[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

Uber Elder down finally whew!!

So.. is this build dead now with upcoming changes?
"
ExtoExta wrote:
So.. is this build dead now with upcoming changes?
technically not..
I hope its not dead with all the cool new Brand memes coming!IF not this is starter build.
There was a twitter response from GGG that blocking has also been nerfed in some way.
was great while it last ...... now .... well i expect that someone will try and tell us that it continues being op too ... but i dont think so. they have nerfed it TOO much with brands being unmovable
Did the build survive NERFEST?
"
gabolaman wrote:
Did the build survive NERFEST?

I haven`t played brands before in endgame, just for leveling purposes, and was thinking about doing this build as a league starter...

from what i`ve seen, listened to on ytube and read in patch notes, i don`t really think this build is nerfed much. storm brand only lost 10% damage effectiveness, while gaining base crit chance and also more frequent activation.
and since this doesn`t use archmage support, it doesn`t suffer a lot.
sure, you`d lose some clear speed, since you have to stop now and recast brands, but i don`t consider that a big nerf ( i mean, look at BW or WO, they`ve been nerfed often, and you also have to stop several times to get stacks back up, but they`re still powerfull skills. )

also, if anyone has this build in standard, before the new patch goes live, how about trying to do a map without using brand recall at all, but instead recasting brands... shouldn`t that be similar to what new patch will do?
Last edited by TomTheBloody on Jun 17, 2020, 4:48:42 PM
As long as I understand the brands won't move from where there are activated so .... Imho too much nerf
"
raikolin wrote:
As long as I understand the brands won't move from where there are activated so .... Imho too much nerf

i think it was, if the monster the brand is attached to dies, then brand returns to original position, but, from what i remember about duration and cooldown numbers, you can use brand recall once, maybe twice with duration and cooldown increases and reductions, so, the new spot where brand moves after monster dies is to the recalled position.
so, i don`t think that`s a big issue, considering that you`re always moving from pack to pack, just now the rotation is slightly bigger.
pack = brand cast -> monsters die as you move to next pack -> brand recall, brand cast once or twice to keep stack count if needed ( depending on CDR and duration ) move on to next pack and start this from beginning...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info