MAGIC FIND (Quantity / Rarity). What you need to know

"
arcon97 wrote:

Sorry if the 'I Win' button makes you use 2 skills instead of 1.

Yeah, I just use poison arrow (linked with lesser multishot) to drain a crowds health and finish them off with a quantity/rarity linked split arrow shot.
*Now with added Kiwi*
(His name is Colin)
So even if we hit a target (not them just walking into it a cloud) it still doesn't trigger a "MF" Flag on the mob ?

I can understand why it wouldn't effect a mob walking into a cloud and dying to the degen.

But I feel that if i target/shoot a mob (and or chain fire each one) they the ones that are hit by my initial attack should catch a flag of "+MF" which would take effect when they died.... Even if their final death came at the hand of the cloud itself.

So lets say 10 mobs coming at me.

I shoot 3 with rapid shots , 10 die from the cloud caused by the first three shots but 7 of them never had a direct hit from me having never shoot an arrow at them. Then 3/7 mobs would have the MF boost attached to them when they died because the flag was triggered on impact from the "blow"

Well dang.... I really shouldn't have read this post. I agree with the end-game design being about farming for that better piece of equipment and when I see these guys take on multi-groups in chaos with 4 other players around I was always like, 'ok mf higher and must get better loots so I can be just like them' and now my carrot just poofed.

All other abilities cost far too much mana, so poison was the only way I've found to be able to survive in Chaos (it's does really good damage & costs less mana) and I go very slowly (even with my Ranger before the last wipe) and now I just learned this bit of news - it's very disheartening to know just how many hours I've wasted trying to get my mf higher /sigh.

ATM the game design is forget about damage nodes for the most part. You need your hp extremely high as (evasion is useless) you will get hit no matter how fast you are. A nice big tree, play any way you want but you can't survive Chaos unless you go a very specific route.

Yes, this is the way I feel and I am casual player. I'm not hard core enough for this game, laugh all you want but I'm finished.

Thank you for the time you've given me GGG.

"
Keester wrote:
Well dang.... I really shouldn't have read this post. I agree with the end-game design being about farming for that better piece of equipment and when I see these guys take on multi-groups in chaos with 4 other players around I was always like, 'ok mf higher and must get better loots so I can be just like them' and now my carrot just poofed.

All other abilities cost far too much mana, so poison was the only way I've found to be able to survive in Chaos (it's does really good damage & costs less mana) and I go very slowly (even with my Ranger before the last wipe) and now I just learned this bit of news - it's very disheartening to know just how many hours I've wasted trying to get my mf higher /sigh.

ATM the game design is forget about damage nodes for the most part. You need your hp extremely high as (evasion is useless) you will get hit no matter how fast you are. A nice big tree, play any way you want but you can't survive Chaos unless you go a very specific route.

Yes, this is the way I feel and I am casual player. I'm not hard core enough for this game, laugh all you want but I'm finished.

Thank you for the time you've given me GGG.

Just fyi this is only related to the additional MF from a linked support gem. Any rarity/quantity on gear is still going to generate extra drops.
Are there any actual numbers documented anywhere that show the actual chances of different rarity items dropping?

I'd like to ask something: Assuming i have 100% +rare chance just by having gold rings or item properties, HENCE NO GEMS, will this bonus apply to DoTs?

I'm talking about normal magic find you get from items AND NOT GEMS.
Yes, that does work as per Mark. I'll update the OP.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Ice Nova builds pimped out with all the range and spell / cold damage and critical perks seem to be incredibly effective for farming purposes, I love mine very much, its like pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew on all the trash mobs, though useless on bosses but I have glacial hammer for those :)
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
The game needs some way of telling you "No, don't do that. It won't work." in regards to skill/support gem combos. It may be as simple as not letting you add a support gem to a linked skill if they are incompatible.

HAVE THE LINK LIGHT UP WHEN A SKILL AND SUPPORT GEM BECOME ACTIVE ONCE SOCKETED... IF IT DOESNT LIGHT UP...IT IS NOT COMPATABLE (JUST LIKE THE SKILL MAP LIGHTS UP)
"
Reznorz wrote:
The game needs some way of telling you "No, don't do that. It won't work." in regards to skill/support gem combos. It may be as simple as not letting you add a support gem to a linked skill if they are incompatible.

HAVE THE LINK LIGHT UP WHEN A SKILL AND SUPPORT GEM BECOME ACTIVE ONCE SOCKETED... IF IT DOESNT LIGHT UP...IT IS NOT COMPATABLE (JUST LIKE THE SKILL MAP LIGHTS UP)

good idea
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info