[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Going to give this a go. Seems very nice once the build is complete, and it's also one of the few minion builds to not get torn apart by the nerf hammer lol.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
FAQ
Q1: How fast should my activation skill hit?
A1: This answer is pretty complicated.

First, we need to calculate the cooldown recovery for the relics. As the nova skill of the holy relics can only trigger if it is not on cooldown. PoB does this very well. It performs the calculation and then rounds it to the nearest server tick. We are therefore able to just take the number PoB gives us (Skill Cooldown for Summon Holy Relic). We will refer to this number as C.

Now that we have the skill cooldown, we need to make sure that our activation skill matches this number (or is a little bit lower than this number).
1) For static strike, this means we want the Hit Rate in PoB to be equal to 1/C or less.
2) For cyclone, this means we want the Attack Rate to be 1/C or less. This can be hard to achieve, so we can also aim for the Attack Rate of cyclone to be a multiple: i.e. 2/C, or 3/C, or 4/C, and so on.

All that remains is to figure out how we can tweak the attack rate/hit rate.
1) For Static Strike, this can be changed by gem level (or quality if Phantasmal).
2) For Cyclone, this can be changed by attack speed.

If you didn't understand any of the above, just play Static Strike and leave it at level 1.
FAQ

Hello, thanks for that amazing guide, im using for league starter and feels smooth from early.

I had only a question about cyclone, for example, i had 1/C (C = 0.3%) that's mean it its 1/0.3 = 3.3333...

If i dont miss understand what you mean, cyclone attacks per second must be: 3.33333... , 6.666666 or 10 attacks/s, allways equals to that's numbers or less.

¿is it that correct? (Sorry for misspelling not native).

Thank you
Regards.
Last edited by treirk on Jan 16, 2021, 10:05:57 AM
"
treirk wrote:
"
Moosseolini wrote:
FAQ
Q1: How fast should my activation skill hit?
A1: This answer is pretty complicated.

First, we need to calculate the cooldown recovery for the relics. As the nova skill of the holy relics can only trigger if it is not on cooldown. PoB does this very well. It performs the calculation and then rounds it to the nearest server tick. We are therefore able to just take the number PoB gives us (Skill Cooldown for Summon Holy Relic). We will refer to this number as C.

Now that we have the skill cooldown, we need to make sure that our activation skill matches this number (or is a little bit lower than this number).
1) For static strike, this means we want the Hit Rate in PoB to be equal to 1/C or less.
2) For cyclone, this means we want the Attack Rate to be 1/C or less. This can be hard to achieve, so we can also aim for the Attack Rate of cyclone to be a multiple: i.e. 2/C, or 3/C, or 4/C, and so on.

All that remains is to figure out how we can tweak the attack rate/hit rate.
1) For Static Strike, this can be changed by gem level (or quality if Phantasmal).
2) For Cyclone, this can be changed by attack speed.

If you didn't understand any of the above, just play Static Strike and leave it at level 1.
FAQ

Hello, thanks for that amazing guide, im using for league starter and feels smooth from early.

I had only a question about cyclone, for example, i had 1/C (C = 0.3%) that's mean it its 1/0.3 = 3.3333...

If i dont miss understand what you mean, cyclone attacks per second must be: 3.33333... , 6.666666 or 10 attacks/s, allways equals to that's numbers or less.

¿is it that correct? (Sorry for misspelling not native).

Thank you
Regards.

So just like you wrote there, cyclone attacks per second must be 3.333... , 6.666... or 10 attacks/s. You should try to make your cyclone attack speed as close as possible to one of those numbers, while not going above those numbers.
Hi, thx a lot for your guide!
What do you think is best to use as activating skill better: Static Strike or Cyclone?
Cyclone playstyle is more pleasant, but Static Strike have better cooldown activation without tuning, and Cyclone speed tuning are more hard.
What does the author prefer to use?
☠️
"
MikaelBox wrote:
Hi, thx a lot for your guide!
What do you think is best to use as activating skill better: Static Strike or Cyclone?
Cyclone playstyle is more pleasant, but Static Strike have better cooldown activation without tuning, and Cyclone speed tuning are more hard.
What does the author prefer to use?

I prefer to use Static Strike because I can just leave the gem at level 1 with a few support gems and I know it will trigger the relics well.

Having said that, I know other people who run this build swap between cyclone and static strike depending on what content they're doing;
- Static strike for map clear
- Cyclone for bosses

"
Moosseolini wrote:

I prefer to use Static Strike because I can just leave the gem at level 1 with a few support gems and I know it will trigger the relics well.

Having said that, I know other people who run this build swap between cyclone and static strike depending on what content they're doing;
- Static strike for map clear
- Cyclone for bosses

Thanks. I don't like to play with switching gems. Now I have use cyclone, but I will try to play with static strike too.
☠️
if we use cyclone will the mana be ok? i mean if we use it non stop? sorry for the noob question
idk if I'm doing something wrong, but I found this build to be very, very squishy so far. Starting Act 5 I was getting my ass handed to me and I died 41 times in acts 5-10. Also I couldn't even make it through a basic tier 1 white map.

idk if I just need better gear or life nodes or what, but I don't think I've ever had this much trouble getting through acts with just the random garbage rares and uniques I find on the ground.
"
pmemer wrote:
idk if I'm doing something wrong, but I found this build to be very, very squishy so far. Starting Act 5 I was getting my ass handed to me and I died 41 times in acts 5-10. Also I couldn't even make it through a basic tier 1 white map.

idk if I just need better gear or life nodes or what, but I don't think I've ever had this much trouble getting through acts with just the random garbage rares and uniques I find on the ground.

It's not just you, either I'm also doing something very wrong (Which could be, I am a total PoE noob), or something is missing here.

I just started ACT V and am getting my ass kicked majorly. I went for res gear as much as I could from the drops I've found, haven't bought any gear from trade though.
"
pmemer wrote:

"
IrreparabIe wrote:
It's not just you, either I'm also doing something very wrong (Which could be, I am a total PoE noob), or something is missing here.

It's true that the game gets hard from Act 6 onwards, but you shouldn't be having this much trouble. I must have messed up somewhere.

Here's my current thought process...
- Items can't be the root cause because as long as you're picking up gear with life and elemental resistances, you should do fine.
- Passive tree can't be the problem either because there's plenty of life and damage points allocated. I'll try to optimise it better anyway though.
- By the sound of things, I am going to have to re-think the skill gem choices for levelling. I think there's plenty of room for improvement there.
- The melee playstyle of the build is also a factor here. This build is VERY melee, which is dangerous until the character is tanky

In the meantime, here are some things to point out that should help:
1) Swap back to Steelskin with 0 support gems. Press Steelskin whenever you're fighting to massively increase your ability to take damage.
2) Try to get your hands on a Granite Flask, either from drops or as a quest reward. It will make you very tanky while it's active.
3) In case you're not doing this already. Focus on getting your elemental resistances to 75%, and then getting as much life as possible.

Edit: akinunal1337 has posted some good advice on the next page.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jan 19, 2021, 7:00:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info