[3.10] ED + Contagion Max Block CI Trickster | 1+M DPS | All Content | Super Tanky | Awakener Farmer

"
Chridian wrote:
Could I chime in with a tip regarding the wand?
The wand listed in this guide is very expensive/ or very hard to craft I think, karvarousku has a guide on his youtube on how to craft a wand for ED, might be somewhat worse than the one listed in this thread but it does atleast have +1 and spelldmg and an alternative way of applying despair

Edit: on a sidenote, may I ask at what level could you achieve max block?

Despair on hit on a wand is as good as impossible.
I saw only two for sale this league with both +1 gem lvl and T1 or T2 chaos DoT damage, and they both were for 20+ exalts.

The easiest way I found was to just get a ring with lvl 5 or lvl 8 Despair on hit.

Max block is fairly easy to achieve (with Rumi's Conconction and Tempest Shield up).
Maxing out attack block should be almost automatic, since your shield should provide like 44%+ of it (base around 22-24% I believe, and it gets doubled by the Lethal Pride);
Maxing Spell block is somewhat harder, but you can get up to 12% Spell Block on a shield so times 2 equals 24% from that alone.
I found that the easiest source to cap Spell Block.
The rest you grab from the tree, Rumi's Conconction and Tempest Shield.

Calculating the exact lvl is a moot point I think, since it depends on when you are able to swap to CI and adapt your tree to it.
That usually happens in the late 70's or 80's, so by that point you can reach every node with block on it.
Not sure if it's a display issue on my end but I do not see any boots displayed with your gear setup. Can you let me know which boots your using and the slotted gems.
"
POE_Pnda wrote:
Not sure if it's a display issue on my end but I do not see any boots displayed with your gear setup. Can you let me know which boots your using and the slotted gems.

It's not just you; there are no boots listed there by the OP, but in his POB he has the following boots equiped:

Agony Pace
Two-Toned Boots (Evasion/Energy Shield)
Shaper Item
Item Level: 85
Quality: 20
Sockets: B-B-B-B
LevelReq: 70
Implicits: 1
+12% to Fire and Cold Resistances
+46% to Fire Resistance
+28% to Cold Resistance
30% increased Movement Speed
35% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments
{crafted}+34 to maximum Energy Shield

So nothing special, more a slot used to fill up resistances.
The OP went for Shaper influenced boots for the Avoid Ailments mod to get (together with his gloves and helm) 100% chance to avoid ailments, which frees up a lot of his flasks since he doesn't need to get freeze immunity and the like.

Personally, I went for boots with spell dodge (Redeemers + Incursion), since I like the extra tankiness and spells were usually the culprit when I died.

The gems in his boots in POB are:
- Contagion 21/20
- Intensify Support 20/20
- Increased Area of Effect Support 20/20
- Arcane Surge Support 7/20
Last edited by Reechaani on Apr 18, 2020, 2:00:49 PM
How expensive is to craft required wand? For now there are incredible prices on market. 12+ ex for wand with not as well parameters
I am not sure what to invest in next.

Do anyone have time to look at my build and give some advice?

https://pastebin.com/eRJ2fs5N
"
angelos123 wrote:
How expensive is to craft required wand? For now there are incredible prices on market. 12+ ex for wand with not as well parameters

The wand you have right now is pretty decent.
It has the 2 most important mods (chaos DoT multiplier and +1 chaos gem lvl).
You can upgrade further ofcourse, but for T1 or T2 chaos DoT you're going to pay a hefty price.

You would get way more mileage out of a helmet with -9% chaos res to nearby enemies, or a ring with Despair on hit.

I crafted a great one the other day by using an Awakeners Orb on:
- a crusader ring with T1 % increase to maximum ES
- a hunter ring with T1 Despair on hit
The other mods didn't really matter to me since I was already resistance capped with the 30% cold res implicit, but I really lucked out and hit T1 ES.

If you don't need anything else on your ring, those 2 guaranteed mods would be a nice upgrade.

Your other gear looks pretty decent; do you notice the extra tankiness and other improvements?
"
H_Espenhein wrote:
I am not sure what to invest in next.

Do anyone have time to look at my build and give some advice?

https://pastebin.com/eRJ2fs5N

You got a nice setup; I quite like the semi 6L Essence Drain you created.

I think that the upgrades you'll notice the most are the 2 I mentioned in the post above:
- a helmet with -9% chaos res to nearby enemies
- a ring with Despair on hit,

You got quite nice rings already with % increase to max ES, but maybe a double influenced one like the one I posted above could be a goal as a crafting project?

The only other upgrade that stands out to me is your body armour.
As a Trickster with Escape Artist you double dip in stats on your helmet and body armour.
You can get like another 250 evasion and 50 ES quite easily for a few exalts, and that evasion will give you another 50 ES on top of it.

You also have a few open affixes you could try and slam an exalt on with Leo.

Other than that I don't see that many big upgrades (you even got decent Watcher's Eye!) without experimenting with your skill tree and looking which deviations work for you and your current gear.
Ugh I have tried leveling so many things this league but all I really want to do is try this max block ED build but it looks so daunting to get the gear, that needs to have all these specific mods on them.
really just want a safe build that I can use to learn the mechanics of boss fights etc and ofc finish challenges
"
Chridian wrote:
Ugh I have tried leveling so many things this league but all I really want to do is try this max block ED build but it looks so daunting to get the gear, that needs to have all these specific mods on them.
really just want a safe build that I can use to learn the mechanics of boss fights etc and ofc finish challenges

Every build needs certain things to shine, be it specific mods or specific items.

This build is very good with basic starter gear for the early and mid game, but in the endgame you're going to need more dedicated gear no matter what build you play.

In the case of this build, maxing block chance and getting chaos DoT and ED gem lvl's is the way to achieve that (aside from ES on your gear ofcourse).

Luckily, block chance is pretty easy to cap with Lethal Pride.
Attack block you cap just by using a shield, picking the required notables and using your Rumi's Concontion.
Spell block you can cap if you get around 10% of it somewhere on your gear, aside from picking the required notables and using your Rumi's Concontion.

Last edited by Reechaani on Apr 22, 2020, 1:45:46 PM
Hello, I imported your PoB and compared to mine. It seems like you do MUCH more ED damage, but I can't find out why. Ok, your wand is better, but if I import yours, it's just a little diff. Can anyone explain me please what I did wrong, tyvm!

PS: Here is my PoB link: https://pastebin.com/quTzZcSq
Last edited by the_s0urce on Apr 25, 2020, 12:32:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info