[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

just started going into maps, can do t15/16s at 70, but literally everything 1 shots me even in white maps.
Is there any way to improve survivability? We get almost no life from items and node multipliers arent really cutting it with such a low life pool
I started the league late (two days ago) and decided this time around I will go off the beaten path and won't play the Fotm builds. I like the idea of dodge builds so I was like, what can lay waste to maps supper fast yet is not expensive and ended up landing my search on this build.

The only thing my poe pals helped me was a Taby, everything else I brought on my own expense. Two days in and roughly 60-ish chaos spent on some early maps gearing and I am completely destroying every piece of content I come across.

The only downside is that if I want to go big D mode and run super juiced maps I'd need at least 10 ex worth of gear, but hey, I don't really run multiple toons so I have some extra progress to look forward to.

Question - what are some low hanging fruits (gear/spec upgrades) for when I switch off from the Taby and Goldrims and in to some mapping gear? Any stepping stone items I can use till I get a proper diadem and chest piece? Also, I see that with +7 quality blade vortex gains another point in radius, which seems sweet? Have you considered when making the build?

"
Dizzy12 wrote:
is hard to find those dagger with dmg over time wha should i get insted ? crit strike or so

Get power or frenzy charge on crit, It really doesn't matter too much until you can afford the dmg over time ones :)

"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:
So just some notes from my own experience rerolling into this yesterday;

Damage obviously is insane, so insane that I didn't go for a 4G2B Skin, those are so expensive but you can pretty easily find a 3G2B1R for about 30~ chaos. I did this. I used empower level 3 corrupted which are affordable which becomes level 4 in the chest and if I was reading PoB right it was about a 5% dps loss from dropping Void Manipulation.

Obviously if you have awakened gems that's different but for people wanting to stick to a budget, consider these colours.

Next I had a big problem with WHirling Blades, I've never used a build with this as my movement skill, i felt really helpless using it, i would often get hit in the inbetween casting of WB. 20% quality is a must for this I think. Also got Atk/Cast spd on my gloves and my jewels for quality of life. The glove and the jeweles also give QoL for BV casts.

I anointed Freedom of Movement on my amulet for more ease of movement through packs and more defenses.

I;ve followed the level 100 defensive tree in the OP's PoB fwiw.

Damage is so good I'd rather be more tanky and just wait a few more seconds foer things to die.

I'd still like more move, atk and cast speed, any good way of working Onslaught into the build? I'm thinking an abyss jewel.

Also if anyone can provide recommendations for affordable survivability and tanky improvements it would be much appreciated. Not as tanky as I'd like to be yet!

Glad you're enjoying it! I found atk/cast speed fine once I had quality on my gems and stuff, but feel free to mess around with it and let me know what you find!

"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:
Grobbs, some questions if you don't mind;

In your YT vid of the build you've taken the node that Coralito's awards, but not in the PoB, is this because Coralito's generally should always be up?

I'm using Witchfire Brew, is there any point? Should I drop it and use another flask or maybe drop Despair on the wand and go with a different aura?

Yeah that was a mistake, no point in grabbing the Node on the tree when we run the flask, we will have it up most of the time. As for witchfire brew, it's pointless if you're running despair on blasphemy, you'd get much more use out of a different flask.

"
"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:
Next I had a big problem with WHirling Blades, I've never used a build with this as my movement skill, i felt really helpless using it, i would often get hit in the inbetween casting of WB. 20% quality is a must for this I think.

I'd never used this either. I don't know if it's just my perception, but it seems kind of buggy to me. Sometimes, I pinball around when I'm expecting to follow where I've got my mouse pointer. Instead of moving between my location and my mouse pointer, I bounce back and forth between two or more seemingly random points. Hopefully that explains it a little better. I've had probably 5-8 deaths just because of this. I was actually thinking of switching this gem out for a different travel power.

Even though this runs with less life than I'm used to, it's really taught me the value of constantly moving. I haven't died nearly as much as I expected.

I'm only at 84, but the only mob is that has given me any trouble is the conqueror that does poison. First time I took him down pretty easy...second time was not so much fun...he definitely hit harder.

Honestly, I originally viewed this as a glass cannon type of build, but I feel different now. Certainly not tanky, but if I stay moving as much as possible, I seem to rarely get hit.

Good feedback, glad you're enjoying, I didn't die from level 80-90 once and I ran nothing but red maps.. Chisel alch and go.. If you stack a few poisons and move you don't get hit, they die so fast :)

"
Rhymzess wrote:
Level 91
Life 4,341
Mana 161/736
Reserved 575
Shield 588/588

This is my gear:

The total value of it is +/- 20ex.

At the moment my damage output is insane, but I am desperately looking for ways to get more survivability.
For me what works for the most part is to swirl, pop 2,3,4,5 + E,R,T ~every 5sec (when needed), release every three blade vortex charges, swirl couple of times and repeat.
When I fight bosses I prefer slower pace so that I can just run around the boss in a circle to avoid melee damage, that's why I don't use a quicksilver flask. Map clearing without a movement flask is already satisfyingly fast.

