[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Lvl 93, still having fun. I was getting burned out trying to farm to buy a Pandemonium so I decided to buy 2 tul's breachstone instead to gamble. Got it first try.

I need that fucking 6L, I even bough my awakened added cold to level it now. Maybe one day...
Still playing with a 5L cloak of defiance too. I don't feel the need to upgrade for now.

Gear :
Spoiler

Tree :

Still missing the Curse medium cluster (Master of Fear1 + Wish for Death).

If you see obvious change I can make, please tell. ;)
Last edited by Pandaroux on May 4, 2021, 12:39:17 PM
"
Pandaroux wrote:

Still playing with a 5L cloak of defiance too. I don't feel the need to upgrade for now.

Do you feel no lack of survivability at t13 and above?
I have a big problem with this after im ascend to red tier, both damage and survivability too low for high levels. For yellow tear blind jewel was great improvment, but after ~12t its not enough, too many oneshoot again.
Probably im need to try cloack, maybe it help.

upd. cheked market and found farrul droped enough, test it now
Last edited by iunewind on May 4, 2021, 5:48:04 PM
Ok, play with Farrul Fur some maps. Its clearly better, but still lethal, less but still a lot of oneshoots. Probably the next thing to get its watcher eye with mana-before-life.
So I've been doing fairly well with this build, damage wise, but I keep getting oneshot.

Can anyone experienced with this Build take a look at my char (Fexzz_IcenovaFrostbolt) and make some suggestions?

I'd really appreciate it
"
iunewind wrote:
"
Pandaroux wrote:

Do you feel no lack of survivability at t13 and above?
I have a big problem with this after im ascend to red tier, both damage and survivability too low for high levels. For yellow tear blind jewel was great improvment, but after ~12t its not enough, too many oneshoot again.
Probably im need to try cloack, maybe it help.

upd. cheked market and found farrul droped enough, test it now

I feel like Disorienting display does wonders. I really breeze through T16, only having to play a bit from afar for bosses.

I do ultimatums too with no problems (maybe one day I'll be allowed to face him...)

edit : cwdt voidsphere MVP too.
Last edited by Pandaroux on May 5, 2021, 3:15:08 PM
"
Pandaroux wrote:

I feel like Disorienting display does wonders. I really breeze through T16, only having to play a bit from afar for bosses.

I do ultimatums too with no problems (maybe one day I'll be allowed to face him...)

Yea, im ran map fast, but can get oneshoot anywhere. Map bosses of curse easy, but any next step very hard. Conquerors - pretty hard, Sirus - almost invincible (need too much skill for done), etc. First time for two leaugues im fail my 10x crucialbe cause f$$$ing monk no live more then two sec if stationary and have 1/10 of thier promised damage if moved. Im have lot things for improvment, so hope its will much better after upgrades.
Just wanted to post what's probably my last update.

I made it to level 98. I died 3 times total since level 90. This includes many sirus AL8s, juiced AL8 guardians, shaper/Elder/Uber Elder. I've completed every single ultimatum in full, including somewhere around 12 task master kills now.

2 of those deaths were 1 shots by a quad extra damage modded t16 baran because I got extra cocky.
The last one was also my own fault for not paying attention to the mod list on a double your currency ultimatum. I would suggest to never do the limited flask mod as having full flask upkeep is very important (especially mana flask). I avoid this at all costs and the one time I didn't see it I died for it.

defenses explained

I have:
-75 chaos res.
This is a big deal. So many people in soft core overlook chaos res. Dont.
This also makes several ultimatum mods freebies.

-Endurance charges.
If you're getting one shot its probably because you dont have these. There are many ways to get endurance charges without the replica farruls. Get them.

-Higher level CWDT.
With a higher level CWDT IC will proc less often. This means when you actually get dealt a big hit your ic goes off and while you are immune you top up with your cinderswallow. With a low CWDT of goes off all the time from trash mobs, leaving you open for the big hit coming 2 seconds later. This also means you have your endurance charges more often. Again no endurance charges = can be easily one shot.

