[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

This build isn't dead. I've modified it and the build got better at bossing than before patch. Sirus 8, no problem at all. Clear speed does suffer since I need to recast brands each time I move but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.
Last edited by ExtoExta on Jun 20, 2020, 6:44:11 PM
"
ExtoExta wrote:
This build isn't dead. I've modified it and the build got better at bossing than before patch. Sirus 8, no problem at all. Clear speed does suffer since I need to recast brands each time I move but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

any guide/ pastebin i can follow? any chance u streaming?
"
zivilia wrote:
"
ExtoExta wrote:

any guide/ pastebin i can follow? any chance u streaming?

I would but I don't don't actually know how to do any of those. Let me find out how and get back to you.

P.S. Installed Path of Building but can't import build because for some reason my account is set to private even though I've removed all privacy. Asked in forum how to fix this issue.

P.S.S. In the meantime, Sirus 8 deathless with current build. Gonna stick with this build for 3 more months.

P.S.S.S. Just recorded another Sirus 8 deathless run. I'll add pastebin as soon as I can. I messed up positioning of Sirus so the run took longer than usual =/

https://youtu.be/0NmibC4wOzI

Last edited by ExtoExta on Jun 22, 2020, 6:45:29 PM
Finally got that PoB link: https://pastebin.com/UKkGL0r2

Also, Sirus no-death clear video: https://youtu.be/0NmibC4wOzI

I had two goals:

1. Be able to do all content with ease on SSF
2. Reach lvl 100 on SSF

I specifically chose this build because it was defensive/mobile enough. However I felt there was room for improvement. To achieve my goal I've slightly modified the build as followed:

Passive Changes

Removed: Coordination, Blood Drinker, Resourcefulness, related basic nodes as well as 2 additional nodes that add life/chaos resists near Purity of Flesh

Added: Ethereal Feast (Important), Arcane Focus (Optional), Explosive Runes (Important), Sanctum of Thought, Faith and Steel. Allocated Diamond Skin for now but once I craft a better necklace I will allocate Soul of Steel.

Leeching was important addition to the build because I crafted this glove for better damage output and more importantly increased survivability significantly.

I found armour to be underrated. While it's not as effective against difficult bosses, it is super effective for leveling purposes. If you also plan on hitting lvl 100 I recommend having 6~8k armour without using flasks. This jewel can help, preferably a corrupted version with a desired stat.

I was lucky enough to find two body pieces below but you can clear Sirus w/ a unique such as Belly of the Beast.

For leveling immunity to freeze is a godsend, and this build is immune to ALL ailments! I can only remove bleed w/ flasks atm, boot is too difficult to obtain.

Gem Changes

3-link: Flame Dash - Culling Strike - Arcane Surge Support

Removed Brand Recall, pointless to have now. I use both Shield Charge and Flame Dash very often so this change works for me. May not work for you. Culling Strike is nice to have against Sirus and other bosses as you can see from my video. Just skip to the end to see.

4-link: Ball lightning - Onslaught Support - Blind Support - Added Lightning Damage Support

Ball Lightning is mainly for sustained Onslaught against bosses. I used to use a flask for it but it's too expensive even with charges gained mods (i.e. 5 charge per crit). Slapped blind support for extra layer of defense and added lightning is to activate Onslaught against trash mobs since I need to be able to kill.

4-link: Herald of Thunder - Zealotry - Precision - Enlighten Support

Not much change here. Replaced Herald of Ice with Precision. You don't need Herald of Ice since you still freeze mobs just fine without it. Precision not only increases your damage output it frees up your mana. Latter part is important because you need to be able to recast your brands quickly.

Flasks

These are the main ones I use but I change them around depending on map mods and/or bosses. Got lucky with a Bottled Faith but maybe overrated? I don't really notice a whole lot of difference tbo.

