Yes
19350.79%
No
11630.53%
Don't Care
7118.68%
"
Zephyroth wrote:
I voted no, lore-wise you have been exiled to the island alone and it's inhabitants aren't exactly a friendly bunch that will accompany and assist you as you fight monsters.

More importantly for me is gameplay-wise would the game be balanced around having the mercenary or not? If it's balanced on not having one, hiring one will make the game easy, if you balance it around having one, people who don't enjoy using mercenaries will struggle.

I also think very likely as Zephyr. Balancing out would be a total huge time consuming job, considering current stage of game still far from balance after so many months passed. We already have totems and (even with dumb)minions which make the (already) easy game into a piece of cake, not to be forgotten.

So it would be much better if GGG spends their precious time on other things, such as implementing great AI's, desync problems that puts many people off and such.

Considering that scaling difficulty takes already so long time, i do not want to think how long it would take even more time to balance it out with mercs...

Also lore-wise it just won't fit despite how great they could be implemented is out of question imo.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Sep 27, 2012, 5:10:41 PM
A merc that picks up items of ur choosing would be nice. like superiors, rares 5L 6L etc.

Just put some interface in the merc screen that lets u choose which items he should pick up.

Also could add some kind of aura to a merc that benefits your character.
"
BrutalAnakha wrote:
A merc that picks up items of ur choosing would be nice. like superiors, rares 5L 6L etc.

Just put some interface in the merc screen that lets u choose which items he should pick up.

Also could add some kind of aura to a merc that benefits your character.

that would be ideal

Just like what they added in Torchlight 2

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/tl2itemddisplay.png
Last edited by AllGamer on Sep 28, 2012, 5:44:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info