[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

I'm cruising through the campaign and currently using dual weilding obliteration wands. Are they no good. They show a higher DPS but I'm not sure how valid it is compared to bino / cold iron or dual cold iron.

Also how come with enlighted 2 I can't fit all everything?
Last edited by BenN1ce on Jan 6, 2020, 8:26:32 PM
"
Nisus wrote:
I just got this build into maps. So far the damage seems nutty. I'm really enjoying just zooming around and clearing extremely quickly. I've never played an evasion character before so I guess I need to get used to it and get more evasion on my gear because I randomly get deleted.

Altogether though, this build is the most fun I've played so far this league. Well done.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying! Essentially we just have to hit and move, that prevents us from getting one shot. Our evasion/dodge helps MOST of the time :)

"
BenN1ce wrote:
I'm cruising through the campaign and currently using dual weilding obliteration wands. Are they no good. They show a higher DPS but I'm not sure how valid it is compared to bino / cold iron or dual cold iron.

Also how come with enlighted 2 I can't fit all everything?

You can run Obliterations if you like, it will do much less damage on bosses/metamorphs but the clear speed will be nice. Also as for the ENLIGHTEN, you can't fit it all because you need a higher level enlighten... haha

"
Blaine0002 wrote:
Max this build costs for endgame is maybe 5ex... if you want the watchers eye and chest maybe 50ex..

That's literally what I said in my video.

"
Most enjoyable build I've played in a long time. Thanks for a great guide. One of the first builds I've actually been able to acquire several of the gear pieces for.

I'm currently trying to decide on a chest. Currently running a Tabula but had a Dendrobate drop.

Not a problem man :) Enjoy!
Dendrobate is ok, still loses us around 30% damage compared to a +2 chest :)

"
Altuz wrote:
Have you tried using The Black Cane and supporting BV with Summon Phantasm Support? Seems like a huge flat phys damage boost for spells.

I haven't no, flat phys isn't really important to us, we need to scale our poison dmg.

(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
Last edited by Gr0bbs on Jan 6, 2020, 8:59:11 PM
is hard to find those dagger with dmg over time wha should i get insted ? crit strike or so
So just some notes from my own experience rerolling into this yesterday;

Damage obviously is insane, so insane that I didn't go for a 4G2B Skin, those are so expensive but you can pretty easily find a 3G2B1R for about 30~ chaos. I did this. I used empower level 3 corrupted which are affordable which becomes level 4 in the chest and if I was reading PoB right it was about a 5% dps loss from dropping Void Manipulation.

Obviously if you have awakened gems that's different but for people wanting to stick to a budget, consider these colours.

Next I had a big problem with WHirling Blades, I've never used a build with this as my movement skill, i felt really helpless using it, i would often get hit in the inbetween casting of WB. 20% quality is a must for this I think. Also got Atk/Cast spd on my gloves and my jewels for quality of life. The glove and the jeweles also give QoL for BV casts.

I anointed Freedom of Movement on my amulet for more ease of movement through packs and more defenses.

I;ve followed the level 100 defensive tree in the OP's PoB fwiw.

Damage is so good I'd rather be more tanky and just wait a few more seconds foer things to die.

I'd still like more move, atk and cast speed, any good way of working Onslaught into the build? I'm thinking an abyss jewel.

Also if anyone can provide recommendations for affordable survivability and tanky improvements it would be much appreciated. Not as tanky as I'd like to be yet!
Grobbs, some questions if you don't mind;

In your YT vid of the build you've taken the node that Coralito's awards, but not in the PoB, is this because Coralito's generally should always be up?

I'm using Witchfire Brew, is there any point? Should I drop it and use another flask or maybe drop Despair on the wand and go with a different aura?

"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:
Next I had a big problem with WHirling Blades, I've never used a build with this as my movement skill, i felt really helpless using it, i would often get hit in the inbetween casting of WB. 20% quality is a must for this I think.

I'd never used this either. I don't know if it's just my perception, but it seems kind of buggy to me. Sometimes, I pinball around when I'm expecting to follow where I've got my mouse pointer. Instead of moving between my location and my mouse pointer, I bounce back and forth between two or more seemingly random points. Hopefully that explains it a little better. I've had probably 5-8 deaths just because of this. I was actually thinking of switching this gem out for a different travel power.

Even though this runs with less life than I'm used to, it's really taught me the value of constantly moving. I haven't died nearly as much as I expected.

I'm only at 84, but the only mob is that has given me any trouble is the conqueror that does poison. First time I took him down pretty easy...second time was not so much fun...he definitely hit harder.

Honestly, I originally viewed this as a glass cannon type of build, but I feel different now. Certainly not tanky, but if I stay moving as much as possible, I seem to rarely get hit.
Level 91
Life 4,341
Mana 161/736
Reserved 575
Shield 588/588

This is my gear:

The total value of it is +/- 20ex.

At the moment my damage output is insane, but I am desperately looking for ways to get more survivability.
For me what works for the most part is to swirl, pop 2,3,4,5 + E,R,T ~every 5sec (when needed), release every three blade vortex charges, swirl couple of times and repeat.
When I fight bosses I prefer slower pace so that I can just run around the boss in a circle to avoid melee damage, that's why I don't use a quicksilver flask. Map clearing without a movement flask is already satisfyingly fast.

For the most part I have two problems, which are those snipe moments that caused me 236 times to die, and the struggle to sustain flask charges.
I switched my minor pantheon to Soul of Rysalatha and in addition captured the soul of Gorulis. I hope that this will help a bit.

So far I love it, this build is great.
Cheers, @Gr0bbs! Great build.
Last edited by Rhymzess on Jan 7, 2020, 1:37:48 PM
Defenses on flasks.
"
Gr0bbs wrote:
and i'm using a Bino's with 7% to generate frenzy on Crit so I always have them on bosses seeing as though we crit most of our hits :)

How did you get this modifier on binos?
Seems like a dodge or die build , can anyone convince me otherwise ?

I really like the build but it would take all the fun out of it if I was getting one shot all the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info