[3.10] ED + Contagion Max Block CI Trickster | 1+M DPS | All Content | Super Tanky | Awakener Farmer

This ED + Contagion with CI still good for 3.11?
"
sp3d2 wrote:
Glancing blows nerf hit this spec hard imo.

You might have higher success playing something like wintertide brand with glancing blows (thread of hope for glancing blows also allows to pick runebinder for brands).

Or, if you want to play ED / Contagion dump block and just play with a bow, either life based or lowlife with ES / shavs.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
sp3d2 wrote:

You might have higher success playing something like wintertide brand with glancing blows (thread of hope for glancing blows also allows to pick runebinder for brands).

Or, if you want to play ED / Contagion dump block and just play with a bow, either life based or lowlife with ES / shavs.

thanks. however i observe in SSF HC Harvest and HC Harvest, most of the trickster reaching level 98 to 100 are made of ES Contagion + CI making me interested to follow CI path instead of LL or hybrid.

I want to push this ED Contagion + CI to 100. can you comment on this?
"
sp3d2 wrote:

thanks. however i observe in SSF HC Harvest and HC Harvest, most of the trickster reaching level 98 to 100 are made of ES Contagion + CI making me interested to follow CI path instead of LL or hybrid.

Ok so, this is my personal opinion and not related to this guide or its author. I don't know if author is active anymore though.

You're playing standard. Why would you look at SSFHC builds when you're playing under different rules? SSFHC builds have 5 to 10 times less damage than softcore trade builds. Are you ok with that?

About pushing to 100, your top character so far was lvl 93, I'm not sure if you know what's pushing to 100 about, it's extremely slow, tedious, boring and relies usually on grinding specific content like chayula pure breachstones without the boss and not "normal gameplay". The last couple of levels you get so big xp penalties that your bar barely moves.

Hardcore is not just about building character more tanky, it's also about risk assessment and avoiding / skipping content that has high chance of killing you. And people still RIP to bugs (like Zizaran recent RIP to invisible spell), disconnects, lag, and random 1-shots.

My opinion is first you need to play the spec and see if you even like it. Which you won't know at low level of course. But to get a spec to 100 you need to love it and be ready to spend endless hours on it.

You can always respec later around between CI, low life or life, it's just a matter of currency, especially on standard. But I have a big suspicion you won't like it at 300k dps level which is how SSFHC plays. General feedback I've seen about ED is that especially big bosses take too long to kill and that's on setups that do easily triple that damage mark.

But earlier when you don't need big damage anything is fine, people even play ED on spellslinger for levelling and early mapping because less button presses.

TLDR: Feel free to copy SSFHC setup but be open to possibility of respeccing it if you hit the wall of "I'm doing too little damage". And levelling to 100 is not as glorious as people think. First try to enjoy the spec, only after put very ambitious goals in front of the character.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 5, 2020, 8:00:29 AM
Spoiler
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
sp3d2 wrote:

Ok so, this is my personal opinion and not related to this guide or its author. I don't know if author is active anymore though.

You're playing standard. Why would you look at SSFHC builds when you're playing under different rules? SSFHC builds have 5 to 10 times less damage than softcore trade builds. Are you ok with that?

About pushing to 100, your top character so far was lvl 93, I'm not sure if you know what's pushing to 100 about, it's extremely slow, tedious, boring and relies usually on grinding specific content like chayula pure breachstones without the boss and not "normal gameplay". The last couple of levels you get so big xp penalties that your bar barely moves.

Hardcore is not just about building character more tanky, it's also about risk assessment and avoiding / skipping content that has high chance of killing you. And people still RIP to bugs (like Zizaran recent RIP to invisible spell), disconnects, lag, and random 1-shots.

My opinion is first you need to play the spec and see if you even like it. Which you won't know at low level of course. But to get a spec to 100 you need to love it and be ready to spend endless hours on it.

You can always respec later around between CI, low life or life, it's just a matter of currency, especially on standard. But I have a big suspicion you won't like it at 300k dps level which is how SSFHC plays. General feedback I've seen about ED is that especially big bosses take too long to kill and that's on setups that do easily triple that damage mark.

But earlier when you don't need big damage anything is fine, people even play ED on spellslinger for levelling and early mapping because less button presses.

TLDR: Feel free to copy SSFHC setup but be open to possibility of respeccing it if you hit the wall of "I'm doing too little damage". And levelling to 100 is not as glorious as people think. First try to enjoy the spec, only after put very ambitious goals in front of the character.

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I do have an ambition of getting level 100 with my previous character and so far I failed. The highest I can go is 93 deadeye IC + Barrage but then it is super squishy. Basically the damage is awesome but too squishy so here I comes to this ED with the hope of reaching 100 bcoz I want to have high survivability build in normal standard.

Why I want level 100 is because I want to reach that level of satisfaction. I understand that is long and required time, I'm willing to do it. Therefore I play standard only. Also I don't play fast paced league, so standard is for me.

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
sp3d2 wrote:

Can you explain the nerf you're talking about? I don't remember seeing anything about it in the patch notes.
"
gtetrakai wrote:
Can you explain the nerf you're talking about? I don't remember seeing anything about it in the patch notes.
They moved it from timeless jewel that allowed you to put it on the tree in any convenient place (like pain attunement or eldritch battery spots) to a fixed spot near templar that is far away from shadow starting point so it will always cost you points to pick it from the tree, more than 3-4 points you'd spend before on a socket for timeless jewel.

Best solution is trying to thread of hope it from either templar jewel or left of scion life wheel, but there's not much of interest in that area for chaos builds so either way, you're losing points.

If you can cut them out somewhere else, it's still playable, but it will be harder to get good damage without playing low life.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
gtetrakai wrote:
They moved it from timeless jewel that allowed you to put it on the tree in any convenient place (like pain attunement or eldritch battery spots) to a fixed spot near templar that is far away from shadow starting point so it will always cost you points to pick it from the tree, more than 3-4 points you'd spend before on a socket for timeless jewel.

Best solution is trying to thread of hope it from either templar jewel or left of scion life wheel, but there's not much of interest in that area for chaos builds so either way, you're losing points.

If you can cut them out somewhere else, it's still playable, but it will be harder to get good damage without playing low life.

Can you recommend good LL ED build here?

Got many. Not sure which one is good damage with LL.
"
sp3d2 wrote:
Can you recommend good LL ED build here?

Got many. Not sure which one is good damage with LL.
The most active one is this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785198/page/1

I don't know if it's "the best of the best", because of course you could make a better one with infinite currency, but most people don't have infinite currency and ones that do, know how to exploit all the crafting tricks and other stuff to improve their character (richest people are usually crafters).

It provides a good starting framework though.

You could also take this build here and transform it into low life by using shavronne's wrappings and speccing pain attunement instead of CI. You just need to solve few issues, 1 is you're no longer immune to chaos and poison, so you need to cover that. Second is stun immunity, do you accept conditional one from escape artist or do you go presence of chayula for 100% up one, or do you craft your way to stun immunity (100% chance to avoid stun combined = can't be stunned). And third is how do you setup auras, do you try to go with prism guardian to fit more of them or do you go with defensive shield with a lot of ES and just 1 aura on life?

You can also setup low life with cowards legacy belt and atziri's reflection shield, and you can stay CI. Downside is shield is expensive (and beware of scammers), and you can't use the energy shield on block rare shield.

If you decide to play with a shield definitely look into harvest crafting a +2 wand and a +2 amulet otherwise the damage might feel too weak.
Wtf is that 40% dual block jewel??? WTF??? WHAT THE FUCK????
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info