For the most part I have two problems, which are those snipe moments that caused me 236 times to die, and the struggle to sustain flask charges.
I switched my minor pantheon to Soul of Rysalatha and in addition captured the soul of Gorulis. I hope that this will help a bit.

So far I love it, this build is great.
Cheers, @Gr0bbs! Great build.

For me, i ended with 55 deaths at level 91 running only RED maps fully juiced, this was including Max watchstone conquerors, As long as we save vaal bv, put down our wither totems and hit our flasks the boss only needs 3 or 4 seconds of us hitting it to die, But i'm glad you're enjoying the build :)

"
RKurozu wrote:
Seems like a dodge or die build , can anyone convince me otherwise ?

I really like the build but it would take all the fun out of it if I was getting one shot all the time.

I have 55 deaths, level 91 with a almost completed atlas, did 2 awakener fights too. We have high evasion, if that fails we have capped dodge, if that fails we can get one shot but by that time most mobs are dead.

"
ploooo wrote:
just started going into maps, can do t15/16s at 70, but literally everything 1 shots me even in white maps.
Is there any way to improve survivability? We get almost no life from items and node multipliers arent really cutting it with such a low life pool

I had 4.4k life and went full damage mode, I didn't seem to need more. My PoB has a defensive option which will put you around 5k life.

"
Nutterum wrote:
I started the league late (two days ago) and decided this time around I will go off the beaten path and won't play the Fotm builds. I like the idea of dodge builds so I was like, what can lay waste to maps supper fast yet is not expensive and ended up landing my search on this build.

The only thing my poe pals helped me was a Taby, everything else I brought on my own expense. Two days in and roughly 60-ish chaos spent on some early maps gearing and I am completely destroying every piece of content I come across.

The only downside is that if I want to go big D mode and run super juiced maps I'd need at least 10 ex worth of gear, but hey, I don't really run multiple toons so I have some extra progress to look forward to.

Question - what are some low hanging fruits (gear/spec upgrades) for when I switch off from the Taby and Goldrims and in to some mapping gear? Any stepping stone items I can use till I get a proper diadem and chest piece? Also, I see that with +7 quality blade vortex gains another point in radius, which seems sweet? Have you considered when making the build?

Good to hear mate! Welcome to the league. First thing I would get is the diadem, its cheap, gives us SO much quality of life.. Lets us run more auras etc.

Second thing would be a +2 Tabula, theyre like 20 chaos

Then you can go onto more expensive things :)
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
Man people are sleeping on this build right now. Picked up a +2 AoE gems Skin for 2 ex today and it was sitting there for a while. Feel like that's good/great value.

Also got a Increased Damage over Time Bino's, for clear this is just as good as an Iron Point but like 1/10th of the price if not more.

Definitely not finding as many ways to improve my damage now though since we use a lot of uniques.

Need to invest in 21 gems now, Awakened Unbound is affordable thankfully.

this is my gear atm im farming with my necro and trying buy items for him atm wha should i aim for now
Sup all - Thanks for the build write-up Grobbs. I wanted to share my variation of Poison BV. Im an OG BV player and really missed the shatter effect. Dont get me wrong, poison BV dmg is incredible but not as satisfying if you know what i mean.

So...after lots of experimentation, I came to my current build which works very similar to the herald version in which you blow up (shatter) all the mobs while you're running through the map. I can do t16s in around a minute depending on which layout. The main synergy is obliteration wands and the crusader explode mod. Obliteration on their own works ok, but holy crap, the explode just really brings the build together.

I used to have a cold-point weapon swap but once I swapped out one of my gems with void manipulation, i haven't needed to swap. This change really helped boost the dmg of the wands. the hardest t16 metamorphs still melt very quickly and once the first set of adds come out, just kill the adds and the metamorph will blow up with them most of the time.

A couple things I do differently --

I really like blasphemers gloves. you can get the spell crit corrupt for very cheap or life % which are both great options. You get a nice dmg boost and health just by slotting elder items.

I run vitality with LoH Watcher's Eye for sustain (very reliable). I also run malevolence, agony and despair from impresence. You can use an enlighten 4 to make this work. Also, the helmet is a good option that Grobbs has in his build if you can't afford the enlighten. I'm gonna try a setup with spider aspect and coralito's.

Also, my build can get pretty tanky. I can get up to 6.5k hp but i chose to go with aoe nodes so i'm sitting around 5.5k. Keep in mind that the bigger aoe you have, the better sustain you have through watchers eye if you are using LoH.

Anyways, take a look at my setup if you're interested. Currently Im working on putting together a badge of brotherhood version with max power charges and we'll see where that leads me but im very happy with this explosion build. Super fun and fast. (also can run any map mod which is always nice especially if you are doing fully juiced corrupted maps)
I dont get how the LoH vitaly is helping there ?

I have 2 ex bugdet atm, what I should upgrade next?
"
Tsiganisti wrote:

I have 2 ex bugdet atm, what I should upgrade next?

Try to snipe a +2 skin.
Buy multiple dagger to corrupt.
The build is amazing but I think I will have to say goodbye coz seems like casting BV over and over again to keep it 10 started to get me bored/annoyed :P

But so far its the only build I love that uses evasion as defense

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info