[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

"
LOKAPANDA wrote:
Hello,
-I see a lot of big player using "Crown of the inward Eye", if we manage to cap our resistance without helmet do you recommand it ?

-I hope that you will update the "crafting" session soon !

Thank you

Hello!

So, Crown is a nice item if you can't anoint tranquility since Transfiguration of Mind gives around 15% damage.

But the problem is, we lose too much ES compared to a 270+ Energy Shield Helmet. And unless you are playing a hybrid variation (Life Build) you wont get much from other stats. But again, if you are playing a hybrid variation you probably aint using Transfigurations anyway...

So its not a Best In Slot item, but it is great for league starting.

I will start putting my crafting tips now since more ppl are interested in the build!

GL!
Last edited by MetalCrawler on Mar 1, 2020, 11:33:02 AM
Hey!

Love the guide, it is very well written and concise!

I was thinking of trying storm brand as a league starter, messed around with it up through A4 to get an idea of how it plays, only concern I have for league start is the single target damage really feels lacking compared to some other builds I've started as. Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong?
"
Nyrri wrote:
Hey!

Love the guide, it is very well written and concise!

I was thinking of trying storm brand as a league starter, messed around with it up through A4 to get an idea of how it plays, only concern I have for league start is the single target damage really feels lacking compared to some other builds I've started as. Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong?

Thank you!!

I've done 2 speedruns as a templar.

Did you follow the Leveling Guide/POB from Life Build?

You can compare your items to my Rare Items from the Gear Section (Leveling Guide) to see why you are not doing damage.

Usually, the problem is the wands. We really need to upgrade the gear as we go thru Acts.

You can check my leveling tips to get some help and you should be good to go.

EDIT: Yea I saw your wands. They are very weak. You want to craft some increased lightning damage and try to get a better Adds X to X Lightning Damage to Spells tier. If you are not having luck with transmutation/alteration or orb of alchemy. Look for the variations of these:
(assuming you are on trade league) only this mod should be enough to blow all acts.

Last edited by MetalCrawler on Mar 1, 2020, 3:11:02 PM
Thanks!

Upgraded at least one of my wands and that helped a ton, plus finally getting a useable 4L for Storm Brand.

Unfortunately going SSF for this trial run to simulate league start as much as I can, haha.

I also found Orb of Storms with Storm Burst to be a powerful ST combo over Frost Bomb while levelling.

Thanks for all the help! Cheers
Kudos! Nicely written guide... Even though in metamorph I more or less gave up on a stormbrand build (since it was build around trickster/assisin, was something else before), I'll still intend to give it a go in next league.

I'll definitely bookmark this thread !!!
"
Nyrri wrote:
Thanks!

Upgraded at least one of my wands and that helped a ton, plus finally getting a useable 4L for Storm Brand.

Unfortunately going SSF for this trial run to simulate league start as much as I can, haha.

I also found Orb of Storms with Storm Burst to be a powerful ST combo over Frost Bomb while levelling.

Thanks for the tip on Orb of Storms, I will definitely try it again and mention it on the leveling guide.
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Kudos! Nicely written guide... Even though in metamorph I more or less gave up on a stormbrand build (since it was build around trickster/assisin, was something else before), I'll still intend to give it a go in next league.

Thanks bro and Good luck next league.

I've played Assassin variation. I actually use Storm Brand for single target in the Bomber build that I was using to clear t16 in seconds.

Assassin is a better mapper and Trickster a better Bosser.

Inquisitor is in the middle os he is perfect for people who don't wanna have many chars to do different stuff and also doesn't require too much currency like Eternity Shroud Storm Brand Trickster.
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
Nyrri wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks for the tip on Orb of Storms, I will definitely try it again and mention it on the leveling guide.

I would like to amend that - if you have the spare 4L while leveling, Storm Burst, Cast While Channeling, Arc, and Innervate Support is a FANTASTIC combo for anything beefy. Plus gives your Storm Brand the Innervate buff for some more damage.

One quick question - I've noticed a couple storm brand guides pick up some accuracy nodes or a lvl 1 precision, is accuracy worth anything while using a spell? Thanks!

Edit: Storm Burst not OoS. But also OoS if you can fit it haha
Last edited by Nyrri on Mar 2, 2020, 4:42:39 PM
"
Nyrri wrote:
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
Nyrri wrote:
Thanks!

I would like to amend that - if you have the spare 4L while leveling, Orb of Storms, Cast While Channeling, Arc, and Innervate Support is a FANTASTIC combo for anything beefy. Plus gives your Storm Brand the Innervate buff for some more damage.

One quick question - I've noticed a couple storm brand guides pick up some accuracy nodes or a lvl 1 precision, is accuracy worth anything while using a spell? Thanks!

Nope, you don't need accuracy. Precision lvl 1 is usually for 2 reasons:

1 - You have enough mana pool to reserve (Enlighten Support 3+) and a free socket so why not pick up the 40%+ critical strike chance?

2 - You have the 50%+ Critical Strike Multiplier Watcher's Eye.

I also think Orb Of Storms and Arc is amazing. My assassin uses Orb Of Storm for clearing, but I like to keep things simple since it is not easy to find a 4-link and you will have to drop orb of storms at some point since its hard to fit in and Storm Brand does everything very well with an average wand.

One idea is to find a nice and friendly Guild. People will share items on league starting so it becomes very easy to get to maps on the first day and also to get a nice rare wand.
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:

Thanks bro and Good luck next league.

I've played Assassin variation. I actually use Storm Brand for single target in the Bomber build that I was using to clear t16 in seconds.

Assassin is a better mapper and Trickster a better Bosser.

Inquisitor is in the middle os he is perfect for people who don't wanna have many chars to do different stuff and also doesn't require too much currency like Eternity Shroud Storm Brand Trickster.

Yeah I just looked at your assissin build.. Very interesting with the herald of thunder thing? Does that actually work well? Haven't seen a guide to a build like that before.

Doesn't look cheap though.
Last edited by Zweetsok on Mar 3, 2020, 4:25:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info