Pantheon
Typically Lunaris/Shakari
For Sirus Arakaali/Ryslatha (replace a flask with health flask w/ bleed immunity & instant recovery

**For leveling, things to watch out for**

1. Map mods below:

- Reflect and no hp/mana gain mods are the worst, always avoid those. Reduced hp/mana gain sucks too but not that bad.

- More than one monster/unique damage increase mods stacked

- Multiple projectiles. This is more dangerous than it seems, can get shotgunned while they are protected by invincibility aura. If your chaos resist is low you can get shotgunned by bunch of cobras waiting in narrow corridors too.

- Minus maximum player resistances. Resistance curse is bad too if you can't hit 75% elemental resists with curse.

2. Optionals such as Metamorph, Monoliths (Monolith bosses can 1 shot you even w/ heavy defenses), etc.

3. Server lag. I'd just play another char when it's "that day" and you're trying to hit 98~100.

4. Corrupted blood, if you don't have bleed immunity. If you happen to not have the flask charge when you have stacks of corrupted blood well, shit.

5. Bosses, especially Sirus, Queen Atziri, Uber Elder, Syndicate mastermind, bosses w/ reflect or one shot mechanics, etc.

6. AFK in map. Think you're in safe spot? Go to town or finish the map just in case.

Note: I haven't had any issues with any curses since my resists are capped even with curses.

Note II: For early leveling just slap on best uniques you can get your hands on and work toward upgrades asap.

Last edited by ExtoExta on Jun 24, 2020, 3:03:11 PM
PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/UKkGL0r2
Last edited by ExtoExta on Jun 23, 2020, 3:12:50 PM
"
ExtoExta wrote:

Hey, nice update! I always wanted to play storm brand but skipped some leagues... Im playing trade league, would you recommend this build with your update as a good andgame build that can kill bosses and what not?

I'm looking for a caster build that has a good balance between dmg and defense.
Last edited by Kalithas on Jun 24, 2020, 9:28:49 AM
"
Kalithas wrote:
"
ExtoExta wrote:

Hey, nice update! I always wanted to play storm brand but skipped some leagues... Im playing trade league, would you recommend this build with your update as a good endgame build that can kill bosses and what not?

I'm looking for a caster build that has a good balance between dmg and defense.

Thanks Kalithas!

As you can see from my video this build is definitely a good balance between damage and defense. Due to the build's defensive capabilities you will rarely die even when pushing boundaries.

If you're in a trade league well, you're going to be off to a quick start!

That said, since the 3.11 patch this build did get clunky so I don't know if I can recommend the build to you, it really depends on whether you are okay with it or not.

Previously you did not need to recast storm brand very often because brand recall skill used to keep the storm brands alive. If you don't want to push buttons too much you can go ahead and skip the lightning ball 4-link and do something else with those slots instead. You can even limit your movement skill to just shield charge. In that case all you'd be doing will be recasting lightning brands and popping flasks, much less clunky. Maybe once you get used to the build you can add the lightning balls. What you do is cast the brands, then alternate between ball/brand.

Map clear speed is below average. Here's a short video of a typical mapping so you have an idea. This is an ideal T16 20% quality map for leveling purposes. Easy mods, open space, easy boss.

Map clear video: https://youtu.be/Lk-VoqLvZkg

Let me know what you think!

P.S. Note that I have yet to try the energy shield build that MetalCrawler posted. From the look of it it seems much higher DPS but I'm not sure about its defensive capabilities, which is why I have not yet tried it. I will after reaching lvl 100.

Last edited by ExtoExta on Jun 24, 2020, 4:02:23 PM
Changed the build up a bit.

Lightning Ball - Arcane Surge - Blind Support - Onslaught Support works better for bossing.

On weapon I now have Flame Dash - Second Wind Support - Culling Strike Support.
Any 3.12 update?
"
ExtoExta wrote:
Any 3.12 update?

Hey in your modified version where are you getting your chill from if you are dropping HoI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info