaqwar wrote:
I figured I was missing something, tested it in game and it seems like aftershocks overwrite each other so with 3 attacks I get 2 aftershocks, which is an incredibly dumb mechanic (maybe I should learn to read tooltips, it says it in there).

So less duration is a must.

You might have a point with spreading out too thin but since we already have 40% impale naturally it feels like a waste to not build on it. Big crits/hits are only a benefit for Impale but you are right that it's only used for bosses, everything on the screen dies regardless of impale when it's not a boss.

The issue I have is that I can't evaluate how much Impale is worth because PoB doesn't calculate it properly and I cba doing the calculations myself (bad at math and ZzzzZzzz).

So I'll just take your word for it and go for double damage instead. :P

As one of the previous posters pointed out you don't seem to have any life leech anywhere except for the Berserker leech after killing (you do have mana leech on a jewel). I'm guessing you didn't feel like it was needed? Since if you take a big hit that goes through the shield you can just top off with a flask and you top the shield off with shield leech to prevent yourself from taking more life damage. The only issue with this that I can foresee (I don't have enough energy shield yet to feel the impact myself) is chaos damage. But as you said, need to build chaos resist regardless so that probably mitigates a lot of it.

I have an extremely long winded and detailed explanation on how impale scale here on my other build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2558982/page/1

Like what you said, it seemed to be a waste not to build impale when we have some base chance to impale, this is why i set it on the ancestral warchief for additional dps.

As for the leech, ideally we put it on a rare jewel, but honestly on boss fights i dont see it impacting us much. Alternatively, we can use a pure talent and allocate 1 point at duelist start for the leech
My Builds/Stream

Thanks for the link!

One last question, not sure how exactly -% physical damage reduction works but I read since it largely negates armour we're not really interested in that stat (cause we deal damage in big hits).

Asking because there are plenty of new jewel notables that then wouldn't be worth looking at when crafting them.
"
blaqwar wrote:
Thanks for the link!

One last question, not sure how exactly -% physical damage reduction works but I read since it largely negates armour we're not really interested in that stat (cause we deal damage in big hits).

Asking because there are plenty of new jewel notables that then wouldn't be worth looking at when crafting them.

Our hits are too huge for us to care about that stat. Ophidian aim gives us just enough, there is no need to invest additional points onto it
My Builds/Stream

solid build, been using it this league - so far so good! just wish i could cast earthquake faster overall. thank you for the write up!
poe media launchpad: https://pathofexile.media
character showcase: https://youtube.com/@desmosthenes
Last edited by desmosthenes2 on Mar 23, 2020, 12:56:04 PM
why do you use ES leech gem if your gear is (mostly) focused on HP? you mention you need it but I don't understand why

also can I swap the 6 gem setup from the staff and body armor? or does the earthquake setup need to be on the staff?
Last edited by aScrollerBoy on Mar 24, 2020, 7:54:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info