[3.9] Self-Cast Ice Nova Necromancer [This build does not work anymore]

Same as guy above, switched from spectres/zombies to try out this build. Previous one was great DPS but lack some survivability. So i hoped this one will do the trick. But i die pretty much still. Could somebody check if i made some mistake somewhere. Few times i died from corrupted blood so i changed jewel to see if it will help suriviability, but nope, still dying from something...

Died from legion very easy. Died from Chimera. And few times from mobs on map. Maps was safe, no reflect or anything too bad.

Could you check if i failed build somewhere pls?

POB:
https://pastebin.com/bq003hRb

Spoiler

"
Hamrfall wrote:
Hello, I respec'd from an off-brand zombie build to this intriguing one. Any way I can get someone to look at my toon and give some advice. I only have 1 ex to spend. My issue seems to be damage and I assume that will improve as I level the gems some more. I'm having trouble with tier 5 bosses and metamorphs. Is frozen trail worth using? How important is that legion gem because it was at 160 chaos earlier today?

You should use the passive tree in the guide, not the one I'm using now. My tree is tweaked because I got a good Lethal Pride after 30 divine orbs. This is too expensive for you and the benefit of getting Lethal Pride is not big anyway. Take Spiritual Aid and Arcane Potency Clusters.

Other things to improve:
1. Don't use frozen trail. It increases the projectile speed of frostbolt too much.
2. Use recommended flasks, at least a diamond flask. It grants you 30% more damage.
3. Any 1c amulet is better than the one you are using now. Look for an amulet with cold damage leech and 60+ life.
4. Buy a level 21 vaal ice nova gem (currently 30c).
5. Because your boots have armour, your self-damage per cast is less than 528 damage (corrent me if I'm wrong). This means your proc frequency of spirit offering is halved. If you decide to buy level 21 vaal ice nova, the mana cost will increase and the problem is solved. If not, buy another pair of boots without armour.
"
Danzanus wrote:
Same as guy above, switched from spectres/zombies to try out this build. Previous one was great DPS but lack some survivability. So i hoped this one will do the trick. But i die pretty much still. Could somebody check if i made some mistake somewhere. Few times i died from corrupted blood so i changed jewel to see if it will help suriviability, but nope, still dying from something...

Died from legion very easy. Died from Chimera. And few times from mobs on map. Maps was safe, no reflect or anything too bad.

I think your gear is decent. I would look for more ES, but this setup should be good enough to do all content deathless.
I guess the problem is the way you play the game, not the build. Here are some advice:
Legion
1) pop vaal grace and flasks when the encounter begins.
2) kill normal/magic mobs first. Rares and Uniques are tanky but not threatening.
3) move a lot. What you are supposed to do is move, cast, move, cast, ... Don't cast ice nova twice in a row at the same position.

Chimera
1) This fight lasts longer than normal boss fights, so you will more likely run out of flask charges. Therefore, curse mods are especially dangerous. I would say a single vulnerability or elemental weakness mod is more dangerous than three damage mods. Always reroll these curse mods unless you are confident.
2) Create a portal when you enter the arena and use it when you run out of flask charges.
3) The true boss is not chimera himself but the mob that spawn at the bottom right. Make sure that you use all the utility flasks against it and dodge the projectiles it fires.
Hey can anyone clarify about intensify support? Right now my mana cost is 154 which is not enough because intensify charge reduce mana cost. Im trying use fevered mind/voidbringer but the mana cost become too high? Is there any suggestion or should I change to conc.effect?
"
Ayam1414 wrote:
Hey can anyone clarify about intensify support? Right now my mana cost is 154 which is not enough because intensify charge reduce mana cost. Im trying use fevered mind/voidbringer but the mana cost become too high? Is there any suggestion or should I change to conc.effect?

you are confusing intensify and inspiration supports. Intensify support doesn't reduce mana cost.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Ayam1414 wrote:

you are confusing intensify and inspiration supports. Intensify support doesn't reduce mana cost.

owh u right. My problem is I got fortify from my animated guardian. and here I thought because that gem. Feelsbad man cant use my 5ex animated guardian
Last edited by Ayam1414 on Jan 25, 2020, 9:30:44 AM
"
Danzanus wrote:

POB:
https://pastebin.com/bq003hRb

Spoiler

what is your life and es totals? It seems like you have lots of armour and not much es. That scold's bridle with the cwdt desecrate and spirit offering gets you massive es regen. If you don't have the pool to support it you are going to tap into life which is much slower to replenish. I am a bit over 3.2k es pool right now and it jumps to 4500 with spirit offering. That has helped immensely.

T15-16 Legion and metamorphs are cast and move bosses for me.

Thanks for the help NOesy, big improvement with your suggestions. Just saving up for a chest and better boots now
Last edited by Hamrfall on Jan 28, 2020, 9:03:17 PM
Hi, I noticed that you have "enemies taunted" selected in your POE link. May I please ask where does this mechanic come from?
"
helohelo wrote:
Hi, I noticed that you have "enemies taunted" selected in your POE link. May I please ask where does this mechanic come from?

I don't actually taunt anyone, but this checkbox is used to account for the effect of shock and bonechill support. You can see that I added the line "Enemies you taunt take 29% increased damage" in the staff.
If you are using the PoB fork this may not be necessary.
"
out of curiosity, you use MoM?

Yes, I'm testing it. I have only 500 mana left, but 1 point for 500 hp sounds nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info