[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Essence worm was the 3rd most expensive item i had traded for at that point. Day 2 pledge was 70c. Day 3 pandemonius was 2.5 ex.

Looks like im play some completely different game, because in my poe in the early days pledge was worth about 2or 3ex and Pandemonum - about 5ex, also I get oneshots everywhere (or have situation when impossible to kill some guys by one portal), but I read other people who play without deaths in a similar set etc.
"
iunewind wrote:
"
Essence worm was the 3rd most expensive item i had traded for at that point. Day 2 pledge was 70c. Day 3 pandemonius was 2.5 ex.

Looks like im play some completely different game, because in my poe in the early days pledge was worth about 2or 3ex and Pandemonum - about 5ex, also I get oneshots everywhere (or have situation when impossible to kill some guys by one portal), but I read other people who play without deaths in a similar set etc.

Yea prices went up very quickly thats why I rushed these items. Pandemonius was like 7 ex 2 days after I got it. That was really big to get before it shot up. The Pledge had a dip that I caught. It was ~125c most of the time i was watching it but I think a few people had a fight under cutting each other...ex was under 70c at the time so you're not too far off with cost on that anyways

Sometimes you also get unlucky with item timings. I got my farruls for 8 ex and by the time I actually linked it they were worth 3.5 ex lol. And those fuse were unlucky, all said and done I sold it 6L for 11 ex with over 17 ex invested not counting 5 blue off coloring it.

If you back to my 2nd post you'll see I was still rocking garbage flasks, 3 of which were hp pots. I spent all of the first 5 days in yellow maps at most. At that point the character had exactly 0 armor and 0 endurance charges which doesn't make for a good time in reds, so I was selling all red map drops for a bit.

Are you using rumis for harder content? Its the smallest change that makes the biggest difference. Rumis alone allowed me to go from having some sketchy situations in t9 to mid and high red tier viable.

After that its mostly just positioning. I played way too much dota back in the day which is like 95% positioning over everything else and I feel like that helps immensely for my survivability with spell casters
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on May 10, 2021, 6:39:02 AM
Edit: thanks for the build, and all the wonderful comments in the thread about defenses. I really began to get a hang of this build and suggestions like void sphere, enduring composure and Rumi's really improved my survivability.

I wanted to play this build for a long time so I'm trying it out in Standard by respeccing my freezing pulse totem Hierophant (already has Pandemonious and nearby -cold resist helm) from a previous league.

Replica Farrul's Fur is insanely expensive in Standard (too few available, 3 times as expensive as a HH) so I'm not going for it (maybe I beg for one at the end of league, but that's a different story) and ended up with regular Farrul's fur.

Edit: thanks for the Enduring Composure suggestion! It really worked wonders.

Now my question is it appears this build has a lot of buttons to press. Cold snap and frost bomb are both self-cast. I also don't have a curse ring setup yet (my rare ring is a decent ring with life/mana/resists/aspect of the cat, and I saw many ppl in the thread were running two), so I'm thinking of an arcanist brand setup:

Arcanist brand - cold snap - frostbite - frost bomb - bone chill

Is that a good idea?
Last edited by Gothic90 on May 11, 2021, 4:05:40 AM
Hi, fist of all, thanks for the amazing guide, it's one of the most well made guide.

Now I'm at a point where I'd like to improve my DPS, and I dunno where to start.

I got some awakening gems, but still at level 1, so maybe when they will be maxed, my dps will increase a lot.

I Also checked on PoB with my ice nova setup with level 21 ice nova and maxed gems, I'll reach near 3M per ice nova, so it will be a nice boost from my actual
2.3M.

So which should be my priority in upgrades?

A botled faith maybe?
Also, my second LCJ don't have the best mod.

Also, there's a reason why aren't we running Herald of Ice?

I'll leave my pastebin link if anyone would help.

Thanks! <3

https://pastebin.com/KH4jdGUs
Last edited by Darkstarless83 on May 11, 2021, 7:18:36 AM
"
Hi, fist of all, thanks for the amazing guide, it's one of the most well made guide.

Now I'm at a point where I'd like to improve my DPS, and I dunno where to start.

I got some awakening gems, but still at level 1, so maybe when they will be maxed, my dps will increase a lot.

I Also checked on PoB with my ice nova setup with level 21 ice nova and maxed gems, I'll reach near 3M per ice nova, so it will be a nice boost from my actual
2.3M.

So which should be my priority in upgrades?

A botled faith maybe?
Also, my second LCJ don't have the best mod.

Also, there's a reason why aren't we running Herald of Ice?

I'll leave my pastebin link if anyone would help.

Thanks! <3

https://pastebin.com/KH4jdGUs

Clusters and jewels are an enormous amount of damage.
Bottled faith is an instant 10% more nevermind the bonus DPS from the added crit.
Woke gems give a ton of damage at level 5. Awakened added cold gets +1 cold gems.

We run no HoI because unreserved mana is life. If you wanna give up survivability its definitely a viable way to gain some DPS.

A giant way to boost dps is to run hatred in another essence worm and use hextouch to apply curses. A level 20 frostbite does a lot more for us than the ring explicit, and hatred is, well, hatred. Hard to beat it. With awakened hextouch 5 you can apply 2 curses. Level 20 frostbite and ele weakness alone account for 2M dps for me, and thats not even pob full real dps, thats dps on poe.ninja
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on May 11, 2021, 9:16:00 AM
Thanks a lot mate!
Wanted to highlight a great little passive that was mentioned here and there, Thunderstruck

Can be hard to find a right Megalomaniac, but this thing in combination with Cold Conduction gives you almost permament knockback and it SLAPS. Just after you cast when big novas are around you it pushes everything away from you, and then as you keep casting on frostbolts the mobs "ride the wave" and stay in the biggest nova overlaps zone. Can't recommend it enough.
"
Prypcio wrote:
Wanted to highlight a great little passive that was mentioned here and there, Thunderstruck

Can be hard to find a right Megalomaniac, but this thing in combination with Cold Conduction gives you almost permament knockback and it SLAPS. Just after you cast when big novas are around you it pushes everything away from you, and then as you keep casting on frostbolts the mobs "ride the wave" and stay in the biggest nova overlaps zone. Can't recommend it enough.

A megalomaniac isn't necessary for Thunderstruck as it can appear on lightning dmg large clusters. Lightning based large clusters can still roll sadist, prismatic heart and so on, meaning you probably just loses out on some minor damage from one small passive and Thunderstruck itself.
"
Pandaroux wrote:
Buying awakened gems at the moment but it's expensive :(

You already have lvl 5 Awakened Added Cold, I would prioritize getting 21/X Vaal Ice Nova over other awakened gems.

You could also review your flasks - I cannot imagine mapping without a flask with curse immunity. Mana flask without "Enduring" prefix also would feel weird to me, but idk.

Also you're missing a boot enchant, whatever you like (stun avoidance, mana regen, life leech...)
Last edited by Prypcio on May 19, 2021, 2:16:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info