[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

This is my second league and I'm almost done playing at this point. I had a lot of fun with this build :) I spent some time crafting up a really nice helm and boots that I wanted to show off! I haven't gotten around to getting them perfect enchants (esp the helm obviously) but I felt like people here could appreciate them. Pulled off double elevated + 3rd influenced mod, on both!

Thanks for the guide!
"
Siamat wrote:
This is my second league and I'm almost done playing at this point. I had a lot of fun with this build :) I spent some time crafting up a really nice helm and boots that I wanted to show off! I haven't gotten around to getting them perfect enchants (esp the helm obviously) but I felt like people here could appreciate them. Pulled off double elevated + 3rd influenced mod, on both!

Thanks for the guide!

Nice crafts :o
Hi,
Can you help me, i play this build and i'm lvl93 but i die a lot and mosstly i have only 140K dps while i have 6 link pledge.
I don't understand why, i don't have exactly the same passive tree otherwise i loose a lote of hp.
When i look the build of the autor his budget version with 5 link have 800kdps whereas he have only 5 link.
Please can you look my build.
My pob:
https://pastebin.com/nLP8BM
i buy a cluster jewel with cold conduction and stormrider but i test it and i loose 500 hp to equip it is worth it?
I have approximately 6ex and i don't know what to buy for boost my dps and
my suvivality.
The cluster with wish for death and master of fera cost 6ex but i don't know if it's the best upgrade i must do with 6 ex.
Sorry for my bad english.
My stuff:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SolaelFR/characters
"
SolaelFR wrote:
i buy a cluster jewel with cold conduction and stormrider but i test it and i loose 500 hp to equip it is worth it?
I have approximately 6ex and i don't know what to buy for boost my dps and
my suvivality.
The cluster with wish for death and master of fera cost 6ex but i don't know if it's the best upgrade i must do with 6 ex.
Sorry for my bad english.
My stuff:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SolaelFR/characters

If you're 93 it's not that bad...

Check what the autor of the build checked in PoB Configuration tab and check the same things.

You could have put your cluster jewel to the left, less points since you're already getting points nearby.

Get a glorious vanity timeless jewel with doryani on it, and socket it under pain attunement. Then allocate corrupted soul which just replaced pain attunement. Helped me a lot to survive.

Read the powerpoint if you're lost : https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1f0BIz04pkqmuwKXZYwdTbemV4Kj9LuClSV2vF4Malx8/edit?usp=sharing
Last edited by Pandaroux on May 26, 2021, 8:37:39 AM
Ok thank a lot for your advices.
But for you what'is the best : buy the cluster jewel or save my money to buy in a long time the replica of farrul?
"
SolaelFR wrote:
Ok thank a lot for your advices.
But for you what'is the best : buy the cluster jewel or save my money to buy in a long time the replica of farrul?

First of all - buy glorius vanity, its most cheap way to have more surviving for less money. After some rolling its also +some dps when you get lucky numbers, its on guide. Next step - farrul (regular) im think. Its free aspect of the cat for not so much money. Replica too expensive, im postprone it for least.

But honestly, even these improvements will not make an real tough character, I did all this, plus upgraded the cluster tree, but I'm still regularly onshooted. I do not understand how people take 100lvl on this, maybe they focus only on survival and leveling and do not run t16 maps with mods, I do not know. I'm stuck at level 94 and the only way to change this is to spend ex on chuyala rotas, cause on regualar mapping deaths cant be avoided.

Anyway its good build and just great guide, and im definetly must say thanks for this.
Ok thank you i will do that.
"
iunewind wrote:
I do not understand how people take 100lvl on this, maybe they focus only on survival and leveling and do not run t16 maps with mods, I do not know. I'm stuck at level 94 and the only way to change this is to spend ex on chuyala rotas, cause on regualar mapping deaths cant be avoided.

I got to 99.5 just fine with regular mapping and bossing, so I have to disagree. This build can run literally all map mods, only thing you need to run reflect maps is to change a pantheon and swap in Sybil instead of Essence Worm - it only costs you some DPS, but we've got more than enough of that.

Then again, this is the only build I played this league, so my gear is pretty "out there" at this point.

As said before, it's all about stacking as many different layers of defenses as you reasonably can.

Basic thing you can change to boost survivability is to use Enfeeble curse - instead of anointing Heart of Ice, I went for Whispers of Doom, which gives you two curses limit (three with Awakened Hextouch). This way you can cast offensive curse on hit from a delve/influenced ring (Frostbite or Ele Weakness) and use Frostbolt-Hextouch-Enfeeble. Later I changed that to Assmark ring + Enfeeble-Frostbite-AwakHextouch-Frostbolt.

Dropping Heart of Ice means we do not leech ES anymore, but my ES leech speed was so slow that I don't really care. While mapping the ES is kept up with Cinderswallow anyway.

Other defensive things to look for include, but are not limited to:

- knockback (seriously, Thunderstruck is just THAT good)
- chaos res (sitting at 60-something atm)
- elusive on boots
- some % phys taken as cold dmg on helmet (see below)
- Zealotry instead of Hatred (less dps, but drops a lot of consecrated ground giving us some regen)
- flask charge on crit hunter mod on belt - in my opinion it is far superior to 10% life, since our ehp is split between similar amounts of HP, ES and mana anyway. Being able to have 100% diamond flask uptime on long bosses like Sirus or Maven is too nice
- another option mentioned recently is to use Rumi's flask, but personally I can't drop any of my current flasks without it feeling like shit.

You can get a nice-ish helmet relatively easy:
- get a lvl 85 redeemer base (or buy a good 85 base like a blizzard crown and slam it with redeemer exalt)
- chaos spam/frigid fossil spam/harvest cold spam until -9% cold res suffix and usable other suffixes
- suffixes cannot be changed and harvest reforge cold guarantees phys taken as cold
- pray that life is good or you have space to craft 70
Last edited by Prypcio on May 28, 2021, 6:13:27 PM
"
Prypcio wrote:

- flask charge on crit hunter mod on belt - in my opinion it is far superior to 10% life, since our ehp is split between similar amounts of HP, ES and mana anyway. Being able to have 100% diamond flask uptime on long bosses like Sirus or Maven is too nice

How rare is this. There isn't even one listed on trade (or I can't search). Probably can't search, I can't even find matches offline...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info