Arctic Armour

This gem i guess would be sick with a pure evasion char. Unfortunately acrobatics removes ES so you can't use EB for the high mana drain.
"
onomastikon wrote:
"
MajorThor wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Arctic Armour has no mana cost (or more correctly, 0 mana reservation - it's a mana reservation skill that's turned on and off like tempest shield or auras). While it's up, you have degen on your mana - this is not a mana cost. It stops working when you have no mana.

Blood Magic support works with the skill (you reserve 0 life instead of 0 mana), but blood magic only affects costs/reservations, it does not, and never has, affected regen or degen on either resource. The Blood Magic keystone removes your mana, and thus since you never have any, you can't have the skill going - exactly like Righteous fire (which turns of at 1 life) adn CI (only ever 1 life). This is intentional.

Worthless.

Only to you, fool.

So wait, it works with the gem or no?

I see, it works with the gem, but if you have the node activated it wont work at all.

And the part that works for the gem is the reservation cost, which is 0, so it's irrelevant anyways.

Basically... no mana = no arctic armor.
IGN: Oryas or iicycloneii or Leveiup
Last edited by ArionSHFL on Mar 20, 2013, 12:38:05 PM
When standing still I find that the ground ice affecting mobs around you is inconsistent - I think it is because the range is so small that mobs with long weapons are out of reach or something? Seems strange because I use Claws and yet the mob I just attacked was unaffected, so perhaps only mobs that for some reason get closer than needed for you to attack them get chilled; the other thought is that the size of the mob's avatar affects how close they are and thus weather or not they get chilled

I think the size of the ice/chill patch needs to be increased just a tad to ensure that the mobs around you in melee range are chilled, because without that effect the cost is unjustifiable.

I want to reiterate that it should be an INT/DEX skill or even just a straight up INT skill because of the mana cost - anyone who is not straight INT or EB is not going to be leveling up this gem much if any at all.

Perhaps the width/diameter of the ice patch could scale with gem level? That would certainly give people like me reason to level up the gem because the chill effect for 1v1 fights is a big reason to use it and chilling some nearby archers or something at higher gem levels could make leveling it more appealing.

Finally there does need to be a more pronounced indication that the buff has been turned off, something as noticeable as when it is turned on.

I am changing my grade to A- overall and C/C+ for my own character.
So with this skill my character looks and plays like Singed from LoL now :D
R.I.P 4.B.
I'm kind of disappointed this doesn't work with BM. Here's why:

There are times where I have enough HP regen to feel sufficiently tanky against a small number of mobs, but that gets dicey against larger packs of smaller-hitting mobs. I don't run much armor with these types of builds. Being able to basically trade some of my HP regen for phys/fire damage reduction seems like a decent way to adjust your defenses. I might go from 80hp/s to 30hp/s regen, if AA is "costing" me 50 mana per second, but I gain reduction. Think of this as situational reapplication of defensive abilities.

Please consider making this have an actual mana cost per second, instead of operating as a degen.
Ello there peeps,

Someone mentioned a synergy with incinerate earlier, and this skill seems to work real nicely.

Took this skill to my witch right of the bat, am running Vitality,Purity and Determination from my manapool, keaving me with around 70 mana.

All spells i use are linked with bloodmagic (Incinerate,Moltenshell,Enduringcry,Enfeeble,and Flammability)

So basicaly had the "leftover" mana with no use, desited to include clarity with bloodmagic in toolkint and wham, atm i have only lvl 14 clarity and level 13 Arctic shield, -> when not mowin i dont use mana at all...

My build was allready focused on mitigating damage with high armor and maxin endurance charges, this skill works nicely in synergy with high armor / endurance charges since all physical/fire hits (Voidbears) you are taking are allready quite small, resulting in most of physical damage dealing mobs ending dealing flat 0 damage to you :)

here is a link to the build i am using.... Feel free to comment suggest...

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAdwCcQSzBS0MfQz3EH8RLRLhGS4aOBv6HRQfAiQlJd8n7SkuLdI2xTbYNuk62DwtPfxHfk3YUFBUSVXGVw1YY1nzXz9gS2EhZU1mnmebdO14DXq4eu98uIP3hNmE74dljHaMz46-j0aQVZHOksGcLZ8-ogCi6qQZpwinhKluq8Wsqq6Tr2y18rc-uJO77b6KwBrE9sWKxp7GrsbYz2XQ0NSP2CTZYd-w4urjaudS6dXsOOxV7w7wH_Fs8932SPrS
"
Fillmore wrote:
When standing still I find that the ground ice affecting mobs around you is inconsistent - I think it is because the range is so small that mobs with long weapons are out of reach or something? Seems strange because I use Claws and yet the mob I just attacked was unaffected, so perhaps only mobs that for some reason get closer than needed for you to attack them get chilled; the other thought is that the size of the mob's avatar affects how close they are and thus weather or not they get chilled

I think the size of the ice/chill patch needs to be increased just a tad to ensure that the mobs around you in melee range are chilled, because without that effect the cost is unjustifiable.

They could make it so the longer you aren't moving, the larger the size of the ice patch becomes.
so like... a defense/AoE(without damage) version of incinerate?
The skill would be stupidly OP with blood magic. People need to realise they need to make choices about what buffs/auras they will be using instead of assuming their character should be able to incorporate every skill into their build.
"
guvnor wrote:
The skill would be stupidly OP with blood magic. People need to realise they need to make choices about what buffs/auras they will be using instead of assuming their character should be able to incorporate every skill into their build.
This skill is stupidly OP because it only buff the playstyle that need the least buffs at the moment. Its development and release should have been delayed,
Please pardon my bad english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info