[3.11] Devon's Arcing Cyclone | Assassin | Most content Viable

How is league going for you? Any problems with single target damage?

And what do you think about a life based version with Inpulsa?
"
How is league going for you? Any problems with single target damage?

Going pretty well, doing red maps and all exiles, even metamorphs with just a 5L. But a 6L would help.

"
And what do you think about a life based version with Inpulsa?

Dunno, it would probably work decently. Just not this good I'd assume.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Dec 18, 2019, 1:31:55 PM
Hm hard to choose this or mathil mjolner arc build D:
Currently enjoying the build quite a lot!

I played around with "Prism Guard" as offhand, to benefit from 5 auras and 2 heralds. I mixed in a "Herald of Ash" to try it out. Currentyl, due to lack of play time, just played some yellow tier maps..
Spoiler

This is my gear right now. I need new boots and gloves the most but anything I can sorta target farm or improve quickly on in SSF? Just hit maps and about to try to farm tower and scriptorium for shav div cards. Ammy is gonna be a longshot to get.
This is my 4th cyclone build (on a 4th ascendancy). I just got cyclone and have it set to my Q button.

- When activated, the skill generates 1 stack then stutters to a stop. This occurs to all button I assign the skill to.

- If I assign cyclone to my RMB, it works fine with stacks to 4. No issues.

- When the skill is assigned to an KB button and I active it THEN press an additional key, cyclone stacks up per normal and moves per normal.

I am not running out of mana. Sticky keys is disabled. The UI in put has been set to default.

Any ideas?
"
Schnoodlez wrote:
This is my 4th cyclone build (on a 4th ascendancy). I just got cyclone and have it set to my Q button.

- When activated, the skill generates 1 stack then stutters to a stop. This occurs to all button I assign the skill to.

- If I assign cyclone to my RMB, it works fine with stacks to 4. No issues.

- When the skill is assigned to an KB button and I active it THEN press an additional key, cyclone stacks up per normal and moves per normal.

I am not running out of mana. Sticky keys is disabled. The UI in put has been set to default.

Any ideas?

Are you using Awakened CoC? People say it bugs Cyclone.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Alas, no Awakened gems yet. So no. Strangely it works when pressing 2 keys at once. Odd.
Trying out this build, currently around lv35.

You can actually get Solaris Lorica with 6L for only around 15-20 chaos, thanks to metamorph 6L drops and it being a not particularly popular (but common) unique.

..the bigger problem with using it though is socket colors. It's a pure STR item, getting 5 blue sockets on that may end up costing more in chromatics than the 6L Solaris itself.

I've managed to get 4 blue sockets and didn't dare to keep trying, 4 blue - 2 red. Been looking at all red support gems to find one that might be useful for the build - and there is one that is actually perfect.

Inspiration support. It gives up to 40% increased crit chance and up to 35% more elemental damage for both cyclone and Arc - while you're at max inspiration stacks (max). You only lose the stacks after spending a certain amount of mana with cyclone, which won't be too often I think, while stacking it back up to 5 will be very quick.

Seems like a good option? Might the Inspiration Support even be better than one of the other blue support gems?

Personally I don't like elemental focus, cause it robs our lightning damage from being able to shock enemies (enemies take up to 50% more dmg from all sources, depending on strength of shock). Not sure if its worth the loss of shock, or how it compares to the other support gems.

..though all just thoughts of a casual player that isn't too intrinsically familiar with POE's mechanics. Correct me if any of the thinking is wrong.
"
schattenwulf wrote:
Trying out this build, currently around lv35.

You can actually get Solaris Lorica with 6L for only around 15-20 chaos, thanks to metamorph 6L drops and it being a not particularly popular (but common) unique.

..the bigger problem with using it though is socket colors. It's a pure STR item, getting 5 blue sockets on that may end up costing more in chromatics than the 6L Solaris itself.

I've managed to get 4 blue sockets and didn't dare to keep trying, 4 blue - 2 red. Been looking at all red support gems to find one that might be useful for the build - and there is one that is actually perfect.

Inspiration support. It gives up to 40% increased crit chance and up to 35% more elemental damage for both cyclone and Arc - while you're at max inspiration stacks (max). You only lose the stacks after spending a certain amount of mana with cyclone, which won't be too often I think, while stacking it back up to 5 will be very quick.

Seems like a good option? Might the Inspiration Support even be better than one of the other blue support gems?

Personally I don't like elemental focus, cause it robs our lightning damage from being able to shock enemies (enemies take up to 50% more dmg from all sources, depending on strength of shock). Not sure if its worth the loss of shock, or how it compares to the other support gems.

..though all just thoughts of a casual player that isn't too intrinsically familiar with POE's mechanics. Correct me if any of the thinking is wrong.

That's why I didn't recommend using a 6L lorica since the primary attribute is strength. I just used a 4L and in solaris lorica I placed the cwdt setup.

Inspiration is fine to use, especially if you have the situation with solaris lorica like you have.

As for elemental focus and shock, this was the reasoning (wall of text).

Shock procs with a minimum value of 5% since the recent patch (depending how much life you took from the enemy). To apply bigger values you would need to take more and more life from the enemy with a single hit, namely more than 0.4% of their max life. The only time when you will realistically need shock is when fighting a boss. Do you really think you would be able to apply values higher than 0.4% of the awakeners HP on a single hit? Even if you would it would be slightly higher and maybe increase your chock to 6-7% which, when compared to, let's say, Elemental focus is lacking.
Take Inspiration for example, it will give you 35% more damage (at best) + the 5% more from shock. That's 40% more (at best), while elemental focus gives you straight up 49% more. The only place shock would be useful is map clear and rare mobs, which you will eventually one shot anyway.
I wouldn't recommend it but it's a 9% more difference so it's not that big of a deal even if you decide not to take it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info