MAGIC FIND (Quantity / Rarity). What you need to know

"
Khodar wrote:
Can someone please clear this for me:

1. Does my characters +rarity and +quantity work with Minion Instability?
From gear? Yes. Your minions are awarded the kill, so their base IIR and IIQ are combined with yours and applied.

"
Khodar wrote:
2. Do Quality/Quantity gems linked to minion gems work when those minions explode due to Minion Instabilty?
Not at the moment - due to an engine limitation, minion instability can't deal damage - it just works out how much damage would be dealt, and subtracts it from life.
In the future, Minion Instability will hopefully be able to actually deal damage, and will thus trigger all effects that require dealing damage, such as burning, and the IIR/IIQ supports.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 16, 2012, 12:27:28 AM
are all IIQ/IIR modifiers additive or are there dimishing returns in there someplace?
"
Asmosis wrote:
are all IIQ/IIR modifiers additive or are there dimishing returns in there someplace?
They are all additive.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
GGG (or anyone who may have heard somewhere), any update on degen and MF? Specifically if there's still an intention to get the MF supports working on the degens?

I've shelved my PoisonArrow/EleHit build for many months, but I'd like to rebuild him once I know the qual gems work on PA or other degens.

I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
"
Psomm wrote:
GGG (or anyone who may have heard somewhere), any update on degen and MF? Specifically if there's still an intention to get the MF supports working on the degens?

I've shelved my PoisonArrow/EleHit build for many months, but I'd like to rebuild him once I know the qual gems work on PA or other degens.

Nice move necromancer. Nice move.
"
CzarRazc wrote:
"
Psomm wrote:

Nice move necromancer. Nice move.

"I command thee to Rise again for thou hast work to do!"

:)

Thread is relevant and informative, not only to new testers but to the future of how MF works on degen. It's best practice to use existing threads on the subject for updates.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Wow so culling strike does not support mf

damn, no wonder i get much less drop while trying out power siphon, such an useless skill
IGN : Hungryneko
Might also want to add that skills with IIR and IIQ DOES NOT work with breakables.

It's clearly stated in the support feedback that they do not; but there are still many people think it does.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
"
wxyjac wrote:
Might also want to add that skills with IIR and IIQ DOES NOT work with breakables.

It's clearly stated in the support feedback that they do not; but there are still many people think it does.
The support gems themselves clearly state that they apply to slain enemies. Unless people think breakable chests are alive and have a vendetta against them, it should be apparent that breakables aren't enemies and cannot be slain.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Good thread. I don't think it would be fair to apply IIR and IIQ support gems to DoT, the gems are clearly about choosing to kill enemies with a particular skill to reap its benefits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info