[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

For people who have survival issues I suggest running a mistwall shield. It gives evasion and maximum block if you haven't blocked recently so it does stop a few of those 1 shots.
"
slowmath wrote:
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
So just to update everyone, I really think Sephiloss' variation is superior. Instead of trying to evade & dodge our way to surviving we just have super high damage reduction. I went from struggling with getting 1 shotted on Tier 11 to being able to run super charged tier 16's pretty cleanly. The beauty of it is the body gives 100 life/mana on kill and we kill things so fast that going the damage reduction route we take hits but survive them and then are instantly back up to full again. Just feels like a smoother / less rng way of surviving.

For people struggling with survivability my suggestion would be to maybe try respec'ing towards damage reduction.

Could you get skin of the lords with iron reflexes with the Grobb tree to see how that works?

Currently running this setup. I modified the amulet to cover the nodes applied by Thread of Hope.

I only die once in a while due to one shots from bigass metamorphs or from trash with sick mods without having the first hit.

Still not finished, have to get another belt (aspect of the spider not active due to higher multiplier of determination) with fire/cold res and boots with tailwind. That also would fix lack of fire res.

https://pastebin.com/8mA0SxML

Suggestions welcome.

if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Last edited by ibims111 on Jan 25, 2020, 10:43:27 AM
"
ibims111 wrote:

Currently running this setup. I modified the amulet to cover the nodes applied by Thread of Hope.

I only die once in a while due to one shots from bigass metamorphs or from trash with sick mods without having the first hit.

Still not finished, have to get another belt (aspect of the spider not active due to higher multiplier of determination) with fire/cold res and boots with tailwind. That also would fix lack of fire res.

https://pastebin.com/8mA0SxML

Suggestions welcome.

I'm glad you mentioned Thread of Hope, I was just about to make a post talking about how I really like using it to give me access to Hunter's Gambit, Heart of Oak, Revenge of the Hunted, & Swift Venom. I find it's a nice way to split the difference between going full defensive using Iron Reflexes & going full DPS by spec'ing all the way to Swift Venom & Toxic Strike.

If you're going the Iron Reflexes variation of this build then Dirty Techniques is a bigger DPS boost than Growth & Decay. I would spec into DT first unless you just don't want to bother with bleed.

My current build crafting I'm doing makes me think maybe working my way to skittering runes is the way to go because according to POB that gives me ~26% more poison dps which is insane and doesn't even count the extra life we get spec'ing to it. Not bad for 6 points. My other idea was going towards Toxic Strikes (which is 7 points) and it gives us ~11% more poison dps but also allows us to spec into Freedom of Movement & Thick Skin for an extra 5 points. Especially Freedom of Movement is a really nice buff to our survivability.

The other thing I'm wondering is, Why aren't we using Perfect Agony? According to POB I lose 33k in physical damage to gain 210k in poison damage.

Maybe someone else will have thoughts on all this stuff.

----

I did have a question for you though. How are you running Aspect of Spider with a 25% mana reserve while we only have 10% reserved mana left after using HOA, Determination, & Malevolence? Does your belt just give you the AoS for free?

Last edited by Mythrol1 on Jan 25, 2020, 11:38:56 AM
Perfect Agony is assumed to be 100% uptime if you use coralitos flask. If you dont want to do flask management then spec into it.

Also some people use a brutal restraint and transform the perfect agony node into wind walker which is a nice defensive boost.
Great to see so many suggestions, thank you guys <3

The new video and PoB explains some things we have changed. I went from 90-92 with 190mil an hour with 0 deaths, Chisel, Alch Go, t16's. 5.1k health and fought 4 conquerors. Died twice to sirus (i dont do bosses so my mechanics aren't that good)

(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
"
slowmath wrote:
Perfect Agony is assumed to be 100% uptime if you use coralitos flask. If you dont want to do flask management then spec into it.

Also some people use a brutal restraint and transform the perfect agony node into wind walker which is a nice defensive boost.

Ah that does make sense. We aren't really using our flasks for much else so there's not much competition for the spot anyway.
"
Mythrol1 wrote:

I did have a question for you though. How are you running Aspect of Spider with a 25% mana reserve while we only have 10% reserved mana left after using HOA, Determination, & Malevolence? Does your belt just give you the AoS for free?

In my previous post:

As I am coming from the initial flesh and stone stuff, it worked out well with aspect of the spider, which in obviously doenst whilest deternmination is active (50%)
Last edited by ibims111 on Jan 25, 2020, 12:33:56 PM
Anyone mind critiquing my build? I feel my gear and tree are pretty solid right now but I came into some money so looking for some upgrades.

"
ibims111 wrote:
"
Mythrol1 wrote:

In my previous post:

As I am coming from the initial flesh and stone stuff, it worked out well with aspect of the spider, which in obviously doenst whilest deternmination is active (50%)

Haha. Apologies. You know I read that but through the course of writing my post and looking at your tree/gear I just forgot.

"
slowmath wrote:
Anyone mind critiquing my build? I feel my gear and tree are pretty solid right now but I came into some money so looking for some upgrades.

I really like what you've done with your build. The only thing I could think is if you possibly want to switch your body armor out for Sporeguard so you can annoint Corruption. I personally tried it this way and preferred a more defensive body and just ignored getting corruption annointment. However maybe you'll prefer going for extra dps.

You could also go for the rare body with curse / explode and re annoint your amulet to corruption but I don't think that's really worth it since you have Asneth's already.

Given the fact that you're running a shield I'm assuming you're having some issues with surviving, you could of course try and respec your tree to get over to Iron Reflexes & start running Vaal Molten Shell, Atziri's Splendour, etc. That would use up some of that extra money you have. lol.

However if you like the dodge / evasion version of this build then I don't see a ton you could change. Possibly run a 2nd CoN ring and get your resistances from your belt / boots. Your rare ring isn't a world beater anyway so it would be something I'd look into upgrading. Same goes for belt too. However this is pretty nitpicking at this point.
"
Mythrol1 wrote:

You could also go for the rare body with curse / explode and re annoint your amulet to corruption but I don't think that's really worth it since you have Asneth's already.

I do it this way and I really like the extra explosions, it also helps when not using bino. Might be wrong, but I feel it is way smoother than without explosive chest. but, I crafted it myself, so might be a heavy investment for those that have to buy it, especially compared to atziris chest (4 ex I think).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info