[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
IrreparabIe wrote:
"
pmemer wrote:
idk if I'm doing something wrong, but I found this build to be very, very squishy so far. Starting Act 5 I was getting my ass handed to me and I died 41 times in acts 5-10. Also I couldn't even make it through a basic tier 1 white map.

idk if I just need better gear or life nodes or what, but I don't think I've ever had this much trouble getting through acts with just the random garbage rares and uniques I find on the ground.

It's not just you, either I'm also doing something very wrong (Which could be, I am a total PoE noob), or something is missing here.

I just started ACT V and am getting my ass kicked majorly. I went for res gear as much as I could from the drops I've found, haven't bought any gear from trade though.

I didn't have an issue while leveling, infact leveling was very easy with this build for me. I was just using static strike once every 3-4 seconds and running. Even rares were getting 1 shot from holy minion.

I checked both your profiles, pmemer have 78 life from all his items, IrreparabIe has 98 life from all his items. This is your first mistake here, you focused way too much on resists and ignored life. You can simply use a bismuth flask with "of resistance" suffix. This will give you around 60 all resist.

You don't have any defensive flasks. Get a granite flask with "of iron skin" suffix, and this flask alone will make your armor 6-7k which is more than enough for leveling. You don't need 3 quicksilver or life flasks. Only 1 is enough. Life/Mana/Bismuth/Granite/Quicksilver is a good combo. You can also change bismuth with basalt if you don't have resist issues.

You both don't have fortify linked to static strike. This is important. Drop some fusings on your items or just pick 4L items and use essences/alchemies on them. Just don't save your non-valuable orbs. Rituals are giving tons of alchemies/essences/fusings early. Just use them.

@IrreparabIe You can also use a shield instead of that second weapon that have no benefit to you. You also need to get resolution technique asap. And add brutality gem instead of carrion golem.

You can use your crafting bench on your hideout and craft 30-40 life on your items. It may look low but if you craft on all your items, you will get like 600-700 life at total with tree passives.

And lastly, you can try using herald of purity instead of pride. This herald summons up to 4 minions and if i remember right, they can take the aggro. Since we don't need more damage but survivability, this can help.
"
equeedlibrium wrote:
if we use cyclone will the mana be ok? i mean if we use it non stop? sorry for the noob question

Mana shouldn't be an issue while using cyclone, but there is an easy way to fix it just in case.

'Channelling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost' is a veiled mod which can be found on veiled rings/amulets dropped by Elreon. Just craft this mod onto a ring and Cyclone's mana cost should go down to 1 with the max tier.

This mod can also be found on the Praxis unique ring.
you guys doing smth wrong, the leveling was sooooo easy. But i played with zombies as tanks with 4 link. zombies can tank everything from act 5 to act 10
Gotta say, this build feels pretty solid this league. Currently at red maps/A5 with two reasonably mediocre sceptres and a tabula. As I was trying stuff out, I found out you can use one of the new unique rings from this league to apply vulnerability to all enemies around you and yourself (doesnt matter since you have 100>% reduced curse effect on self). So instead of using pride I'm currently running HoP and this ring. Likely suboptimal, but it might be a nice alternative to the rest of you if you havent yet finished the build
Also, a question. As anointment, you recommend Enigmatic Defense, but I fail to see exactly why (apart from the block chance). Does unholy might or the spell damage somehow affect the relic's damage?
I have some question:

1. Why do we use Zealotry? (especially with Controlled Destruction)
2. Why do we use MoM?
"
DamnedFoxx wrote:
Also, a question. As anointment, you recommend Enigmatic Defense, but I fail to see exactly why (apart from the block chance). Does unholy might or the spell damage somehow affect the relic's damage?

Enigmatic Defence is solely for the +5% chance to block attack and spell damage. There are of course other decent alternatives but this one provides a bit of tankiness for a cheap price.
"
Nozek wrote:
I have some question:

1. Why do we use Zealotry? (especially with Controlled Destruction)
2. Why do we use MoM?

1) Zealotry is the best aura we can run after Pride and War Banner, because the '% more spell damage' increases the holy relic's nova damage by a lot. The other two options after that are Flesh and Stone and Aspect of the Spider.

2) We do not use MoM. Instead, we change the MoM Keystone into Divine Flesh by using a Vaal Timeless Jewel.
For those who talk about the difficulty of leveling: you are doing something wrong. You can see my profile, at the moment the acts are passed very easily. There are several deaths, but I earned them in Heist, when I stood in one place for a long time.
The mechanics of the play style are very simple: static strike hit and run through monsters or spin-to-win by cyclone. The main thing is not to forget to use flasks. You must to use utility flasks!
☠️
Thanks for writing up the build, I think I'll give it a try and start leveling, already have a bit of currency so it should be pretty smooth I assume.
Anything in particular to consider while / after leveling?
Also how is the survivability? Mostly asking because I see alot of people at lvl 90 or more with a tabula, that looks pretty good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info