-Can not be affected by Corrupted Blood AND Hinder.
You want BOTH of these. CB is everyone's go to. Hinder is also very important to remove from our worries. This also makes several ultimatum mods freebies.

-Rumis.
Adding Rumis to the mix changes everything. Get one. Seriously just go and get one. Stop asking if its worth it. With rumis we block half the stuff that would hit us. Also it adds a chunknof armor that we normally would not have.. that mitigates a lot of the smaller hits you absorb when in an iverpacked ultimatum.

-Cinderswallow.
With cinderswallow we instantly top up everything that doesn't get blocked by Rumis.

-Glorious Vanity w/ Doryani
This helps us to split up the incoming damage through all 3 layers of es/life/mana.

-50% Mind Over Matter. 40% from mom+ascendancy. +10% from watchers eye.
I have 4200 life and 4200 mana. 50% MoM means I effectively have 8400 life. With 2100 es on top I now have 10500 ehp.

-Disorienting Display/Pandemonius.
Your ammy is not enough. You have to hit something first for that to effect it. Works great normally but in ultimatum you constantly have 100 mobs spawning on top of you. With Disorienting display those mobs are instantly blinded.

-Doryani's Lesson.
Elemental Damage leeched as life. This helps top our life pool off at all times.

-Cats agility
15% for all damage to be mitigated when hit.

With all these things stacked up I am at 100% life and mana 99.9% of the time. I generally bounce between full and half es while doing crazy ultimatums while still 100% life and mana.

This build is extremely tanky and if you are dying you have most likely overlooked many of these mitigation sources. Go back and double check.

Pay attention to all the defensive layers the build offers. Im taking advantage of every single one and am still top 10 dps for frostbolt+ice nova on poe.ninja @3.6M. I could juice dps more and easily be top 3 by dropping some mitigation, but hey, im not dying and I bet they are. I havnt even POB'd my character yet but the dps is definitely plenty. Maybe I'll do that and update this with real dps later, I've just been waiting for awakened hextouch to hit lvl 5 so I can dual curse.

gear

flasks

I usually swap rumis with quicksilver to map. Rumis goes in for boss/ultimatum.

jewels

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Goresplattered138/FrostedBalls

just did maven, 1 death. Fourth phase started I was standing on a blue beam when it spawned. I never played Ritual so not really aware of the mechanics.

I will probably make a kill comp with the build for people wondering how staying alive is possible.
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on May 6, 2021, 7:37:20 PM
...So, judging by the last post in the thread, viability of the build starts with roughly 60ex budget?
Viability starts with a 6L pledge. Grow from there.

Here was my post from day 3 of the league (day 2 really as Friday was a wash, I was stuck with the zone failures day 1 and never made it past act 2) a 15c Essence worm was the 3rd most expensive item i had traded for at that point. Day 2 pledge was 70c. Day 3 pandemonius was 2.5 ex.
Spoiler

"
So I league started this. Full cleared ultimatums since act 2. Im level 83, still dogging everything. Great starter.

got some things to upgrade clearly, working on big ticket stuff before it gets out of hand with cost. Got lucky 6L in under 100 fuse.

And again end of day 4

Spoiler
"
today was jewel upgrade day.

still doing well with league mechanics. movement is key. standing still is death.

end of day 4:

acquired need to link and color obviously

got a glorious vanity, blizzard caller/prismatic heart 8 passive large cluster, and the 2 medium clusters from the guide

obviously this build farms pretty well.

level 88 but progress about to slow down, back to work in the morning.

cheers.

My luck reverted and that farruls took 2800nfuse to link.

At the time of the 2nd post I had roughly 20 deaths on the char. Most were growing pains/learning what not to do with the league mechanic. Hitting red tier maps really required a rumis for ultis.

Also to note: Never sinks default filter hid all chrome items this league start. Simply turning that on made bank as they were super expensive ~2.7:1c....probably because of the filter. That funded everything up to end of day 4 or 5 almost all on its own.
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on May 7, 2021, 7:04:49 AM
Just wanted to say thx for the build, made it to 100! Only bossing feels awkward sometimes because we have to stand still to deal dmg. Pretty cool build overall :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info