0.10.3c Patch Notes

"
mushioov wrote:
After having tried the new patch I do know one thing: the new loot system is AWESOME! If only the timer wasn't that long so I could snatch sh*t up faster!
Noobs gonna rage, ragers gonna noob!

Thanks GGG for staying with your Vision!.

The only significant thing that changed was the timers! The removal of names is trivial and you very soon get used to it and appreciate it. But the timers is a big change, and a dilution of their vision not to mention 100% catering to the carebears.

Not sure if you kept track of the loot argument threads, but longer timers is exactly what many of the casual crowd were asking for!! Hardcores like yourself should be raging at this and the precedent it sets.

Anyway, now I've played it for a night, I like the patch. The timer extension will kill off a ton of ninjaing, and although the removal of names makes life slightly annoying for friendly gentlemen parties, such parties can easily sort things out without too much fuss. So in the end, good. And especially good that it shows GGG listen to their more casual players to an extent, and are open to diluting their original vision. Especially since the notes specifically stated this was for "fairness".

MORE PLEASE.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Mar 19, 2013, 9:57:25 AM
How about 5L and 6L items ?
"
GhostlightX wrote:

Not sure if you kept track of the loot argument threads, but longer timers is exactly what many of the casual crowd were asking for!! Hardcores like yourself should be raging at this and the precedent it sets.

Stop your bitchin'... Theres a loot thread that exists for that.
"
GhostlightX wrote:

Not sure if you kept track of the loot argument threads, but longer timers is exactly what many of the casual crowd were asking for!!

They made it more FFA by removing the names and that's only positive. They only slightly adjusted the timers and even though that was a bit negative, making it more FFA more than compensates for it.
SO, if you are happy now you mind shutting the hell up about loot options then?
"
mushioov wrote:
"
GhostlightX wrote:

Not sure if you kept track of the loot argument threads, but longer timers is exactly what many of the casual crowd were asking for!!

They made it more FFA by removing the names and that's only positive.

I thought that at first, but in fact it only takes an hour or two to adjust to that, and tune in, then you don't even remember what the old way looked like. All I see changed in the end is longer timers, which is a good thing. But if you are happy, why not take your own advice? I'm surprised you are is all, thought you'd be rage-quitting after this and full respecs for duellists.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Mar 19, 2013, 10:04:01 AM
Has anyone considered how new players will have little clue as to how looting works, since there's no timer/names? Not everyone read these boards... They'll catch on eventually, but its really not intuitive.
Last edited by Thalandor on Mar 19, 2013, 10:17:20 AM
"
freak63 wrote:
GIVE EVERYONE THEIR OWN LOOT.....WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE DEVS RETARDED OR WHAT?
Chris seems to be a name everyone tosses around..fix this shit chris...ffa loot hc and my own loot on regular how fucking hard is that?

Keep it civil.

First and last warning.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA...

Right, extending the allocated/assigned timers from 1.5s to 2.6s means more ffa ... well wrong, it means more allocated/assigned.
logic 101
Last edited by mobutu on Mar 19, 2013, 10:29:12 AM
"
mobutu wrote:
"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA...

Right, extending the instanced timers from 1.5s to 2.6s means more ffa ... well wrong, it means more instanced.
logic 101

"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA by removing the names...

Attention span: ADHD.
Also why increased timer on loot is worse:

In public games when something drops, people hover idly for longer time now, away from the battle.

This does interfere with the flow of the game a lot.

If you make the timer 10 seconds (especially without visible counter) - people will tend to stay idly over grayed-out orbs for the duration, regardless of danger (greed...) It is happening right now.

Longer timers = Longer idle hovering time over drops, away from action.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info