Beta Lottery Results

"
Lotus wrote:
I suggest for Chris or any other GGG dev to take a look into adding a statistics section on beta invitees.
That would be nice.
Those who don't rise to the challenge are weak, but those who do are foolish.
where is the list of all beta testers? :)
"
Raelena wrote:
"

The boards are a mess because THERE ARE NO MODERATORS YET. have you every been on D2JSP? their site is a mess too even with moderators. Get used to it because when the game gets released its only going to get worse but with moderators giving out discipline.

Ask the developers if it benefits their numbers to have this timer. I guarantee you participation and interest have gone up. The 'mess' you talk about is simply increased interest without discipline from moderators.

I still don't understand what your problem is if you aren't complaining for yourself. The game is doing better so you aren't concerned about that. A veteran timer was added to appease people that participated before the beta event so i don't see how you could be complaining about that either. What's the problem? Its a closed beta and they are handling it well in terms of creating a buzz around their game. people that quit from frustration didnt really give a crap in the first place.

If they see a negative impact on their game related to the timing of this event they will do something about it. They care much more than you about how the game is doing. Don't pretend to have other people's interest in mind - be authentic

I've been on D2JSP for years. I stopped posting there and going there because it was like 4chan version 2. Nothing but crying, headaches and god knows what else. I'm well aware these forums have no moderators, thanks.

Yet you are still complaining about "rage, QQ name calling and brown nosing". What do you expect from humans?

[/quote]Has interest and particpation gone up? Sure. Has the number of hate threads, rage, QQ, name calling, brown nosing and heaven knows what else gone up? Significantly. The timer isn't what should be drawing people to the game and the site. It should be the game drawing people here, not a random timer invite that causes issues.[/quote]

Whatever it takes to draw people in is important at this point. How else do you expect people to find themselves here on this site? please give some suggestions i'm curious to hear what you would do. The timer is genius and the issues are minor and not worth complaining about.

[/quote]I'm not complaining for myself. You assume I am, and take off with your counter points from there. I'm making general observations and posting them. Per you, they are creating a buzz. Here's the problem, the people that are leaving in frustration, are going to talk about it elsewhere than just these boards, where having a moderator or not would mean nothing. It's creating buzz, that doesn't mean it's all just good buzz either. It works both ways.[/quote]

I think people will want to see for themselves why someone would be pissed about not getting into a closed beta and blabbing about it. It's buzz. this is how this works.

[/quote]I'm fairly certain they will do something soon with regards to the timer. The fact the forums are in a huge uproar is obvious enough. The devs have even taken time to share their thoughts, as well as pose whether the timer should even remain. That alone speaks volumes that they are infact listening and are aware of it.[/quote]

Just because they are concerned about their community doesn't mean they are taking all complaints seriously. these people have shown they are paying attention, not that they agree with complainers.

[/quote]Dont assume I'm in this for me, like you continue to do. I'm not, I haven't been and I'm making observations. Feel free to discuss it, quit assuming you think I'm out for me. One of the vets I was hoping would get in just recently did so, and I'm quite happy to see that.[/quote]

We're all in it for us and us alone so don't pretend to be a selfless observer. You don't seem happy at all. The definition of random is easily found on dictionary.com, congrats to your vet friend.
Moderators coming soon. Genius publicity ideas have sucked me into this game.
I want key T_T
"
TheDerpilator wrote:
"
-50% of Random winners have 0 posts
-50% of Veteran winners have less than 10 posts

This is the part that interests me most. This means that Chris and the developers chose to give keys to non-posters 50% of the time (all of whom are random).

I thought it was more then that lol...
great post
I am a newcomer I jsut found out about the game and website last friday, signed up the same day and really hope that I can still be entered into the random draw for a key.
I read somewhere that you had to sign up for an account before the beta started to be entered for a key, is this true? I signed up on Aug 12 can I still get one or a m I out of luck?
"
DMGDuck wrote:
great post
I am a newcomer I jsut found out about the game and website last friday, signed up the same day and really hope that I can still be entered into the random draw for a key.
I read somewhere that you had to sign up for an account before the beta started to be entered for a key, is this true? I signed up on Aug 12 can I still get one or a m I out of luck?

u can still get a key throo beta invite timer i did see a lot of ppl picked in random with join date 15 Aug ( more than half in last day lol )
Here is a bump to keep this going.

I am, as always, forever hopeful.
Just an FYI, you can look at my statistics. I posted a few threads and things way before beta and I only have this one account and was picked yesterday.

So the system isn't only picking people with multiple accounts!
I think the statistics show it is picking people with no activity. They could be multi accounts or just people who showed up once to register and never came back.

OP isn't saying it's picking ONLY those accounts...just that it's a high average.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info