Arctic Armour

"
topeight wrote:
So after thinking about the skill for awhile I have come to see that it is not as bad as I originally said it was. The problem with the skill is that it really does not work for any current character in the game. You have to design a character from scratch to specifically use this gem. This is a good thing to add skills that spark entirely new builds just sucks that I had already made characters that I planned to use it on. It is a pretty big boost to the mana nodes on the skill tree and mana in general in a game dominated by blood magic. Just going to be a really niche skill as mana heavy melee builds tend to not work very well. I'm working on something that just may work though, well see.

It works fine for anyone who happened to make an eldritch battery build. This skill alone is the biggest buff my character has ever recieved.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I would like to keep this gem at level 1 as a kiting tool, but the ice patch is worthless because it is too narrow and the skill does not work with elemental proliferation.
[quote="Path of Exile forums"]Draft out of sync.[/quote]
"
artemis42 wrote:
I would like to keep this gem at level 1 as a kiting tool, but the ice patch is worthless because it is too narrow and the skill does not work with elemental proliferation.

I agree that the patch is too small/narrow, that is the one thing that needs to be buffed about this skill - it should get bigger as the gem levels imho.

As for not working with EP I think it would be unbalanced since EP does no affect the mana degeneration since it is not a cost; from a technical point of view I think it doesn't work because the chill is not caused by the AA but is instead caused by the ground ice (seems like a number of skills work by creating an effect which in turn creates another effect and thus support gems cannot affect the final effect).
I think this should be affect by reduced mana, such as less mana drain with it. The mana drain is HUGE
look at me! i m running! woooo! look at the awesome ice trail i m doing!

can i cast skills? yeah! but if i do i may run out of mana to run!

run! run! run!

* * gets flicker strike spammed to death * *
[Removed by Support]
Hi, so what kind of support gem is functional when linked to icy armor? BM and reduced mana won't work, maybe increase area effect ?
kinda counter-conceptive to gem linkage design IMO.
maybe we will have more support gem design for this kind of skill in the future.
In principle, I like the tradeoffs between mana drain and protection. The ground ice is a nice added niche.
In this case, however, I'd like to see the protection increased, if not substantially, then at least noticeably. Another option would be to have Arctic Armour also give slight protection against critical hits and chilling / freezing status ailments (since you are already enveloped in coldness).
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
One thing nobody has said yet:
Racing. Particularly - Turbo Races
even leaving the gem at level 1.
When running from leveling zone to leveling zone, slowing monsters for low cost would be huge.

As an acrobatics user, Im stoked to have any dmg reduction to go with my evasion/block/dodge and resists.

If the mana costs are getting super ridiculous, STOP LEVELING IT
so far the only skill people really keep an eye on the mana cost of is Clarity.
perhaps you should stop saying "DOESNT WORK WITH BM = Useless" and rethink using BM on your character...
Maybe its time to change your cookie cutter build
"
TheKamshaft wrote:
One thing nobody has said yet:
Racing. Particularly - Turbo Races
even leaving the gem at level 1.
When running from leveling zone to leveling zone, slowing monsters for low cost would be huge.

As an acrobatics user, Im stoked to have any dmg reduction to go with my evasion/block/dodge and resists.

If the mana costs are getting super ridiculous, STOP LEVELING IT
so far the only skill people really keep an eye on the mana cost of is Clarity.
perhaps you should stop saying "DOESNT WORK WITH BM = Useless" and rethink using BM on your character...
Maybe its time to change your cookie cutter build

You win the thread.

Seriously, even at level 1, just for the slowing effect, this skill rocks.

Finally got eldritch Battery and am Absolutely loving it with my Duelist.
Too bad this skill doesn't work with BM. I'm running BM LA ranger build and this skill kinda may compensate determination aura for BM builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info