[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

That's my next goal - Cinderswallow Urn. I can see that you have Glorious Vanity. Could you please tell me if this search below is enough and I shouldn't consider any historic number? Just name of Doryani and Conquered by the Vaal?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/4W0p7gc9
Just name of Doryani is enought. I dont know what gear u have but Glorious its not a game changer item. In my opinion u should go for cinderswallow and pandemonius becouse it gives u huge amount of dps and blind to chilled enemies.
For survivability questions

- Cinderswallow is the biggest survivability upgrade IMO and is carrying a lot of endgame ultimatums, I think it should be prioritized

- then a source of blind (Pandemonius or Disorienting Display cluster)

- also, Vaal Ice Nova was buffed and is really good for ultimatums; I'd rather have 20/0 Vaal one than 21/X non-vaal

- CWDT Void Sphere lets you take a breathe every now and then, even with its long cooldown

- Early build suggests Enduring Cry, but I prefer a passive source of endurance charges - currently using Enduring Composure node on a small cluster, and slowly saving up for replica farruls

- Immunity jewels - hinder immunity is really nice this league, so get one if you can; corrupted blood also seems more annoying than before after changes, idk if that's just me - I got fed up spamming my life flask to keep getting rid of it after it reapplies itself 5 times from one tanky rare, so I got immunity on a jewel as well; maybe another option would be to move it to enduring mana flask so one press actually lasts a few seconds

- dropped a Glorious Vanity today so I'm using it, but it only gives me ~800 ES, dunno if it's worth it (probably would be if it rolled something good on Arcane Vision but meh)
Last edited by Prypcio on Apr 26, 2021, 2:43:19 AM
"
Prypcio wrote:
For survivability questions

- Cinderswallow is the biggest survivability upgrade IMO and is carrying a lot of endgame ultimatums, I think it should be prioritized

- also, Vaal Ice Nova was buffed and is really good for ultimatums; I'd rather have 20/0 Vaal one than 21/X non-vaal

- CWDT Void Sphere lets you take a breathe every now and then, even with its long cooldown

- Early build suggests Enduring Cry, but I prefer a passive source of endurance charges - currently using Enduring Composure node on a small cluster, and slowly saving up for replica farruls

- Immunity jewels - hinder immunity is really nice this league, so get one if you can; corrupted blood also seems more annoying than before after changes, idk if that's just me - I got fed up spamming my life flask to keep getting rid of it after it reapplies itself 5 times from one tanky rare, so I got immunity on a jewel as well; maybe another option would be to move it to enduring mana flask so one press actually lasts a few seconds

- dropped a Glorious Vanity today so I'm using it, but it only gives me ~800 ES, dunno if it's worth it (probably would be if it rolled something good on Arcane Vision but meh)

Pretty much all of this but I want to add that a well rolled rumis goes a long way as well. I got myself a 20/10 and running nearly 30/50 attack/spell block made an immediately noticeable difference.

I've been running cinderswallow for a bit now and before that played with frost shield and void sphere and I completely agree void sphere is really nice in ultis

Hinder immunity is 100% just as important as cb immunity due to the league mechanic

I think the bonus es is worth it, again because of the league mechanic and also due to cinderswallow keeping us topped off.

Vaal ice nova is our 'oh shit' button. Anyone playing this build in this league without the vaal version of ice nova is straight doing it wrong. Its way more than a legion breakout button.

All of these things synergize to create our defensive layers
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Apr 26, 2021, 7:50:45 AM
Also forgot to mention phasing on kill abyss jewel + stun avoidance (pantheon/boot enchant) - those let you actually position yourself in ultimatums
"
Prypcio wrote:
F

Unfortunetly, many of my deaths its oneshoot, so it's unlikely that the flask will help much here and will be gamechanger.

Farrule or amulet - understandable way for improvement, but unfortunately there is a vicious circle, because to get the currency you need to farm high content, and to farm needs a strong build which needs currency :)
My character is squishy right now, catching oneshots from ~t8 alredy. I complete some red maps, but doubtful that this will be able to kill guards, Sirus, etc.. Even take level 90 was a problem, had to be XP leech for get it.
Yesterday I purchase Cinderswallow Urn and I can say the survivability was noticeable. On T12-14 maps I was able to do 4 ultimatums in a row without being killed. Also I changed my abyssal jewel to have phasing on kill.

4K life, 1k ES and about 1700 mana (out of 3000) because I somehow playing with herald of ice. So 6.7 up to 8k EHP at this moment and I get one shotted once by map boss with Maven buff. I have to check later guardian as I noticed that my single target damage is low AF :D

My next goal is to get an amulet and Pledge 6L

...So, I kill all of the guardians and like always Hunter gives me a little headache. Sirus defeated as well without single death but I will struggle at higher awakening levels due to lack of damage. Overall when I was killed quickly in most cases because I stuck between mobs or I positioned just in projectiles. The worst are melee enemies.

Just wondering, during Sirus or any other boss fight, what's the best replacement for Enduring Cry?
Last edited by mefistofx on Apr 27, 2021, 5:01:09 PM
I've been running t14+ for days and I've been one tapped by a giga juiced baran and thats all thats killed me
This is my league start and main build choice since 3.9 Metamorph league. So I will write down some tips for the most asked questions of this build, it might help the community.

Ultimatum is a very hard league mechanic in terms of surviving. Here are the tips:

1. Clarity %10 MoM Watcher's Eye It will be a greater boost than you imagine for your survivability. Just take it without thinking if you are dying in Ultimatums. Basically it's like you are using a Cloak of Defiance but also benefitting from Farrul's.

2. Enduring Cry & Vaal Ice Nova These panic buttons are really good. Use Vaal Ice Nova whenever it fills, it's easy to refill. Use Enduring Cry just after clicking Ultimatum, it's guaranteed 3 charges. Better than zero. Easy to use.

3. Disorienting Display Blind is mandatory for Ultimatum. It will help you a lot. Even after getting The Pandemonious, keep DD. Because Pandemonius blinds on hit but DD works like an aura. We can say that they kinda stack.

If you have questions, feel free to ask me. I like helping people.
Cheers.

"
iunewind wrote:
"
Prypcio wrote:
F

Unfortunetly, many of my deaths its oneshoot, so it's unlikely that the flask will help much here and will be gamechanger.

Farrule or amulet - understandable way for improvement, but unfortunately there is a vicious circle, because to get the currency you need to farm high content, and to farm needs a strong build which needs currency :)
My character is squishy right now, catching oneshots from ~t8 alredy. I complete some red maps, but doubtful that this will be able to kill guards, Sirus, etc.. Even take level 90 was a problem, had to be XP leech for get it.

Swap Hypothermia instead of Cold Pen. before 6-linking. It will freeze everything including map bosses, it will make it easier to farm. Swap and level the gem. After 6-linking, you can add Cold Pen. again.

Immediately change your Large Cluster Jewel. You need Disorienting Display so badly for blind. It will change so many things, believe me. It's not expensive. You can look up for good combinations to get DD as first notable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info