[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
Sephiloss wrote:

Glad to help, i may post my PoB once i finished to decide myself about endgame armour and final points in tree. And yes, i do not like dodge & evasion, except for bonus like vaal grace.

PS : Use golden rule (with corrupted blood immunity) jewel only with sextant movement speed & damage per poison as whirling blade could cause bleeding reflected to you, or just be aware of it, if not using it, switch to anything else. Note the Watcher's eye with damage reduction bonus & poison immune (really cheap).

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. I'm actually deciding on if I'm going to run The Golden Rule or Not. I stumbled upon these boots for an absolute steal and it's hard to not justify using them because of everything they block. The only problem is, they kind of don't let The Golden Rule work. lol.

(if link breaks it's basically Cannot be poisoned, Unaffected by Shocked Ground, Cannot be Chilled, Cannot be Frozen, Movement Speed)
Last edited by Mythrol1 on Jan 24, 2020, 12:42:46 PM
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
"
Sephiloss wrote:

Glad to help, i may post my PoB once i finished to decide myself about endgame armour and final points in tree. And yes, i do not like dodge & evasion, except for bonus like vaal grace.

PS : Use golden rule (with corrupted blood immunity) jewel only with sextant movement speed & damage per poison as whirling blade could cause bleeding reflected to you, or just be aware of it, if not using it, switch to anything else. Note the Watcher's eye with damage reduction bonus & poison immune (really cheap).

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. I'm actually deciding on if I'm going to run The Golden Rule or Not. I stumbled upon these boots for an absolute steal and it's hard to not justify using them because of everything they block. The only problem is, they kind of don't let The Golden Rule work. lol.

(if link breaks it's basically Cannot be poisoned, Unaffected by Shocked Ground, Cannot be Chilled, Cannot be Frozen, Movement Speed)

Honestly i think you'd better to use the sextant and The Golden Rule with boots like mine in this build. It will be usefull for the level 100 tree i prepared for the next step.

But like i did with this initial build, play it like you wan't and mod to your taste.
Last edited by Sephiloss on Jan 24, 2020, 12:49:58 PM
"
Sephiloss wrote:

Honestly i think you'd better to use the sextant and The Golden Rule with boots like mine in this build. It will be usefull for the level 100 tree i prepared for the next step.

But like i did with this initial build, play it like you wan't and mod to your taste.

Maybe I've just had a bad luck string of getting caught in place a few times which has me thinking a multi mod set of boots is the way to go. I'll play with both for awhile and see how badly I miss the damage from The Golden Rule.
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
So just to update everyone, I really think Sephiloss' variation is superior. Instead of trying to evade & dodge our way to surviving we just have super high damage reduction. I went from struggling with getting 1 shotted on Tier 11 to being able to run super charged tier 16's pretty cleanly. The beauty of it is the body gives 100 life/mana on kill and we kill things so fast that going the damage reduction route we take hits but survive them and then are instantly back up to full again. Just feels like a smoother / less rng way of surviving.

For people struggling with survivability my suggestion would be to maybe try respec'ing towards damage reduction.

Could you get skin of the lords with iron reflexes with the Grobb tree to see how that works?
"
BOOTS
Cast when damage taken level 1 . Steelskin level 11 . Stone Golem MAX LEVEL . Blood Rage

sry guys i dont get it

which lvl should this gems be? they arent selfcasting with this lvls. is this intended?
should all of them selfcast or should i have some to start manually?
"
Gr0bbs wrote:

Thanks for your response, However, there is no better option for cost/dmg effectiveness than cold iron points, especially when they have the damage over time corruption :)

As for the chest, My new video and PoB is out now, explains the choices i've made to get to 5k+ health and more survivability, while maintaining huge DPS.

100% agree on being the best budget option, even without the corruption (though buying the corrupted version is not cheap), but you mentioned min-maxing... and currently, you could roll a dagger nearly 800 times with Aberrant fossils for the price of a Malevolence DoT Watcher's Eye for - as long as you're not absurdly unlucky - a much more significant DPS increase.

Coincidentally, I tried Thread of Hope for the same reasons you outlined in your video, but since my chest is high evasion, pathing to Revenge of the Hunted was more worthwhile for me, and without that node, grabbing Doom Cast and using a rare jewel offered considerably more DPS at the cost of 1% inc. max life. That being said, I do miss out on the regen and skill effect duration, so it might still be worth it anyway if I re-itemized to afford the resist hit.
"
slowmath wrote:

Could you get skin of the lords with iron reflexes with the Grobb tree to see how that works?

I have the skin of the lords so that's not an issue but I didn't see that any of Grobb's paste bins had Iron reflexes on them. I'm using a very similar tree as Sephiloss is using.

The Skin of Lords seems to work well too however it lacks the life/mana on kill that seems to really smooth out the build. My numbers were also lower because while 100% defense is a nice buff, the other body is giving ~420% evasion rating that gets converted to physical damage reduction. I find it's just superior though you are probably giving up some dps compared to The Skin of Lords.
"
Sephiloss wrote:

I also have Vaal grace on CWDT setup with Steelskin, wich does not appear on this screenshot sorry =), but if gives another 34% dodge for attacks and spells when you trigger it on demand, and ofcourse fortify if needed. I have a correct gear now, but to be honest, it's not really needed.

With that much armor, why wouldn't you use Molten Shell instead?
"
Heracleitus wrote:

With that much armor, why wouldn't you use Molten Shell instead?

I can confirm Molten Shell is *FAR* superior to be running with the damage reduction variation of this build. Without even popping flasks I get 10x or more damage mitigation. Popping flasks and I'm up over 14k worth of damage mitigation using Vaal Molten Shell.

The setup I'm using right now is: CWDT (lvl 1) - Vaal Molten Shell (lvl 10) - Summon Stone Golem (lvl 3). Molten Shell and Stone Golem automatically are cast so I never have to worry about pressing a button for them in the middle of a fight and Stone Golem still gives 60 life regen a second even at level 3 (due to our gem buffs).

I'm still looking for what the 4th gem should be in this setup. I currently have Grace in it but that's just for the use with Vaal. I'm currently thinking maybe to go back to Blood Rage (if you leave it with CWDT then you get 11% attack speed buff or if you level it up and cast it yourself you get 18% attack speed buff plus whatever your quality is). It's probably best to cast it manually so you can control when you do it, it's not like it really runs out for us anyway.

Most of the usual choices aren't useful for us since we already run two curses.

Any suggestion is of course greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Mythrol1 on Jan 25, 2020, 1:07:52 AM
Hi,
It's a nicely build, thanks for it.
I tried it, and it's really fun, but I am really paper. I can kill every mobs on map, but the bosses or metamorphs always kill me in one shot. Obviously I am doing something wrong. I already tried the base build, then I tried to modify it to get more def but nothing help :(

Could someone check my character and give me some suggestions to change?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info